Tranmere Rovers v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

So are people going to keep defending Nicholson and acting as though he's the second coming of Alex Ferguson on this site? Glad to hear that the away fans are finally making clear their dissatisfaction at the trash were being served up.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Useless tossers.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Manage by fact and not emotion????
SenorDingDong wrote:So are people going to keep defending Nicholson and acting as though he's the second coming of Alex Ferguson on this site? Glad to hear that the away fans are finally making clear their dissatisfaction at the trash were being served up.
Last edited by davidcaldwell123 on 30 Jan 2016, 17:28, edited 2 times in total.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Is Alec Ferguson available then? If that's so let's get him in and Nicho will put him up front with Blissett.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Let's see what Kev uses as excuses for his interview..
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

If we really are judging by facts Dave the manager's record unfortunately says only the one thing.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

In this game of chess I would say there are two moves left?
Bleeper wrote:Let's see what Kev uses as excuses for his interview..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Situation is becoming more difficult to take. Nothing against chucking a big lad up top for the last few minutes, however surely it's about service into the front players, it shouldn't be take the shortest midfielder off for the tallest player up front.

It should be about looking at Rees/Chaney/Richards and asking yourself which out of these is most likely to get the ball in the right areas with the greater consistency, personally would have left Chaney on and taken Richards off, Richards can't pass water.

Forgot, thanks to Danny for popping this thread, been a difficult few weeks for me and my family.
Last edited by Dave on 30 Jan 2016, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

No Comment

Dazza wrote:If we really are judging by facts Dave the manager's record unfortunately says only the one thing.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

My God - we REALLY need some incoming players who can make an immediate and lasting difference before the window closes!

Nicholson has just said that "February is the Be all and End all".

Think he has realised that we could be relegated by 28th Feb (albeit not mathematically - I don't think).
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

At least KN can carry on his player career in the Confrence South and that is after all THE most important thing here.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Dave_Pougher wrote:At least KN can carry on his player career in the Confrence South and that is after all THE most important thing here.
The sad fact is there are some posters on this forum who'd probably make a good effort at arguing this point, such is their inability to see what's happening in front of them.
Yellow74
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow74 »

February is a very important month even if we set ourselves a target of 12 pts from 15 (personally I don't think we have a cat in yells chance of that sort of return) we may still find ourselves around 6 pts adrift of safety!

I'm sorry to say it's all over this season we will be relegated. Do the board have a plan in place for next season or are they hoping for the miracle that will never come?

Sad sad times.

Added in 4 seconds:
February is a very important month even if we set ourselves a target of 12 pts from 15 (personally I don't think we have a cat in yells chance of that sort of return) we may still find ourselves around 6 pts adrift of safety!

I'm sorry to say it's all over this season we will be relegated. Do the board have a plan in place for next season or are they hoping for the miracle that will never come?

Sad sad times.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

its not too bad on here, but jesus the Torquay fans facebook group is imploding,

People tagging KN and just posting abuse and much moronic insults. Its a whole group of bruices basically!

Get a grip people.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I feel for Sam Chaney tonight. After waiting ages for a chance, he finally comes on then gets hauled off again. That will destroy the kids confidence and he'll probably be advised to run for the hills when his contract is up.

The match thread has an all too familiar ring to it. It starts with blind optimism and predictions of three goal victories then after 15:00 things go quiet until the first opposition goal and then all optimism starts to drain away and finally the end result confirms yet another defeat.

Nicholson is so out of his depth but there is no point changing the manager. The fact is, he should never have been given the role to start with. Yet again, the club hoped that a former player would bring us success and yet again, the club has failed.

There are still several deluded people on here talking of possible escapes. Forget it. This season is done and, at best, the club will start next season in the National South league. At worst, it will close down.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.