Barrow v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't disagree with everything said by Arcadia. However, there's a big difference between Butland and Lavercombe, for a start Butland was 10 times more advanced as a keeper than Lavercombe at the same point, and if Arcadia wants disagree, fine, it's his right, but he can add that to his deluded list.

The other big difference is, Butland was loaned to Cheltenham, when they had a very good squad, were challenging for promotion to League 1, the whole club was on a positive upwards trend and environment , something young players need to thrive in, I wouldn't say the environment around TUFC was negative, I would say it's darn right poisonous.

I'm sure anyone who's done youth module coaching courses as I have, will tell you, it drummed into you from the start, create a positive environment for young players and that incudes up to U21 and 'let the game be the teacher' so of course young players have to play, and you have to let make mistakes, but that is only a very small part of the learning and development process.

A young player at any level will learn sod all by simply playing and making mistakes, it has to be backed up with technical, physiological and lifestyle coaching, it may have escaped our notice, but we don't even have a goalkeeper coach.

Lavercombe is being played for the same reason Ives was last year, I gave out the same warnings and was sadly proven right, to young, to soon in the wrong environment , it destroyed Ives, it will Lavercombe, that's why I'm personally desperate for Dan to be signed up and taken away from our club.

Lavercombe is being played for two reasons, the main one, in the hope of selling him, and in part to appease fans, arcadia can disagree, so add that to his deluded list as well, a quite frankly diabolical miss-use of a very talented young player.

B.T.W, I agree with brucie ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:I don't disagree with everything said by Arcadia. However, there's a big difference between Butland and Lavercombe, for a start Butland was 10 times more advanced as a keeper than Lavercombe at the same point, and if Arcadia wants disagree, fine, it's his right, but he can add that to his deluded list.

The other big difference is, Butland was loaned to Cheltenham, when they had a very good squad, were challenging for promotion to League 1, the whole club was on a positive upwards trend and environment , something young players need to thrive in, I wouldn't say the environment around TUFC was negative, I would say it's darn right poisonous.

I'm sure anyone who's done youth module coaching courses as I have, will tell you, it drummed into you from the start, create a positive environment for young players and that incudes up to U21 and 'let the game be the teacher' so of course young players have to play, and you have to let make mistakes, but that is only a very small part of the learning and development process.

A young player at any level will learn sod all by simply playing and making mistakes, it has to be backed up with technical, physiological and lifestyle coaching, it may have escaped our notice, but we don't even have a goalkeeper coach.

Lavercombe is being played for the same reason Ives was last year, I gave out the same warnings and was sadly proven right, to young, to soon in the wrong environment , it destroyed Ives, it will Lavercombe, that's why I'm personally desperate for Dan to be signed up and taken away from our club.

Lavercombe is being played for two reasons, the main one, in the hope of selling him, and in part to appease fans, arcadia can disagree, so add that to his deluded list as well, a quite frankly diabolical miss-use of a very talented young player.

B.T.W, I agree with brucie ;-)
I know a little more about Butland than you as he played at Clevedon where I come from and he trained with people I know. Dan is in about the same stage as him but Dan needs to take control of situations corners, freekicks and penalties I would love to help him with this.
Dave these are guidelines not to be adhered to in every single case, it's decision making to know when to play youngsters but in Torquay's situation they've no choice they've got to play him and Dan has got to grab his chance as not many get it. Nicho has said that he is a calm lad and he can handle it and he is in the best situation to decide this.
Just read about Bolton I hope they don't let him go for peanuts as you don't take any first offer if there is another club interested.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote: Just read about Bolton I hope they don't let him go for peanuts as you don't take any first offer if there is another club interested.
Our club may not have any choice in that, if we're still governed by EPPP rules, and I can't say that we are, I believe it's £12,500 per every season he was with us, that being the case Dan was not with for that long, so we're looking at around £40k.

Helpful but not life changing for the club.

Just to add, Dan Lavercombe did not come through our academy he joined our club as a scholar, so I think we're looking at 3.5 seasons, Mav could help us on that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote: Our club may not have any choice in that, if we're still governed by EPPP rules, and I can't say that we are, I believe it's £12,500 per every season he was with us, that being the case Dan was not with for that long, so we're looking at around £40k.

Helpful but not life changing for the club.

Just to add, Dan Lavercombe did not come through our academy he joined our club as a scholar, so I think we're looking at 3.5 seasons, Mav could help us on that.

I was hoping it might be £100,000 I expect Bolton know what they are doing if they do want him.