Barrow v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I liken Torquay to an old trusted family dog that you know is suffering but you keep giving him the medicine but know that you are doing him no favors,you know what the answer is but you just can't bere to do it,but the time has come to put him down,its the kindest thing to do.Just put the key in the door,pay everybody off and live with the memories of the good times,this is just not acceptable and there will be no improvement unless someone wins the loto and is daft enough to give ten million to the club.I am devastated to write this but enough is enough.I admire all the positive posts and good luck to you , I just wish all your hopes and dreams come true but I am not holding my breath.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

CP Gull wrote:So much I want to say about what is wrong with this football club of ours, but like a lot of people on here I guess, I just cannot be bothered any more. So sad, that unfortunately the proper fans that felt they had "saved our football club" may just have killed it through poor decision making and a lack of REAL investment - are we really any better under Nicholson/Herrera than we were under Hargreaves/Hodges .... I don't think so! The best thing that could happen now, assuming that there isn't another "sugar daddy" out there .... Is to hand the football club over to TUST to see if they can do any better - unfortunately the current ( broken) model isn't working - not helped,I must admit, by the fact that HALF of the original members who signed up to join the new consortium have since left and to be fair an awful lot of bad luck ...BUT you have to ask yourself the question why have all these people left ? Either way,it needs a new impetus, new investment ... Otherwise we WILL be in National League South next year!!!!
I agree with this.

The new owners came in, all trigger happy, costing the club money while they sacked everyone in sight and for what?

For much of this season we have been paying a manager and his assistant to tidy their garden, whilst ending up with someone even less experienced and with even less contacts, partly because he was all we could afford and why? Because we had sacked the previous manager and for a while we were paying him and then had to pay him off.

I do not see how it could have been any worse had they stuck with Hargreaves, simply to see out his contract. As pointed out above, whilst the new owners were self-proclaimed saviours of the club, telling anyone who would listen how they had saved the club - what they have subsequently presided over, appears to be have been as cock-handed as what went on before.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

nickbrod wrote:A butcher I use in St Marychurch tells me that "a TUFC player" who uses the same shop says "most of his team mates are there for a jolly". That's what happens when you scrape the barrel for talent. Days like today would seem to confirm this.
£16 a match (£40ish including travel food drinks) + £20 a month for the player fund,
Can we name and shame this player?!
This is one of the most insulting things I've heard from a Torquay united players point of view ever (if true)
To the dotted line, We're on our way
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

DJ Gull wrote: £16 a match (£40ish including travel food drinks) + £20 a month for the player fund,
Can we name and shame this player?!
This is one of the most insulting things I've heard from a Torquay united players point of view ever (if true)
What are you saying you want the Butcher to carve him up! :~D :) :-D
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

arcadia wrote: What are you saying you want the Butcher to carve him up! :~D :) :-D
It's reassuring to know that a player uses his local Butchers instead of visiting Tesco or Sainsburys. If what you are saying is true, then Kevin Nicholson needs to route out those players and replace them with ones with a more professional attitude.

If the player was saying that, then it is sign that he personally is annoyed and frustrated with those players and their approach.

Another thing yesterday was that James McQuilkin scored for Kidderminster yesterday, I think we made a mistake in not retaining him as he offered us a viable alternative to Luke Young, which is something that this team is crying out for badly.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I feel some of them would possible more use to us as sausages
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thanks, can't remember laughing so much all week. Look at the average age of our squad, most of them are barely young enough to leave home, they're so young they wear their baseball hats backwards and love rap and drop+base music, most of our squad have never used a washing machine or could tell you where the on button is placed on a various makes of hoover.

Are we really suggesting one or more of them actually use their local butcher :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wonder if this is a case of the good old, the butcher spoke to the candlestick maker, who's mate down the pub has a friend, who knows someone who has a friend who once cut the chairman's lawn, and over heard the milkman speaking to the postman, who's best friend is the 2nd cousin 143 times removed of one of players who said....

Have things really got this bad a TUFC :'( :'(
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

forevertufc wrote: most of our squad have never used a washing machine or could tell you where the on button is placed on a various makes of hoover.
You mean various makes of vacuum cleaner?.....Hoover itself is a "make". ;-)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Burnhamgull wrote: You mean various makes of vacuum cleaner?.....Hoover itself is a "make". ;-)
I can only take your word and bow to your expertise on this subject. :) :devil:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

tomogull wrote: It's good to see one or two reasoned posts like Arcadia's amongst all the negativity. Yes - today's result was bad. But this was just one match. There is still over half the season remaining and there are other clubs seemingly in trouble. Woking, for example, seem to be in freefall. As Arcadia posts, we have got to stick with Kevin Nicholson and the team and hope we can survive this season.
Whilst you seem to think Woking are in"free fall", look who's coming up behind you? Kidderminster. One win from overtaking us.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Burnhamgull wrote: You mean various makes of vacuum cleaner?.....Hoover itself is a "make". ;-)
Although various models of Hoover have the control buttons in different places.

This is much better than discussing our performances! ;-)
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

chardie wrote:Get a grip you lot, we've lost a game.
Plus nine others
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

nickbrod wrote: Whilst you seem to think Woking are in"free fall", look who's coming up behind you? Kidderminster. One win from overtaking us.
You would have to be a supreme optimist to be clutching at such a straw as Woking being in freefall to save us from relegation.

Woking have got 5 points from the last 10 games. Not good I admit!

Torquay have got 6 points from the last 10 games. Must be in freefall too then! Although I suppose we have not been anywhere we can fall from!

Woking are 9 points ahead of us from the same number of games so if we manage to make up 1 point on them every 10 games we need to play 110 games this season to catch them up. There are problems with that. The National League won't allow it; the Plainmoor pitch would not stand up to it; and if we did manage to catch them up our defence is so utterly rubbish they would still be above us on goal difference! ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Players more use as sausages! The best laugh for ages (and goodness! we need one).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

stefano wrote: This is much better than discussing our performances! ;-)
Apparently it's part of Nicho's physiological team building. After taking his young squad to the butchers (one player clearly spoke out of turn while they were there) to teach them how to buy 2 ILB's of best mince, he took them back to his place where they all made Krabby Patties, they then had an in depth discussion on wally and dollies performance on the x-factor , over in nice mug of hot chocolate (anything to keep them out of the night clubs) where Butler kicked off because he wanted to watch strictly come ****, and had a fight with Marsh over the T.V controls.

Hurst is suing for constructive dismissal after he wasn't invited ( some will say good riddance, and he didn't deserve an invite anyway) next weeks lesson is on how the vacuum with a pinny on, washing up is in week three.

Added in 6 minutes 18 seconds:
Meanwhile I just turned on the horror channel and found this...