Torquay United v Chesham F.A.T- (Replay-TUE 15TH 7.45)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

I have not seen any positive outcomes with negative thoughts, its a challenge sometimes but if we can all get on a positive journey I am sure things will improve, negativity can drag everyone down! But great to see your made it to the positive squad now :lol: :goodpost:
standupsitdown wrote:Apologies for my negative comment yesterday. Hopefully tonight's win will boost confidence and be a turning point in fortunes.

Added in 2 seconds:
Apologies for my negative comment yesterday. Hopefully tonight's win will boost confidence and be a turning point in fortunes.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

standupsitdown wrote:Apologies for my negative comment yesterday. Hopefully tonight's win will boost confidence and be a turning point in fortunes.

Added in 2 seconds:
Apologies for my negative comment yesterday. Hopefully tonight's win will boost confidence and be a turning point in fortunes.
I think it's been very hard to take this season perhaps if we all get behind the team we could see an improvement.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

David I think it is fair to say that despite appalling results at Home the fans have got behind the team, and been very patient.

On Sunday I accept there were a few boos and shouts of "rubbish" as the players left the pitch but the vast majority either clapped, admittedly half-heartedly,or just stood and said nothing.

Considering our Home record I think the fans have been very loyal and our average home gate is the envy of many other clubs in the National League.

Clearly this Forum has been the outlet for a lot of negative comments but I think you have to accept that it is inevitable that fans become frustrated at some of the awful football served up by full time professionals.

All I can say is that the vast majority of us fully understand that venting our anger on the players and the Manager is counter productive.
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

I just hope we kick on from here we have to keep our faith and keep supporting and encouraging the players and manager onwards and upwards COYY
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Only just realised we played tonight.....I'm finding the break from worrying about TUFC is becoming easier and easier.

An extended absence over Xmas will be more medicine.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

I fully sympathise with you in terms of the situation, I was very fortunate to have seen the other side of the tremendous support the Torquay fans gave when I played, I also see what can be achieved when you believe. What I have found over the years is momentum can carry you forward and if everyone at least till the end of the season stays positive and supports the club during a really difficult period we may be able to get out of this, the alternative is we all walk away and let the club die on its feet.

Over the years I have provide many words of wisdom based on my time in the game, but people with less knowledge and experience than me made decisions that has brought the club to its knees, watching this over the years was very frustrating and I know where you guys as supporters are, I know from my time in Torquay last month that things are going to take time to get better, I see the alternative as a poor choice and will stay positive and support the club in anyway.

Its still gong to be a journey of ups and downs and may come down to the wire, reality is we need to put our trust in the people who can effect change, as a player I only accepted defeat when the final whistle blew, Kevin is driving the bus and only he can get us to the destination, lets give him a chance to prove his worth, I have only met him recently, he is inexperienced, but not naïve and is on his own managerial journey and needs all the support he can get during this difficult time.
portugull wrote:David I think it is fair to say that despite appalling results at Home the fans have got behind the team, and been very patient.

On Sunday I accept there were a few boos and shouts of "rubbish" as the players left the pitch but the vast majority either clapped, admittedly half-heartedly,or just stood and said nothing.

Considering our Home record I think the fans have been very loyal and our average home gate is the envy of many other clubs in the National League.

Clearly this Forum has been the outlet for a lot of negative comments but I think you have to accept that it is inevitable that fans become frustrated at some of the awful football served up by full time professionals.

All I can say is that the vast majority of us fully understand that venting our anger on the players and the Manager is counter productive.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Well done to Kevin and the boys on getting a result last night. We were down to the bare bones with a number of players having to adapt to different roles and under tremendous pressure to get a win.
I was in Torbay at the weekend and saw the home game. Chesham were a bit agricultural in their approach to say the least and had two nippy front players who went to ground rather too easily. Fortunately they hadn't perfected the art of diving terribly well and the referee wasn't fooled. It was a hard game for our lads but no doubt good experience and winning the replay will have brought a feel good factor back into the camp especially as we had to overcome so much adversity to put out a side.
Well done lads.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

:goodpost: :clap:
Jack wrote:Well done to Kevin and the boys on getting a result last night. We were down to the bare bones with a number of players having to adapt to different roles and under tremendous pressure to get a win.
I was in Torbay at the weekend and saw the home game. Chesham were a bit agricultural in their approach to say the least and had two nippy front players who went to ground rather too easily. Fortunately they hadn't perfected the art of diving terribly well and the referee wasn't fooled. It was a hard game for our lads but no doubt good experience and winning the replay will have brought a feel good factor back into the camp especially as we had to overcome so much adversity to put out a side.
Well done lads.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

The problem with this 'journey' though is that its been non stop downs for 4 years solid. I cant think of many other sets of fans who have had its so bad consistently for so long! Its no wonder patience is wearing thin. Obviously the current manager and players will bear the brunt of some of that frustration even though the seeds of our discontent were sown by people from previous regimes.
The fans just need something good to hang onto!
Tust member 191
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hereford, Stockport, Chester, Halifax, Boston, Scarborough to name a few.

We've had this coming and some people saw it way back when Ling had his budget slashed and didn't get anything from player sales. The right kind of investment way back then would have prevented the club going into a downward spiral.

Where we are now is most critical, a bit of luck is needed to keep us up and then things should improve from next season. The board have done the best they can, mistakes have been made but they paid their money so why should we criticise? I'm trying to stay positive while realising our position is precarious at best.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Hereford, Stockport, Chester, Halifax, Boston, Scarborough to name a few.

We've had this coming and some people saw it way back when Ling had his budget slashed and didn't get anything from player sales. The right kind of investment way back then would have prevented the club going into a downward spiral.

Where we are now is most critical, a bit of luck is needed to keep us up and then things should improve from next season. The board have done the best they can, mistakes have been made but they paid their money so why should we criticise? I'm trying to stay positive while realising our position is precarious at best.
We need a striker in January. The rest of the squad will have to crack on. Our fixtures in February and March are all winnable. Stay up this season we can compete next season.
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hereford, Stockport, Chester, Halifax, Boston, Scarborough to name a few.

Eh. yer an ugly bugger but i love yer when you get on yer positive mode lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Jerry wrote: Hang on a minute...

Aren't you the one who's always banging on about the club reducing the prices? You'd love to go every week like you used to but it is just too expensive these days? Attendances would double if they cut the price as you know hundreds of people who don't go solely because they can no longer afford it?

They have slashed the prices for this match and you stayed at home and listened on the radio =D

Yeah I had to be at work at 5pm you fkin douche...

... and by the way this club is a joke now and I wouldnt pay 50p to go watch
:engflag: :lol: :engflag: