Altrincham v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good God, the guy just wanted to source a lift due to meetings meaning he couldn't go with either the team or the travel club. Give the guy a break, he's obviously putting a shift in and just wanted to be there to watch the lads. Is it really that hard for fans to understand?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

forevertufc wrote:Thanks once again of the feedback, yes, had a feeling when I was writing this, any response might be sporadic to say the least. It is a shame, I do try to put talking points in these to provoke members to share their opinions, but, I guess three seasons of terminal struggle has worn us all out, never mind I enjoy doing them so will continue if everyone's happy for me to do so.
As someone who is thousands of miles away who hasn't got the foggiest idea what the hell an Altrincham is let me say I always greatly appreciate these previews.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sorry but it does come across as unprofessional - Has he got a car? couldn't he drive up?
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

I'll be there along with Steve Breed to see us win 2-1. I'll be taking my own car though.

COYY! :scarf:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

For crying out loud people, give Steve a break, what part doesnt anyone understand, he was in meetings so couldnt travel with the team, he doesnt have many other ways or much other time available to get there, he is a board member wanting to go all that way to the game to represent the club.

Arent we supposed to be a community/family club all pulling together to help, all doing our bit, I think its great that the ceo feels he could ask the fanbase for a favour like this, its not unprofessional, just practical, dont ever forget he is one of us. Besides if anyone gives him a lift think of the opportunity to pick his brian and ask some interesting questions about the club, you might actually learn something about how these things work.

Christ, some fans would love to be in a locked room with their clubs ceo for several hours to extract info from them or put their points accross, imagine a car journey to Altrincham as the same sort of thing. :devil:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Brucie, like myself,has in the past (& may well still) drive around the country. Not everyone enjoys doing that. If everybody did, I wouldn't be able to earn a living as a long distance taxi driver. I was going to drive up today (480 mile round trip ) but wasn't looking particularly forward to being on my own. I've just got a cancellation last-seat with the Travel Club; much nicer. Steve's got seat on the team coach coming back, why on earth would he want to drive a car up there ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Fantasia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Fantasia »

Only two directors were unable to travel yesterday with the team, most away games have seen more than half the board in attendance ( which travelling fans probably already know).
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

chunkygull wrote:For crying out loud people, give Steve a break, what part doesnt anyone understand, he was in meetings so couldnt travel with the team, he doesnt have many other ways or much other time available to get there, he is a board member wanting to go all that way to the game to represent the club.

Arent we supposed to be a community/family club all pulling together to help, all doing our bit, I think its great that the ceo feels he could ask the fanbase for a favour like this, its not unprofessional, just practical, dont ever forget he is one of us. Besides if anyone gives him a lift think of the opportunity to pick his brian and ask some interesting questions about the club, you might actually learn something about how these things work.

Christ, some fans would love to be in a locked room with their clubs ceo for several hours to extract info from them or put their points accross, imagine a car journey to Altrincham as the same sort of thing. :devil:
Some fans should be locked in a room!
TUST number 080
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

IMO this game has too much importance attached to it to put Lavercome inbetween the sticks, of course I could be wrong, we shall have to see.

Not sure if I can face listening to today's match, bout of man flu (the magnitude of which women will never fully understand) and a bad week work wise has me questioning if this old body can take the depression. Of course, I will, it's in your blood. It's also in Steves blood and I feel would we have a club if it wasn't for the likes of him? He's a true supporter and I think we shouldn't lose sight of having someone like that as CEO, the day he resigns is the day we can really worry. When I watched the video of the fans forum and heard the guy ask the question, as he's perfectly entitled to do, if a club like TUFC needs a CEO I really did wonder the guys motivation was, I couldn't understand why he had a pop at Steve like that. I suppose you have to ask yourself, "If my fantasy of owning TUFC ever came to fruition would I want Steve on my team?"

My answer,

Most definitely !
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Southampton Gull wrote:Good God, the guy just wanted to source a lift due to meetings meaning he couldn't go with either the team or the travel club. Give the guy a break, he's obviously putting a shift in and just wanted to be there to watch the lads. Is it really that hard for fans to understand?
:goodpost:
chunkygull wrote:For crying out loud people, give Steve a break, what part doesnt anyone understand, he was in meetings so couldnt travel with the team, he doesnt have many other ways or much other time available to get there, he is a board member wanting to go all that way to the game to represent the club.

:goodpost: Not sure about picking his 'brian' though :clap: :na:

FFS! Some people are never 'appy, unless they're bashing the club. Fair play to Steve for wanting to travel up today, when the easier decision might have been not to go at all.

As for the game, I'll be happy to keep our unbeaten league run going. I'm going for 0:2 to the Gulls.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Its very difficult to take the emotion out of a very passionate game, if your a supporter, player or manager, the passion will always boil over we all can say and do silly things. What the club needs at the moment is stability, direction and good decision making in all areas of the clubs business.

As a supporter you either opt out or stick to supporting the club you have a passion for, on the journey like the team and manager you will encounter frustrating moments, but ultimately understanding its a journey and looking at the bigger picture, will help. In return the club needs to make better informed decisions to improve things on and off the pitch, a good 3 years strategy which is both realistic and measurable is a must! Kevin Nicholson is a great guy and one who could provide the answer to long term stability, but he needs help and support from everyone involved at the club. Today is another stop on the journey, lets see where we are after today.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Only three subs?

Torquay United

21 Lavercombe
16 Richards
29 Berry
18 Smith
02 Hurst
10 Marsh
03 Butler
26 Heslop
24 Nicholson
17 Fisher
05 MacDonald

Substitutes

01 Spiess
07 Briscoe
11 Murombedzi
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

As the BBC seem unable to provide the info. Does anyone know the squad numbers for Campion and Hancox?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Good start so far....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Hancox is 23, not sure about Campion.

Sounds like a good start by us though, we just need a breakthrough.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats