Boreham Wood v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:Stop lying, you are.. :)
Relax Dave...... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's a cracking result, of course results in other match's are important, however they can't all win every game, as said, it's now all about what our team does. A win Tuesday and we'll have momentum, and 2-3 games in hand on the teams above, this isn't over till the fat lady sings.
Last edited by Dave on 20 Feb 2016, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Courageous decision by KN to drop himself that paid off.
Well done to the team for battling and the support for being there!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Gap down to 10 points. Win on Tuesday and the gap reduces further but more importantly the team gains momentum.

Still worry that goal difference will play a big part.
Attachments
league table.PNG
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This was a win or bust game and we managed to win it. No doubt Tuesdays game will be off again but should it be played and we win we should lose on purpose in the Trophy next week.

The team that played today is strong enough but the dismal fact is that we again had NOTHING on the bench. Wright has a groin injury - no doubt picked up from the midweek replay. Hopefully Verma can overcome his problems and Allen can get fit because we need some luck with injuries and EVERY player fit.

We just cannot afford to be playing extra games - if we beat Bognor Regis we will then have another two Saturday games cancelled - we will end up playing games on Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. The Trophy has to go.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Massive result this!! Need to follow it up on Tuesday now, then we'll start to believe!!...
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Welling on Tuesday and Altrincham on Saturday gives us a good chance to get six points against relegation rivals. It is in our hands but we mustnt get carried away by the last two games.

Win the next two and I might allow myself a dream or two.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

To dream the impossible dream !
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

This is always more appropriate for our club........

Foxhole
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Foxhole »

Still along way to go -- an escape from our current position will become the stuff of legends, but it is still achievable and until it isnt, keep the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Burnhamgull wrote:Welling on Tuesday and Altrincham on Saturday gives us a good chance to get six points against relegation rivals. It is in our hands but we mustnt get carried away by the last two games.
Win the next two and I might allow myself a dream or two.
After the Welling game on Tuesday, we play Bognor Regis in the FA Trophy on Saturday, and we're away to Macclesfield the following Tuesday.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

We could be third from bottom at 21.30 on Tuesday, All we need is a 3 - 0 win and for Wrexham to win! But there are other scenarios as well.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

As Brucie points out we need the Trophy like a hole in the head, all it is doing it causing fixture chaos. In any case we have not got enough eligible players to even fill the bench !! Farcical.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Gullscorer wrote: After the Welling game on Tuesday, we play Bognor Regis in the FA Trophy on Saturday, and we're away to Macclesfield the following Tuesday.
Oops must update my calendar :bow:

I'll go to Macclesfield again and hopefully we'll repeat the trick of last Tuesday. Fingers crossed that Tuesdays game with Welling isn't cancelled again. I still can't help feel that the cancellations will cost us over the next 3-4 weeks.

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

! have to say, and believe me friends I hesitate to say it, but I DISagree with brucie! I think continued success in the Trophy will bring extra funds (desperately needed) and some glory.
brucie, don't worry! It won't happen again.