Tranmere Rovers v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
kenno
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by kenno »

I have read several comments regarding when the club will start preparing for next season. Obviously once we know which league we will be playing in will have a huge bearing on this decision.I think i am right in saying that ALL the players contracts come to an end when the current campaign finishes and there has been no talk, as far as i'm aware , of anybody being offered new contracts. One would assume that if we are relegated the majority, if not all, the current squad would depart as surely we would have to seriously consider our status as a operating as full-time club.IF we survive the drop I would further assume that the club would act promptly to offer contracts to "key" players who they wished to keep and this hopefully would give Nico a core to start re-building for the 2016/17 season. How many of the current squad would we want to keep ? If Luke Young can regain his fitness and replicate the form he showed, particularly in the first half of last season,he would almost certainly be one to keep.Apart from that who else ? For a start the five loan players would return to their parent clubs and alot would depend on how the new signings "bed" in and what sort of impact they make in the coming weeks.Angus, Richards , Ajala , Butler and possibly Berry would be good to keep , but after that who knows! I would be interested in your comments and thoughts. Come on the gulls !