Torquay United v Chesham F.A.T- (Replay-TUE 15TH 7.45)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

lucy6lucy wrote: I just can't understand why the the club have not clarified the HE report, that's my frustration.
To be fair, I fully agree, they should have clarified the situation regarding a reply, being honest I had little interest in this game so didn't bother looking at any info prior to the game anyway.
Formerly known as forevertufc
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

This from the Herald Express web page:

"Competition rules allow for both options, but if the scores are level at 90 minutes the tie will be decided today, via extra-time and penalties if necessary, rather than a replay."

Bull sh*t!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

BayGull wrote:This from the Herald Express web page:

"Competition rules allow for both options, but if the scores are level at 90 minutes the tie will be decided today, via extra-time and penalties if necessary, rather than a replay."

Bull sh*t!!

No comment. Just glad others where aware.
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

1 game undefeated, result!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well the first half has to go down as the worst 45 minutes we have endured this season. Absolutely shocking. It was truly like watching park football.

In the second half Shepherd Murombedzi came on and finally we showed a little bit of attacking quality. However the reality was that 3 times we should have scored but a combination of last ditch defending, some bad luck but mainly a failure to be clinical with the finish resulted in a 0-0 draw.

Dan Lavercombe made a great one handed save at the end to ensure we at least got a replay.

Chesham had 43 year old striker Barry Hayles playing and set up to make it difficult for United. In Ryan Blake (No 9) they had a striker who was electric and his pace was a constant threat.

Nicholson despite all his years experience simply does not have a clue how to manage. A good Manager would get a lot more out of this team because we have a nucleus of decent players but Nicholson just does not understand how to set up the team. During each match there is virtually no communication

between the players. Angus is Captain in name only. The Chesham No 5 was constantly shouting to the team and giving instructions.

The only player who looked like he might score was Shepherd. Finch got a good reception but did not make any impact.

I reluctantly agree with another poster that Nicholson is arrogant in playing and not therefore managing.

Unless we bite the bullet and get an experienced manager in double quick we are going down for certain . It hurts me to say this but if you had witnessed the performance today you would be left in no doubt.
Chesh_Fan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chesh_Fan »

Et and penalties was never discussed as far as I know, it would always have been a replay
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

I agree with Dave and Lucy ,maybe we should ask paul Sturrock to come is a consultant adviser for the remainder of the season his knowledge and experience must help Kevin and the board who lets be frank are complete novices !!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

There were a few positives to come out of todays game.

1 Dan Lavercombe looked a very good keeper and it's a shame he is not on a two year contract.
2 Verma did well in mid-field added a bit extra to what we've had especially in the air.
3 We did not let a goal in from a corner.

The negatives.
1. We need cover at centre half.
2. What are we doing bringing on a player after only two reserve games, when Fisher one of our top scorers is on the bench and he has pace.
3. If Kevin plays Briscoe he needs to be off the main striker, as he puts his crosses in to early when playing wide and the ball goes forward at the wrong angle for the strikers, Murumbedzi can get to the by line with his pace and pull the ball back for the strikers to run onto Marsh needs this kind of service.
I watched the Reserve game on Wednesday against Cullompton and was surprised at todays selection.
4. A better side would have beaten us today as there was no tracking back on the right side and we were a bit open at times.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Arcadia, I thought Dan was the only current player to be contracted beyond next summer?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Bloggy wrote:Arcadia, I thought Dan was the only current player to be contracted beyond next summer?

I hope your right I thought he was only on a one year.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Someone on here will know...
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

moneylife wrote:listening to the game only. but it sounds terrible tbh. have we even had a shot on target?
Hang on a minute...

Aren't you the one who's always banging on about the club reducing the prices? You'd love to go every week like you used to but it is just too expensive these days? Attendances would double if they cut the price as you know hundreds of people who don't go solely because they can no longer afford it?

They have slashed the prices for this match and you stayed at home and listened on the radio =D
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

For what it's worth, I took the kids to the Princess Theatre this afternoon to watch the panto.........it's a bit like watching United but better value for money and I left feeling entertained. My kids enjoyed it and I promised to take them again...........on second thoughts, it's nothing like watching United......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

According to the Herald Express, Smith didn't play today because he wasn't registered for the competition. Pathetic and another example of what a complete shambles our club is at present.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Guildford Gull wrote:According to the Herald Express, Smith didn't play today because he wasn't registered for the competition. Pathetic and another example of what a complete shambles our club is at present.

What a joke! If thats right.

Just read that a loan player must have written consent from his club to play in the competition by last Friday. He would have been registered but perhaps the written consent was not registered in time.