Cheltenham Town v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tomogull wrote: I'm going to do a Wivel here - Brucie is absolutely right. We've got another game in four days time so it was the right decision to rest Wright and Marsh. Just unfortunate that we have no other attacking options.
We had Fisher but we let him walk before having a decent replacement in situ!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Am I right in thinking both Wright and Verma's loans are up on Jan 2nd? Anyone got any inside info on how likely they are to be made permanent or extended?
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

We played our best team today and stifled Cheltenham pretty much. Richards could be a big miss on Friday.
As an aside, how come Hancox is on the bench in front of Sam Chaney?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:The last five seasons have seen teams escaping relegation with points from 45-54, extrapolate current form since 3rd October when KN started to influence results, we get around 15pts out the final games. I recon form needs to improve by 50%, but if we do think the FG game was a consistent upturn in form, then we have a real chance, I personally think the FG and Braintree games are the two most important games this season.
Certainly the games in January are going to be an indication of whether or not we have the determination to survive this season. Dave - you will know from your playing days how football has an uncanny way of throwing up vital matches in all divisions. I look at our final game of the season - home to Guiseley. Guiseley are falling like a stone (even with Hurst playing for them). What are the chances that we will have to beat Guiseley to stay up ??

Re Danny with the drum - I repeat what I posted after the FGR match. He should be allowed in free of charge, or at half price at most, because his drumming gets the fans going which is so important to our survival. Well done, Danny - brilliant. :clap:

Oops ! correction - last game of the season is Guiseley ..... AWAY !!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Modgull wrote:
Well done all who went. Overall the crowd was 3,700 (3,300 home) which is cr*p for a Club who are top by a country mile on a bank holiday. If it had been the other way round we would have had well over 4,000.

Tough result - still, even if we lose against FGR it will still be 3 points more than I thought we'd get over the holiday period. Upwards and onwards but big shame about Richards!
Great support as usual 'BUT' it was disappointing to see and hear the action's of a few following the removal of a fan who repeatedly ignored the stewards instructions, also the childish expletive chants using the c word towards the ref, who lets be honest nobody cares to hear.
Other than that it was AMAZING support.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

tomogull wrote: Certainly the games in January are going to be an indication of whether or not we have the determination to survive this season. Dave - you will know from your playing days how football has an uncanny way of throwing up vital matches in all divisions. I look at our final game of the season - home to Guiseley. Guiseley are falling like a stone (even with Hurst playing for them). What are the chances that we will have to beat Guiseley to stay up ??

Re Danny with the drum - I repeat what I posted after the FGR match. He should be allowed in free of charge, or at half price at most, because his drumming gets the fans going which is so important to our survival. Well done, Danny - brilliant.
:clap:

Thanks for the kind words.

Sadly I don't think I can take the time off work for the game on Friday, someone else will have to takeover for that one.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Part of what I do now is football consultancy, a club I recently worked with lost 55% of their goals in a 10 minute period after halftime, the same team only lost 9% of their goals in the last 10 Minutes of a game. What I do with the help of sports scientists is work out if this is chance, or is there something more fundamentally affecting the stats in terms of cause and effect. During the last TUFC fixtures, nutrition, psychology, physiology, strategy, tactics and decision making will all come into play, its a lot to get right for us to survive. :keepie:

tomogull wrote: Certainly the games in January are going to be an indication of whether or not we have the determination to survive this season. Dave - you will know from your playing days how football has an uncanny way of throwing up vital matches in all divisions. I look at our final game of the season - home to Guiseley. Guiseley are falling like a stone (even with Hurst playing for them). What are the chances that we will have to beat Guiseley to stay up ??

Re Danny with the drum - I repeat what I posted after the FGR match. He should be allowed in free of charge, or at half price at most, because his drumming gets the fans going which is so important to our survival. Well done, Danny - brilliant. :clap:

drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Very pleased with our performance yesterday. If you had put a neutral observer in that stadium and asked them where in the league both teams were there is no way they would have said top and bottom. Neither FGR or Cheltenham looked anything special at all. This league is clearly full of very similar teams in terms of ability, some are just better managed and have a couple of exceptional players like Frear for FGR.

After the Chester result I thought we were down. I now think that if we can continue to build on these two performances and get in a couple of quality additions in on the wing and up front we will be fine by the end of the season.

Fans were amazing in both games and made me feel proud to be a gull again.

COYY
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

[/quote] Thanks for the kind words.

Sadly I don't think I can take the time off work for the game on Friday, someone else will have to takeover for that one.[/quote]

If you can't make it Danny let me know. I'll be at FGR. Seemed to do alright at Chester.

Also mate. Absolutely brilliant drumming yesterday. Crowd got right behind the team. Doubt many fans if in our position would bring 400+ fans and make such a racket.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Fantasia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Fantasia »

Brilliant support at both Chester and Cheltenham and a drummer certainly makes a difference. . . hope you can arrange between you to cover all our remaining games!
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Its difficult to "drum" up good support "boom "boom"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I'm not sure i can come yet either. depends on whether Kernow is going or not. but if your stuck for a drummer. I do play the drugs and can deputise if neck. its a different style of drumming to a rock band but i can at least hold the beat
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:Its difficult to "drum" up good support "boom "boom"

:red: Don't forget your coat on the way out.. :)
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Anyone play a snare drum? I remember Aldershot down here a few years ago with two drums which sounded incredible!

Fair play Danny keep it up!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Glostergull wrote: if your stuck for a drummer. I do play the drugs .....
Ho, hum, Glostergull - a freudian slip? :)