Torquay United v Wrexham- (NOW Dec 5th)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If we had won a few games and had a bit more confidence I would have said the same as you but due to our frail team due to dropping so many points I would always use caution
Does anyone know if we are playing Buckland Wednesday?.
RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: the 12th man

Post by RichyMills »

arcadia wrote:Cox was a w----- and his name is just not worth mentioning as he knew the score when he took over and bluffed his way into the job somewhere along the line he thought things were going to change and they did not so he got out. He helped put us in this mess along with previous managers and the previous directors.
Unless someone is willing to inject a lot of money into the club or buy it support the people running it.

I think that's a bit harsh on Cox. he's a decent manager but why should he work for nowt? No way did he help get the club in this mess,

the recent interview with Chrissie Hargreaves shows the club's been in a mess for a while. it's a mess and really sad but changing ownership hasn't fixed that. it couldn' fix that.

you're right though, it needs a cash injection but why would anyone do that? it would be throwing good money after bad. to turn it around quickly would take a lot and still not guarantee anything long term
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

RichyMills wrote:
I think that's a bit harsh on Cox. he's a decent manager but why should he work for nowt? No way did he help get the club in this mess,

the recent interview with Chrissie Hargreaves shows the club's been in a mess for a while. it's a mess and really sad but changing ownership hasn't fixed that. it couldn' fix that.

you're right though, it needs a cash injection but why would anyone do that? it would be throwing good money after bad. to turn it around quickly would take a lot and still not guarantee anything long term
Cox stated at a meeting that I attended that he was happy to work without a contract due to the circumstances we had and happy to be in work.