Torquay v Wrexham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:I would not worry too much on this cup match, we are better out of it unless the finances on staying say otherwise?
Thats the thing Dave, we would benefit massively from the extra £££'s if Nicho was able to spend it on the playing budget, but on the flip side of that, if its going to hinder our survival in any way (as our squad is already paper thin) i'd rather us be out of it!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

That is the age old problem of the trophy when you're either going for promotion or relegation and have a tight budget. Should we be concentrating on the league? Undoubtedly as our national league survival is more important than the trophy.

But, a win tomorrow brings in 6000, not to mention a little extra in some gate receipts. We have 15 weeks of the season left. Spread 6000 over those weeks and that's £400 per week. It could be the difference between our last loan spot being a young inexperienced kid for free, or a more experienced player we can now afford to pay the owning club some money.

I think on balance the money, however small, is probably more important as it will, potentially, help us to survive on the pitch. Also, a win means we may have some confidence going into the next round of league games,
Something this team probably lacks at the moment.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

midtable wrote:Heslop is cup tied and cannot play for Wrexham. He played for us in the replay against Chesham United.

Thats a real shame, we could have beated them at a canter if he was in their midfiled!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

There is NO pitch inspection planned ahead of today's FA Trophy tie

COYY :scarf: :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What's the tax position on prize money? Liable for Corporation Tax? Just goes down on the balance sheet and gets taxed as part of the business income?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hi Guys. having trouble getting BBC commentary live. even some of the premier league commentaries don't work. anyone get a new link or an idea how to fix the present link
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Heart sa when I saw the herald reporting that Richards was replacing gerring in defence but turns out to be classic bad reporting. Good looking lineup with Ex in midfield and Richards in the Heslop role, Verma out wide. Should be difficult to break down at the very least.

Coyy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

KR Robin
not sure how you worked out your finance. are you not forgetting we also have to survive over the summer. so you also have to allow for that. any player contracted to us beyond the seasons end won't be too happy if we say, sorry guys. we ain't got any money over the summer. can you go and get a paper round or two to help, and in addition. you seem to forget we will have tax and VAT to deduct. it won't go as far as you think. cut it in half and you might get a better picture. mind you. even £200 a week won't be sniffed at.

Added in 1 minute 56 seconds:
Gee at last. sound come to Gloucester. anyone got an idea how many are there from either teams supporters?
Last edited by Glostergull on 16 Jan 2016, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote:Hi Guys. having trouble getting BBC commentary live. even some of the premier league commentaries don't work. anyone get a new link or an idea how to fix the present link
Try again Glos. Mine is working alright now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/35205380
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

hI Gullscorer. Got it now Thanks.

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

My BBC on-line commentary has completely gone now..!!

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
Half-time 0-0.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Can't get Gulls Player to work at all. How are we doing aside from the scoreline?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

VAT will be deducted at source as it has to be paid Quarterly at least. unless the club has signed for monthly payments.

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats