Torquay United v Braintree Tue-8th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Alty and Halifax both losing, a point at present is looking ok!!
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Aldershot 8-2 down now at Chester, god knows what's going on there.

Added in 11 minutes 25 seconds:
Full time, I would have taken a draw before the game so I'm happy with that. If this game was played back in January we would have lost. Things have certainly improved.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Will take that point all day long!! Another clean sheet and another point to keep the heat on the sides above!!

Aldershot getting stuffed tonight though might be a bit of a bummer. The club and fans will want a reaction to that embarrassment, I just hope they dont up there game Saturday
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

3 points behind both Boreham Wood and Halifax with 2 and 1 games in hand respectively. Next 3 opponents all in bottom half. Looking good if we can keep the momentum going!
TUST Member 405
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Great result, I'd have took that before,

Am I right in saying that if Altringham lose and we win on Saturday, we are out of the relegation places for the first time since like 1066
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Stevie_RitchTea wrote:3 points behind both Boreham Wood and Halifax with 2 and 1 games in hand respectively. Next 3 opponents all in bottom half. Looking good if we can keep the momentum going!
Win the next 2 and we will almost certainly be out of the bottom 4 (barring Halifax winning on Saturday by 5 more than we win by).

Added in 2 minutes 33 seconds:
Dave_Pougher wrote:Great result, I'd have took that before,

Am I right in saying that if Altringham lose and we win on Saturday, we are out of the relegation places for the first time since like 1066

No, Halifax would need to lose also to be out on Saturday.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Didn't think Halifax were playing though aren't they playing in the FA Trophy?
Certainly makes the game against them interesting the following Tues.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Great game tonight. End to end at some points. Think it's a sign of how far we have come to hold a play off chasing side.

Blow losing Blissett so early. Another game unbeaten so onto Aldershot on Saturday.

Keep going lads!!
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Just got back and again some poor refereeing
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

For those who were there, what was the Blissett injury looking like? Any chance he will be back for Saturday or did it look serious? And what about Lavercombe - someone said he was having to get help with goal kicks?

Good result tonight - with this not being a game in hand on our direct rivals it was a chance to take a free shot. Luckily we didn't lose any ground, and actually made up ground on Alty and Halifax.

Saturday will be interesting - obviously Aldershot coming off that horrendous result, they also have the worst home record of any of the sides left to play away from Plainmoor. Perhaps there will be a reaction, but on the other hand this will be our best hope of a bonus point or 3.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Definitely a point won rather then two lost. Braintree are a well drilled organised side and you can see why they're in the top 4, thought as a unit our team defended after an erratic and panicked start, a game our team could have won one guilt edged chance missed, could have lost especially at the end, fair result.

Added in 2 minutes 3 seconds:
Jeff wrote:For those who were there, what was the Blissett injury looking like?
Not sure, a friend of mine was up in the Gulls nest at half time, and the thought up there was it may have been a hamstring, hope not, would 2-3 weeks if that's the case.
Formerly known as forevertufc
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Couldn't listen in tonight, but a good point against a side in the playoffs. Was worried that a defeat could shatter our confidence, whereas a draw is as good as a win for our self-esteem. Keep on going, boys!!!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Didn't think Halifax were playing though aren't they playing in the FA Trophy?
Certainly makes the game against them interesting the following Tues.

Ah you may be right, I didn't look at their fixtures. Apologies!
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Bliss was holding the back of his thigh when he walked off, so it looked like a hamstring injury. Dan didn't take all his goal kicks.

Danny Racchi had a very good game.

The Braintree Manager was getting quite irate. It looked like the fans on the Bristow Bench were getting fed up with his antics
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Good game McDonald and Smith outstanding again Lavercombe showed great character to stay on the pitch and make match saving saves. Richards still below par but did ok.

Kev Nicholson needs a pat on the back as this is promotion form but I know there's still some way to go to get away from relegation this season. The crowd is behind the team again. :keepie: