Macclesfield v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Maybe Nicholson knew what he was doing all along...........................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well Dave, if results carry on like this, I'll be one, of "many" fans who'll be eating our words, difference between me and some others, I'll only to delighted to eat mine, :)

Just to add, if 3 wins on the bounce, and a real chance of the great escape doesn't get fans back into the ground, nothing will.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Believe me if we pull this off I will be delighted to eat my words also, I will get down on my knees and apologise, giving it all this :bow: never wanted so much to be proved wrong in my life. Belief is growing. :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well done the lads. A massive 3 points really does give us hope.

If we can win our game in hand over F C Halifax and Altrincham we will be just 1 and 2 points behind them respectively. Also the goal difference with the bottom 5 has narrowed significantly.

A win on Saturday home to Kiddy will mean we are clearly in with a chance of avoiding the drop.

Welling have taken 2 points from the last 11 games. It is beginning to look like 2 of the current 6 teams at the bottom will survive and if we do pull off a miracle it will be the four home games against Kiddy,Halifax,Southport and Altrincham that will be the most crucial.

Can we attract 2,000 to Plainmoor on Saturday? Why not! Just bring a mate.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

First double of the season. Well done to Kev and the lads! Long way to go but looking so much better. Delighted that so many sceptics are beginning to give Nicho credit for rebuilding the team and getting results.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by Chorleygull »

The whole team worked their socks off, closing them down early. The back four were magnificent. After a dodgy start when he could have played Rees in in acres of space, Harrad was excellent at holding the ball up and taking the pressure off. Hard to knock anyone but Ajala seems to lack confidence somewhat. Was worried when we failed to put chances away after scoring our second - Ajala one on one, header (Bliss ?) against the bar, Berry in on goal slams it, saved by keepeer. Thought we might pay and they had a couple of great chances. Could have been 6-3 to us !
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It's been along time since the team put in a TEAM effort. From what was looking certain relegation 3 weeks ago, Torquay do what they are good at making us fans think the unthinkable. It only happens at Torquay. Well done to everyone involved within the club. It's so important that we take it game by game. We are still 5(6 with GD) adrift but the key matches, despite them all being cup finals are Halifax and Altrincham, and luckily are both at home on a Tuesday.
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Next Tuesday's home game against Braintree will be a game to watch, and will be a true measure of where our team is at. Mustn't miss that one..
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

lucy6lucy wrote: We are still 5(6 with GD) adrift
No it's just 5. Our goal difference is the same as Altrincham's.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

I really hope this run of form is enough to encourage a decent crowd on saturday. We need to get behind the team more than ever!
Fantastic result last night!
Yellow armyyyy!!!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

I thought I was a rose tinter, but Brucie put me in my place yesterday morning.
"Taking a draw" is utter nonsense as is saying "this is the 4th most difficult away match".

However, I am glad you were right and your previous positive comments re Nathan Blissett have also come good. Well done Brucie.
Up until New Years Day we seemed to get on the wrong end of tough decisions and ill fortune, but now perhaps it is our turn for the rub of the green.
Lets all hope so.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

"Hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments"

And now we have hope and belief. Who would be a Torquay fan!?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Just had a look at the Match Stats. No bookings at all. But we did commit more fouls ....... :whistle:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't really subscribe to the school of thought that says that matches against Halifax and Altrincham are the biggest matches.

Kidderminster is the biggest game and then so is Braintree. We are going to be a tired team by the middle of next week but the other two have played just as many as we have and Braintree will have a long trip on the day.

These two games are distinctly winnable as well. There isn't a lot of quality around. Halifax, Kidderminster and Southport havn't turned into good teams - they are just playing average teams every week in the main.

The key is that we have nearly a fully fit squad so we MUST make this count. Four points out of six minimum requirement but we really need to win these two - if we do that we are in dreamland.
Foxhole
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Foxhole »

This was a fantastic result and I am hoping that the end of the season will see us at least five points of the bottom. My heart says yes but my head says no - this is such a big ask! I hope that everyone keeps a level head - its all feast or famine on here - one moment we re going on a promotion winning run to avoid the drop - any slip up sees the sentiment change to us being the worst team in the world. The truth is somewhere in between - I think we will be relying on others performances as much as our own