FA Trophy Third Round - game now on 9/2/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

The Greeks game on Saturday at St James Park against Oxford was postponed because the pitch was waterlogged...we've had quite a lot of roads being flooded in the area since then. Can't see them 'helping' us out.THe F A have to agree to a change of venue. The rules are a bit 'wordy' but it looks like if the match is postponed again. it has to be played the following Tuesday; that would be instead of Halifax Home.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

If by a miracle it happens;

Admission prices for Tuesday's FA Trophy clash: £12 (adults), £7 concessions (65+ & 16-18), £3 (under-16) and free for under-7s

can the thread title be updated too?
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

If we can beat Macca - 4th round draw winnable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LesLawrencesAfro
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by LesLawrencesAfro »

jimhart33 wrote:If we can beat Macca - 4th round draw winnable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't bank on it! Both Sutton and Bognor are on a good run of form of late ... Sutton sitting 3rd in Conference South (could go second with their game in hand over Maidstone) and Bognor in 4th in the Ryman Prem (could go joint top if they win their games in hand over Hampton).
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Plymouth Argyle have a very good drainage system on their pitch so maybe we could play it there if time is of the essence.

Then again, if we had spent c.500k on our pitch and then had our debts written off at about 0.8p in the £1, I am sure that our pitch would be excellent as well...

Added in 3 seconds:
Plymouth Argyle have a very good drainage system on their pitch so maybe we could play it there if time is of the essence.

Then again, if we had spent c.500k on our pitch and then had our debts written off at about 0.8p in the £1, I am sure that our pitch would be excellent as well...
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

northlondongull wrote:Plymouth Argyle have a very good drainage system on their pitch so maybe we could play it there if time is of the essence.

Added in 3 seconds:

I was speaking to an Argyle season ticket holder on Saturday evening who said that whilst their pitch used to be the best in the league this season it is in shocking condition.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

With all these games being called off, even in the footbal league, surely it's time for the FA to change their stance on 4G pitches.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I went to Argyle a fortnight ago. The dreadful Wycombe game. Their pitch is considerably worse than ours. Maybe local contractors are refusing to work with them, perceiving it to be an unacceptable risk?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

If this wind keeps up, it might just help keep the game on. Lets hope so anyway.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Updated thread title to avoid confusion.

The game is still on at the moment.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

I've heard that the game might be shifted to Wednesday to give it a better chance of being on......
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

taxilady wrote:I've heard that the game might be shifted to Wednesday to give it a better chance of being on......
Good idea.

Added in :
taxilady wrote:I've heard that the game might be shifted to Wednesday to give it a better chance of being on......
Good idea.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

yes, but still could be tomorrow.....if so, bring wellies I'd suggest....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Inspection at 6.15pm tonight. Twitter.

And http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 41162.aspx
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 08 Feb 2016, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

Pitch inspection to take place at 6.15pm on Monday ahead of FA Trophy tie...
THERE will be a pitch inspection here at The Launa Windows Stadium at 6.15pm on Monday to determine whether our FA Trophy third round clash with Macclesfield Town can go ahead on Tuesday evening as planned.

An option available to us is putting the tie back by 24 hours to Wednesday evening.

The winners of the tie face a quarter-final trip to either Sutton United or Bognor Regis Town.

Stay logged on for further updates

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... sLypiiU.99
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066