Barrow v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote: Apparently it's part of Nicho's physiological team building. After taking his young squad to the butchers (one player clearly spoke out of turn while they were there) to teach them how to buy 2 ILB's of best mince, he took them back to his place where they all made Krabby Patties, they then had an in depth discussion on wally and dollies performance on the x-factor , over in nice mug of hot chocolate (anything to keep them out of the night clubs) where Butler kicked off because he wanted to watch strictly come tw*t, and had a fight with Marsh over the T.V controls.

Hurst is suing for constructive dismissal after he wasn't invited ( some will say good riddance, and he didn't deserve an invite anyway) next weeks lesson is on how the vacuum with a pinny on, washing up is in week three.

Added in 6 minutes 18 seconds:
Meanwhile I just turned on the horror channel and found this...
Look at the squad numbers for that game! Just 3 which were 1-11. Tells a story about injuries and poor judgement (from Cox I must add) in my eyes.

Added in 9 minutes 5 seconds:
forevertufc wrote: Meanwhile I just turned on the horror channel and found this...
I got to two and gave up!

I was not there but I have to wonder why Butler wondered off leaving Nicho one on one for the cross causing the first and why MacDonald is not within five yards of the strike when the cross comes in (and also the fact the winger must have stunk as Nicho did not want to get close to him!).

Second goal - I can only assume the midfield went off for an early slice of an orange as they were no where to be seen!

Third goal - saw Berry being a **** and closed the window through utter frustration!

Fourth? let's go for worldy which was through no fault of our players so I have a chance of sleeping at some point after this video!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

stefano wrote: Although various models of Hoover have the control buttons in different places.

This is much better than discussing our performances! ;-)
The link is that both products suck.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
sevilla66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by sevilla66 »

I expressed my grave reservations about Nicholson's appointment as manager at the time and specifically stated that I hoped that his notice period was no longer than one month. However, we are where we are and the clock cannot be turned back. Like it or not I will continue to give my full support to the team and hope that yesterday's extremely poor performance will not be repeated. Nevertheless, if there is no discernible positive improvement which is evidenced in terms of points gained in the next three matches, then it will be absolutely necessary for the Board to take action and remove the present management team. All is not yet lost and if a change has to be made, by hook or by crook the money will have to be found to get someone in who has the experience and contacts to save our proud but seemingly impecunious club from falling through the relegation trapdoor

Added in 4 seconds:
I expressed my grave reservations about Nicholson's appointment as manager at the time and specifically stated that I hoped that his notice period was no longer than one month. However, we are where we are and the clock cannot be turned back. Like it or not I will continue to give my full support to the team and hope that yesterday's extremely poor performance will not be repeated. Nevertheless, if there is no discernible positive improvement which is evidenced in terms of points gained in the next three matches, then it will be absolutely necessary for the Board to take action and remove the present management team. All is not yet lost and if a change has to be made, by hook or by crook the money will have to be found to get someone in who has the experience and contacts to save our proud but seemingly impecunious club from falling through the relegation trapdoor
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

So, turns out that Lavercombe ain't that great and that Nicholson will still be targeted as a defensive weak link.

In other news, our squad look like they've given up the ghost. Can't see a way out. Doomed.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Careful, there are very close personal friends of the Lavercombe family on this forum, who amazingly don't go to the games but never less will be upset by your post.

This post will need to be twice as long as it should be, because we just can't post an honest opinion anymore. I have never denied Lavercombe's potential, I don't not favour Spiess over Lavercombe.

Watching that Barrow video there is no doubt to be fair to Lavercombe he is left hopelessly exposed by some rank awful defending and can't really be blamed , also to be fair had Spiess been in goal social media would have be awash with posts from fans demanding Spiess be dropped of the back of that, that's just a fact of life in football at all clubs, fans have their favourites (that really isn't anti-Lavercombe, pro Spiess, just the truth)

I've said all along Lavercombe isn't ready for first team football, that video goes some way to prove it, whilst the 4 goals aren't his fault, that lie's in front of him, Lavercombe is the last line defence, and there some question marks over some of those goals, not all them ( again not anti-Lavercombe) I've said for a long, long time now, Lavercombe needs a move to a bigger club for development football, so he will be exposed to the very best coaching and brought through at the right pace and environment ( because I'm pro Lavercombe and want him to succeed)

I really hope Lavercombe does well at Bolton and they sign him up, Nicholson is beginning to fall into the same trap Hargreaves did, results are not going for him, so try and please the fans, if Lavercombe continues to play under this environment his career will be destroyed before it begins, as I've said all along (because I'm pro Lavercombe)

Play Lavercombe for all the right reasons, and as I feared we're not, lets hope we defend better Saturday, with Lincolns front players, I fear a real pasting if we don't, might be time for you to feign injury Dan ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: You would have to be a supreme optimist to be clutching at such a straw as Woking being in freefall to save us from relegation.

Woking have got 5 points from the last 10 games. Not good I admit!

Torquay have got 6 points from the last 10 games. Must be in freefall too then! Although I suppose we have not been anywhere we can fall from!

Woking are 9 points ahead of us from the same number of games so if we manage to make up 1 point on them every 10 games we need to play 110 games this season to catch them up. There are problems with that. The National League won't allow it; the Plainmoor pitch would not stand up to it; and if we did manage to catch them up our defence is so utterly rubbish they would still be above us on goal difference! ;-)
Ah - but I based my calculation on the last FIVE games. From the last five games, Woking have got 2 points - we have got 6 points. Therefore, with 25/26 games to go, when we pick up 4 points more than Woking in every five games, we will have 20 points (5 x 4) more than them, thus easily overhauling the 9 point lead they have on us at present. See? ANYTHING can be proved by statistics. ;-)

But seriously - I picked on Woking 'cos they seem to be in some sort of trouble. They recently announced that all of their players were available for loan. Some on here might say 'what a good idea' ! We've been around for a good many seasons (or should that be bad many seasons ??) and we know that this is as bad as the Webb and Roberts times. I'm just clutching at any straws that might be passing by and Woking is one of them.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Careful, there are very close personal friends of the Lavercombe family on this forum, who amazingly don't go to the games but never less will be upset by your post.

This post will need to be twice as long as it should be, because we just can't post an honest opinion anymore. I have never denied Lavercombe's potential, I don't not favour Spiess over Lavercombe.

Watching that Barrow video there is no doubt to be fair to Lavercombe he is left hopelessly exposed by some rank awful defending and can't really be blamed , also to be fair had Spiess been in goal social media would have be awash with posts from fans demanding Spiess be dropped of the back of that, that's just a fact of life in football at all clubs, fans have their favourites (that really isn't anti-Lavercombe, pro Spiess, just the truth)

I've said all along Lavercombe isn't ready for first team football, that video goes some way to prove it, whilst the 4 goals aren't his fault, that lie's in front of him, Lavercombe is the last line defence, and there some question marks over some of those goals, not all them ( again not anti-Lavercombe) I've said for a long, long time now, Lavercombe needs a move to a bigger club for development football, so he will be exposed to the very best coaching and brought through at the right pace and environment ( because I'm pro Lavercombe and want him to succeed)

I really hope Lavercombe does well at Bolton and they sign him up, Nicholson is beginning to fall into the same trap Hargreaves did, results are not going for him, so try and please the fans, if Lavercombe continues to play under this environment his career will be destroyed before it begins, as I've said all along (because I'm pro Lavercombe)

Play Lavercombe for all the right reasons, and as I feared we're not, lets hope we defend better Saturday, with Lincolns front players, I fear a real pasting if we don't, might be time for you to feign injury Dan ;-)
Stick to the day job Matt your talking rubbish. :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

My names Dave. Lead boots and lettuce wrists, I'll say no more before I'm accused of having an agenda.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
quantumleaper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by quantumleaper »

The more young Mr Lavercombe lets in the more he'll learn. He could do with a defender or two in front of him who know what they're doing. All Woking's players available on loan? Including Brian Saah?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The more he lets in the more damage it will do to his confidence. Forever is on the money as usual.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

The huge mistake Paul Cox made was to bring in another promising young 'keeper instead of an experienced head who would have helped young Dan. We now have two 'keepers who are still learning the game but with little or no goalkeeper coaching. Spiess and Lavercombe are on a par in my view.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It wasn't the only mistake Paul Cox made in my view. Both keepers have at least some long term promise . There are three other signings who unfortunately have shown very little at all, and now with Hurst, we are carrying them all. While people on both sites are marinating people who played on Saturday there are those who did not, who weren't in the team for good reason. Nicholson is currently being caned ( and he wasn't my choice for Manager either ) but his hand of cards, financially restricted as it is, has been a really a poor one.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whilst not helped by some rank bad defending Lavercombe is in some way culpable for the third and fourth goals. The third is a point blank shot but its a very weak one which he palms straight up in the air, loses his balance and then falls over

The fourth is another fairly weak shot which he should have been expected to get something on.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Lavercombe has been played for the right reasons he's the best keeper in the club he was not at fault for the goals on Saturday and yes he's lucky to get a chance at his age to get regular first team football as Jack Butland was when on loan at Cheltenham three years ago. Jack Butland was given the chance at an early age not many are. Years ago keepers were given chances at an early age but managers are under so much pressure that it does not happen that often. Players who cannot stand the pressure will not make it, but players that can come through that stage will, as it's different playing with a crowd than with a handful watching.
There are a lot of keepers in the southwest which have the potential but will never have the chance that Dan is getting and he is good enough to get the chance.
It's not Dan's fault that managers in this club have not brought in an experienced keeper to work alongside him but do you really think a keeper is the answer to our problems. I was speaking to a coach at a southwest pro- club this week and he said the've got good young keepers but can't ever see them being given a chance. This is why in this country there is not many established English keepers as managers want the finished product.
I must say this that you can make bad judgement's watching video's of games that you have not watched.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If you don't think he was at fault for ANY of the goals on Saturday, you're deluded!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com