Cheltenham Vs The Gulls!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Cheltenham Vs The Gulls!

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

So this will be my first away match on my own and my first late kick off. i don't know cheltenham at all and i want to go for a drink with a few fans (Gulls only) before kick off and maybe after (depending on train times)

I don't know how to get the the stadium from the train station and dont want to spend £20 on Taxi when its a 5min walk.
Does anyone know what pubs will have a friendly atmosphere and is close to the ground?

And does anyone have tips for away games?
i mean anything :P
Last edited by SantaCruzScotty on 16 Feb 2011, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
Torquay Till I Die!
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

What does fue mean ?
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Lmao, my bad, have changed it.
Torquay Till I Die!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Parry wrote:What does fue mean ?
I believe its a hair transplant surgery/treatment or the Japanese word for flute!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

SantaCruizScotty wrote:So this will be my first away match on my own and my first late kick off. i don't know cheltenham at all and i want to go for a drink with a few fans (Gulls only) before kick off and maybe after (depending on train times)

I don't know how to get the the stadium from the train station and dont want to spend £20 on Taxi when its a 5min walk.
Does anyone know what pubs will have a friendly atmosphere and is close to the ground?

And does anyone have tips for away games?
i mean anything :P
How much is the train and what time is it ?. I wouldn't mind going to this game.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Nevermind, I see you're coming from Cardiff :whip:
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Haha! :)
Torquay Till I Die!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Taken from Football Ground Guide:

Cheltenham Station is over two miles from the ground, so best to jump in a taxi. If you are going to embark on the 35-40 minute walk then thank Dave Lucas for the following directions; 'Turn right out of station car park and follow Queens Road for around half a mile. At end of Queens Road and turn left into Lansdown Road. At the next (Montpellier) roundabout, turn left into Montpellier Walk (which later becomes the Promenade). At the end of the Promenade, turn right into the High Street. Go along High Street for around 100 yards and then turn left into Winchcombe Street (by a branch of the Cheltenham &Gloucester Building Society). Continue straight along Winchcombe Street and into Prestbury Road. Straight across the next roundabout and then first right into Whaddon Road. The entrance to the away end is down on the left'.

As for drinking there was quite a few of us who went to the Parklands Social Club which is about two mintes from the away end.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

We normally meet we meet at a drinking club behind the ground. The ground is on Whaddon Road, if you walk around the ground as if going towards the away end you need to go down Wymans Road. Just behind the ground is a good car park for those driving and what seems to be a working mans type club that allow away fans. If you are walking, walk down Wymans Road, when you get to the first road on your right, the car park / clubhouse is on your left bang oposite.

As for atmosphere, I will be there with the drum and normally (even on a midweek) we get 200 or so and make some noise.

If you are going to get off at Cheltenham Spa Railway Station it is a 10 minute walk according to Google Maps. Where are you coming from, maybe someone can offer a lift? If you are on my way there I don't mind picking you up (or SG being he ALWAYS drives). Once you are there go straight to the bar I was talking about and look for a bloke with a drum, that will be me. Come and say hello and stand with us if you want.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Awayday youve made my day aha!

I do hope that i can meet up with you and SG!
If so, round on you? ;] Only joking :]
And yeh it will be Chelts spa!

Right ill reply to you later or summing im off home from work :)
Torquay Till I Die!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

santacruiz, they are talking about your banner/flag on facebook .. joe barlow is now claiming it... but they thing it is impressive and i quote ' who's is this bad boy ' :)
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

That banner should be floated along the popside before the game, would look awesome.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

LMFAO!
ah well he can claim all he wnats i know i done it and you guys know it!
Torquay till i die!
Torquay Till I Die!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

My banner is a bit more complex

reads

'I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GO AND WATCH TORQUAY UNITED PLAY SOME EQUALLY USELESS MOB IN THE 4TH DIVISION ON A TUESDAY NIGHT, ALARMINGLY NEITHER DO YOU. BASICALLY WE ARE BOTH LOSERS'

Might need a hand carrying it in the ground.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Don't know if I'll be able to get a thread for this or the Saturday 26th as I'm away, so this thread might have to do. Unless I can get 3 up before Monday, but I think that's a bit unlikely, what with starting a new job and all that.

Apologies