Torquay v Gateshead

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:From experience I am better saying nothing ! Also from experience I know the next strategy, lets see if I am right ! #DC crystal ball
What do you think is the next strategy then Dave?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Bleeper wrote: What do you think is the next strategy then Dave?
Buy a ticket for tonight and a couple of scratch cards......or buy a padlock for May.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

You can dress it up how you like, however the simple facts are 5 points from the last available 24 is relegation form and whilst people talk of a light at the end of the tunnel with improved performances the damage has already in truth been done. We will be relegated this season and face a very difficult situation regards moving forward.

I am unsure how the club will afford to attract players to tier 6 of football and presumably the salaries able to be paid are not significant enough to warrant professional status. The current board will take the flak but it is more than apparent that those who went before inflicted the damage by running the club not as a business but as a bottomless pit. I hope Phillips doesn't sleep a wink because of the damage done to our club, but given some of the things I've heard about his personality I'm fairly sure he sleeps comfortably in an expensive bed paid for with our gate money
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

KeithMalone wrote:You can dress it up how you like, however the simple facts are 5 points from the last available 24 is relegation form and whilst people talk of a light at the end of the tunnel with improved performances the damage has already in truth been done. We will be relegated this season and face a very difficult situation regards moving forward.

I am unsure how the club will afford to attract players to tier 6 of football and presumably the salaries able to be paid are not significant enough to warrant professional status. The current board will take the flak but it is more than apparent that those who went before inflicted the damage by running the club not as a business but as a bottomless pit. I hope Phillips doesn't sleep a wink because of the damage done to our club, but given some of the things I've heard about his personality I'm fairly sure he sleeps comfortably in an expensive bed paid for with our gate money
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

KeithMalone wrote:You can dress it up how you like, however the simple facts are 5 points from the last available 24 is relegation form and whilst people talk of a light at the end of the tunnel with improved performances the damage has already in truth been done. We will be relegated this season and face a very difficult situation regards moving forward.

Of which Phillips do you speak?

Present or past?
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Lets see what happens by Monday?
Bleeper wrote: What do you think is the next strategy then Dave?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Well, Gateshead were abysmal, very poor. Our first half display was excellent. The passing crisp and accurate. Toby Ajala was exceptional, the best player on that pitch by miles.

Their first goal was a diabolical linesman and ref f@ck up. The ball blatantly came off them, it wasn't even a 75/25 it was 100% our throw. From that they get a corner and score, terrible decision. The 2nd was a good goal.

Unfortunately the sub's Harrad and Blisset mmmmm.... Were not as good as Wright and Marsh.

But Ajala, hats off to you, worked very hard, never gave up and had the beating of the Gateshead defence.

Added in 4 seconds:
Well, Gateshead were abysmal, very poor. Our first half display was excellent. The passing crisp and accurate. Toby Ajala was exceptional, the best player on that pitch by miles.

Their first goal was a diabolical linesman and ref f@ck up. The ball blatantly came off them, it wasn't even a 75/25 it was 100% our throw. From that they get a corner and score, terrible decision. The 2nd was a good goal.

Unfortunately the sub's Harrad and Blisset mmmmm.... Were not as good as Wright and Marsh.

But Ajala, hats off to you, worked very hard, never gave up and had the beating of the Gateshead defence.
TUST MEMBER
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Couldnt make todays game sounds like a bit of a smash and grab by Gateshead,

As they say if you dont take your chances...

Only plus point is kiddy, altrincham, welling all lost!

Cant give up hope on one set back, keep the faith! :scarf:

PS.

Up yours Heslop, were was that for us! :red:
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

First half were excellent and we didn't really want half time to come as we were well on top. I thought we tried to hard on occasions especially in the first half to 'walk it in' instead of getting a shot away. On a skiddy pitch get your bloody shot away!! Anything can happen.

BUT we had 12 corners and not one of them really did we look like we were going to score from. We should be making chances from the amount of set pieces we had. Like Nicho said in post match interview... we have to take our chances.... its slipping away fast......
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

The fact that as I type this there are only 9 users on the site tells its own story, the fans thought today might see a change of fortune but in truth its another defeat and another nail in a rapidly closing coffin.

How the hell has it come to this, really?

Regrettably I think in 3 or 4 games time the Board must take stock and plan for Conference South if the results dont change.
That may/should mean a change of Manager for the next league down.

It is time people on here took an emotional step back and realised the predicament we are in.
Results dont look like changing but our league status does.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dismal from a dying club. In truth we played ok on a diabolical pitch. Absolutely all over them in the first half. Sods law they got their first goal from the usual lunatic decision from the officials.
How can an opposition player kick the ball into touch in full view of the linesman and the referee and then get the throw. Sods law also that they would score from it and Bowman would be the goalscorer.
Apart from that he was hopeless.
We needed to win today but lost again and its all over. Depressing as ever - I don't think I have seen my team win for over two seasons.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree with practically all you say Brucie. I did agree with all of it but I took a look at the league table and it's still just three more wins than the others (0kay with one less game to play ).
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

as depressing as it all is : Brucie's only been to two games this season, which is one of the reasons that he hasn't seen us win !! Wins are amazing, I haven't seen very many either, & I go to nearly all the games !That's why I'm off on the Sheps & Riley Funbus next week, to watch us play at Tranmere...ever hopeful. It's actually not mathematically over yet (though it could be soon.....)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

When you miss the bus, you can go through all the reasons for not arriving at the destination, reality is your still at the bus stop !

What happens when your the driver and you miss the bus? Nobody goes anywhere!

What happens if the driver, cant drive? You CRASH, Unfortunately the bus is just around the corner!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I agree the pitch was terrible, but as the guy next to me said when I moaned about it the amount of rain that has fallen this winter is unbelievable. I also agree Bowman (although he scored) was otherwise totally crap.

From that showing today we should NOT be down the bottom, no way. But when you are, everything goes against you as it did again today. We actually had a number of tic tac around the box which was very precise and quality stuff. But yes we needed to get some shots away which we didn't do. But those players out there today, tried bloody hard and had some quality about them.

Yes it might be too late, but you know Im not sure, we might pull it off. If Ajala keeps fit and plays like that there is hope.
TUST MEMBER