Torquay v Wrexham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

YYyeeeaaaaaahhhhhh come on you gulls. Onward and upward.come on guys we gotta win this.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Goal!!!!
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Gullscorer wrote:Murumbedzi. (Is that the right spelling?)
Nope.....but who cares, were winning!!!!
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

A win, a clean sheet, and some much need prize money......lets keep this train rolling on!!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Wow we won. i can't say wrexham put out a weakened side. i reckon they thought they would win this. maybe they dint quite take it as seriously and we did. maybe we wanted to win this more than they did. but hey i don't care. we get the prize money and we get another game with a possible new pot of prize money. will help make up for a paltry crowd of only 1364. how many of them were Wrexham fans.?
Last edited by Glostergull on 16 Jan 2016, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Glostergull wrote:Wow we won. i can't say wrexham put out a weakened side. i reckon they thought they would win this. maybe they dint quite take it as seriously and we did. maybe we wanted to win this more than they did. but hey i don't care. we get the prize money and we get another game with a possible new pot of prize money. will help make up for a paltry crowd of only 1364. how many of them were Wrexham fans.?
Thats actually a bigger crowd than I thought it might be, a win today plus the new signings will hopefully see 2000+ next weekend.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Firstly that's a great win, maybe the new signings have had an impact today without even playing. I didn't go to the game, and no, it was nothing to do with the cold weather, I had decided not to go to the F.A Trophy games before the start of the season, however would have gone today if the new signings had been available, and I think many will have made the same decision.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

It's all about forward momentum and we appear to have some going into the part of the season that could make our break us. Good stuff TUFC and keep doing what you're doing Kevin Nicholson as it appears to be starting to work. Onwards and upwards.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Anyone aware of what the prize money was for today. About £7500 I guess, last round being £5000.
That means a home draw in the next round and a win would be worth probably another £20,000 if you include Prize money and Gate receipts.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Glostergull wrote: a paltry crowd of only 1364. how many of them were Wrexham fans.?

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
Gullscorer wrote:Freezing cold weather kept many away.
It wasn't THAT cold, I've know far worse.

Anyone else remember Brighton at home on New Years Day a few years ago when Brighton were fighting to stay in the league? How times change.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

MF68 wrote:Anyone aware of what the prize money was for today. About £7500 I guess, last round being £5000.
That means a home draw in the next round and a win would be worth probably another £20,000 if you include Prize money and Gate receipts.
Its £6k for winning today.