Torquay United v Welling United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Blisset inches wide.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Verma on for Harrad

Added in 10 minutes 14 seconds:
chaney on for blissett

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
FT: TORQUAY UNITED 2 WELLING UNITED 0

COYY
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Hugely significant chain of events tonight. For the first time in a long time, survival is in our hands.

Win games in hand, beat Halifax and Altrincham at Plainmoor, match their results until the seasons end (and of course Kidderminsters and Wellings) = survival.

Yes I know, its not that simple but its a hell of a lot more promising than it was!
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

2 clean sheets on the bounce, 6 must win points in the bag and it seems like things are finally coming together!! Possibly a little too late but as that gap closes just just a little more, that glimmer of light is getting a tad brighter!!....
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Workmanlike performance, not pretty and Iffy made all the difference when he came on.

Nice little cameo from Eunan!
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

First half was nothing special, apart from ajala scoring a few try's over the away end. Second half, solid performance and we were in control of the match, and when iffy come on he caused them plenty of trouble, first time I've seen him, cracking player!

Another 3points, things are looking a little brighter!!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Damn you Torquay.

Like a psychotic ex, you drive me to despair only to pull me back with the lure of end of season high jinx and dreams of great escapes. You, you utter utter bastard. I love you..........
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I wonder where brucie and wives are now.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I just love the BBC match text system.

I quote: 'Shaun Harrad (Torquay United) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul'.

Actually, he was (unfairly) booked for not retreating at a free kick. The officials did not have a good match by the way.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Glostergull wrote:I wonder where brucie and wives are now.
Doesnt he live in North Devon? I reckons still driving!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Torquay marginally the better side in a tense first half, and despite Welling hitting the crossbar from an absolute worldie, Torquay should have gone in at H/T ahead, and would have done but for a fine save from the Welling keeper, and some good last ditch defending from the visitors.

Ajala had two shots in the first half in TQ1 the first landed in TQ12 the second in EX1, other comedy moments for me was Blisset's attempted overhead kick, looked like he was in a bad version of swan Lake, Rees attempted Messi style flick only to fall over, and the substitute on the gym bike, not sure whether he was powering the floodlights or completing an audition for Afghanistan's got talent.

Second half continued in the same vein, as the minutes began to kick and the pressure mounted in what was a must win game, things seem to get more tense, despite continuing to be only slightly the better side it always looked like Torquay would need an extra spark to get over the line, enter Iffy Allen, he preceded to rip Welling a whole new rear end, and from that moment on there was only one winner.
Formerly known as forevertufc
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

The first goal was a bit of a scramble and I had no idea who scored. Iffy made a big difference when he came on. Good atmosphere at Plainmoor and really good to see Eunan O'Kane at half time.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

gateman49 wrote:I just love the BBC match text system.
I quote: 'Shaun Harrad (Torquay United) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul'.
Actually, he was (unfairly) booked for not retreating at a free kick. The officials did not have a good match by the way.
I thought that was a fair booking. As I saw it, Harrad ran forward and closed down the player taking the free kick. So what's the point in having a rule requiring players to keep their distance at a free kick if referees don't enforce them?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Great result thought Richards and Ajala need to make simpler passes rather than give the ball away and Blissett has gone up in my estimation great work rate and a real handful tonight.
McDonald and Smith both held the side together and Iffy is not Iffy any more.

IT WAS GOOD TO BE A SUPPORTER TONIGHT. :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :clap:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Good win - the referee was absolutely shocking. Yes Blissett provides a few comedy moments but hes difficult to play against, is a big unit and looks fitter. Definitely a plus for me. I was in line with the Smith header which the keeper carried about two feet over his line. It seemed that the officials didn't give it and I've no idea what happened after that.