Torquay United v Braintree Tue-8th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Thrilled that the atmosphere of old has returned to plainmoor. A draw is a credit to where we have come. I mean who would have thought we could be out of the relegation places on Saturday. As I keep saying it's our results we need concentrate on, if others slip up its a bonus, like they did last night. The greatest escape continues, but let's not get carried away. the hard work starts now that we miraculously caught up with the pack. Big 3 games coming up, Aldershot losing 8-2, I would rather be playing them next losing to that result rather than winning it 8-2. Halifax will not enjoy travelling down on a Tuesday night and they have stupidly progressed in the FA trophy. Southport have lost 2 on the bounce. COYY
Lucy
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Good result against a side I didn't realise were in the playoffs.

I saw plenty of things to be positive on Tuesday but the biggest thing for me was that we are now competing. I don't think anyone would have been too surprised had we lost that one but it shows how organised we are now that we managed to hold out against a quite lively Braintree side.

It was the first chance for me to have a look at Harrad as well and I must say that I am impressed. Even though the ball didn't quite fall for him or his legs didn't quite get him where he needed to be, he made what I thought were intelligent and positive choices with his runs and lay offs.

I think we will be alright if we keep this performance level up for the rest of the season.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.