Torquay v Lincoln

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: the 12th man

Post by RichyMills »

brucie wrote:Are you seriously suggesting Nicholson isn't doing badly? we are losing every game.
his early run of games - a win and some draws - looked pretty decent. they looked hard to beat but the last 3 have been poor, yes
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I can't believe that I have only attended only one match this season. Its not really about loyalty - there is only so much you can take, which is presumably why you didn't go today. Just cannot face the drive back after getting beaten everytime. Just too depressing.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote:I can't believe that I have only attended only one match this season. Its not really about loyalty - there is only so much you can take, which is presumably why you didn't go today. Just cannot face the drive back after getting beaten everytime. Just too depressing.
I understand that. There is only so much that fans can take. To see Torquay so utterly inept and uncompetitive in a league like this is soul destroying.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

RichyMills wrote: his early run of games - a win and some draws - looked pretty decent. they looked hard to beat but the last 3 have been poor, yes
People have short memories. We have happened upon this slump worryingly quickly after the promising start to Nicho's reign. We seemed to lose the momentum, with the pressure of an expected win against a lower team in the cup and games postponed its all gone a bit tits up. :(
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Exactly - that's hit the nail on the head. Its soul destroying, I just cannot accept that with the crowds we get we should be this uncompetitive.

But have a look at our Back 5

Lavercombe - inexperienced rookie with no goal keeping coach. he is being let down.

Berry - good enough at this level.

Macdonald - Conference South standard

Gerring - seen him play a few times. He is about Western League Standard

Nicholson - nowhere near good enough at this level anymore.

That's why we cannot win games........
RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RichyMills »

PhilGull wrote: People have short memories. We have happened upon this slump worryingly quickly after the promising start to Nicho's reign. We seemed to lose the momentum, with the pressure of an expected win against a lower team in the cup and games postponed its all gone a bit tits up. :(
in Torquay's favour is there are a few poor teams in the league. A short slump doesn't mean they'll be out of touch with safety but they are going to have to string a few wins together
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

PhilGull wrote: People have short memories. We have happened upon this slump worryingly quickly after the promising start to Nicho's reign. We seemed to lose the momentum, with the pressure of an expected win against a lower team in the cup and games postponed its all gone a bit tits up. :(

With respect, this is more than a bit tits up, it is a disaster. We are getting thrashed, we have won ONCE under Nico, we are falling apart now.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Philgull - don't be ridiculous. Nicholson is in denial. One win in ten or eleven games. Keeps playing himself when he isn't good enough. We are going down unless he is removed, pretty damned quickly.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Exactly - that's hit the nail on the head. Its soul destroying, I just cannot accept that with the crowds we get we should be this uncompetitive.

But have a look at our Back 5

Lavercombe - inexperienced rookie with no goal keeping coach. he is being let down.

Berry - good enough at this level.

Macdonald - Conference South standard

Gerring - seen him play a few times. He is about Western League Standard

Nicholson - nowhere near good enough at this level anymore.

That's why we cannot win games........
Harsh on MacDonald but otherwise, I agree with Brucie! :(
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MF68 wrote:how many was it ?
Att 1752
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RichyMills »

1752 fans - that's not good after so long without a home game and after pushing to get foks along with the kids tickets thing. Weather's okay too.

I know the chairman hasn't mentioned the need for 1800 average gates for a while (keeping quiet in case the league notice and ask what's going on?) but it must still be the case. Wheer are the fans?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

RichyMills wrote:1752 fans - that's not good after so long without a home game and after pushing to get foks along with the kids tickets thing. Weather's okay too.

I know the chairman hasn't mentioned the need for 1800 average gates for a while (keeping quiet in case the league notice and ask what's going on?) but it must still be the case. Wheer are the fans?
You are having a laugh surely.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Rich - They are at home saving £16/18 rather than be ripped off. If Nicho is going to get sacked the board MUST get advice from a football person.
No lazy, local appointments. And there is a difference between cheap and rookie !!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

RichyMills wrote:1752 fans - that's not good after so long without a home game and after pushing to get foks along with the kids tickets thing. Weather's okay too.

i think thats a fantastic crowd given all the crap we've been throught recently, thought there'd have been under 1000 in the home sections! well done to all who went along today
still keeping the faith
RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RichyMills »

brucie wrote:Philgull - don't be ridiculous. Nicholson is in denial. One win in ten or eleven games. Keeps playing himself when he isn't good enough. We are going down unless he is removed, pretty damned quickly.
but who takes over? I'm not defending Nicho but changing manager doesn't necessarily mean an upturn in results (although Southport and Halifax have both won today) and with no money can they afford to change?

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:
gullintwoplaces wrote: You are having a laugh surely.
well, if the message a few months ago about needing the gates to stay afloat was correct then isn't there a risk of going under as well as relegation?