Torquay v Wrexham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

tomogull wrote:Well deserved win today and there seemed to be a great spirit in the team - everyone working for each other. I thought Wrexham were better organised/kept their shape better. We defended very well. Their no.9 - Gray I think - was a nasty niggly player. Pushing and backing into Nathan Smith from the start, but her didn't get any change from Nathan who was my man of the match. Gray also kicked out at Durrell Berry after Berry had cleared the ball, but the ref, who was abysmally dreadful, missed it. It would have been very difficult to pick the five best players.

Those who think Nicho should drop himself should think again. Whilst he feels that he is able to contribute to the team, let him select himself. He and Dan Butler have formed a good partnership on the left. Verma and Richards played well in midfield and yet somehow it was in midfield that we were being overrun at times.
But a new mid-field player is on his way.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I was there for the New Year's Day game. You are right, it was the coldest ever. I think the crowd was 1200. I'm surprised it went ahead. My enduring memory is of the slowest player EVER to represent TUFC. Talk about a camel running through treacle - he was even slower. And, yes, I DO mean Alex Watson!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

hi wivel, the crowd as i remember was around 2600 for that game, around 400 from brighton. cant ever remember a colder game.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A question for those who know these things - do the bookings we picked up on Saturday (I think there were three) count for league matches, or just for F.A. Trophy games ?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Can anyone dismiss the theory (i.e. do the Googling for me) that, save for exceptions made by the governing body in relation to 'resetting' scenarios, all booking accrued under the jurisdiction of the relevant authority (in this case, The Football Association of England and the Crown Dependencies of Jersey, Guernsey and The Isle of Man) count towards the 'totting up' process?*

Matt.

* although I do hope this is the case, it will be unfortunate, since our disciplinary record in the Champions League is impeccable.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Looks like they all get totted up

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... ssociation
DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES 2015-2016

All covered in
DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES CONCERNING FIELD OFFENCES in First Team Competitive
Matches (FTCM)
For Players and Officials of Clubs of the FA Premier League, Football League, the
National League and The FA WSL.
Note: FTCM are matches in the following competitions: FA Challenge Cup, FA Challenge Trophy,
FA Premier League, Football League, Football League Cup, Football League Trophy, the
National League and The FA WSL
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Any highlights going to be around for this?