Cheltenham Vs The Gulls!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Isnt Bury away the 15th March now?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

markygull wrote:SantCruizScotty - i to will be travelling to this game on my own from bridgend. i was planning on training it there and back. how were u planning on getting there (you may've mentioned this but havent read the whole of this thread)?

Could buddy up as long as you're not a murderer or anything :)

I'm planning on taking the day off work and going up early to meet up with a mate who im dragging to the game, but could maybe come back on train together or car if ur planning on driving?

Main reason i came on here is what a pile of sh!t the online cheltenham ticket office is. it says i can order tickets for the game but when i go into it, it says chelts havent got a game on 22nd feb!? Or will i just be able to pay on the gate when i get there?

P.S. Scotty - didnt reply to ur pm as it says im not allowed to as i havent posted on the forums enough....who came up with that rule?
SantCruizScotty i sent you a private messege. Im at uni in cardiff so im also looking at heading to the game. So if you got a plan on whats going on i dont mind adding onto it and heading to the game aswell. Was looking at train times and the only train after full time back would be at 11. Which gets in at 6am. Inless im wrong. Let me know lads :engflag:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

the Lad is on holiday,i have the night off work,heading to Cheltenham :clap: :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

we'll be heading across from london, normally it's not too bad a journey traffic-wise, so all being well, will get there in good time, and will pop into the social club for a prematch pint. see you all there. not sure if my boy is coming - but just in case, do they let kids in the social club does anyone know (he's 8) ??

cheers.

Brady.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'm fairly sure kids are allowed in.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

AlexGulls wrote:I'm fairly sure kids are allowed in.
Well they let the Cheltenham Yoof in last time, and I am sure there were kids with parents in the bar as well.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

regiment0609 wrote:we'll be heading across from london, normally it's not too bad a journey traffic-wise, so all being well, will get there in good time, and will pop into the social club for a prematch pint. see you all there. not sure if my boy is coming - but just in case, do they let kids in the social club does anyone know (he's 8) ??
cheers.
Brady.
I quite used to like that drive up the M40/A40. Pretty much just the one road all the way to the ground. Just a bit on the inner ring road and you're there :nod:
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

Right mainly for Brett and Scott, my travel arrangements are as follows:

Am doin half a days work (much like today as ive spent most of my day playing football manager and have led torquay to champions league triumph in 2032 beating ac milan 3-2 in the final - sorry just had to brag!) and then getting the train from cardiff to gloucester leaving cardiff at 2:45pm.

I'm going to the game with a mate (not a torquay fan but he loves it really) so he'll pick me up and take me to the game in the evening.

As i didnt fancy rushing to try and get that train at 9:52, im gunna stay over his house and get a train home around 11am the next morning, and then going back into work to do another half a day before getting a lift home to bridgend!

Bit selfish i know as this doesn't help you guys in terms of travelling together but money is tight and this way its only cost me £12 in train tickets.

Shall i give you my mob number and we could meet up at the pub before the game and then watch the game together?
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Im away in Dorset next week, but will be making the trip from Dorset to Cheltenham, really looking forward to it!

I wonder if we'll get the stand behind the goal this time, instead of that stupid third of the main stand where there wasn't enough seats for us all last year!!

A win on Sat and I think atleast 600 will be there. COYY!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

regiment0609 wrote:we'll be heading across from london, normally it's not too bad a journey traffic-wise, so all being well, will get there in good time, and will pop into the social club for a prematch pint. see you all there. not sure if my boy is coming - but just in case, do they let kids in the social club does anyone know (he's 8) ??

cheers.

Brady.

The times I've been in there, there's been plenty of kids so I'm sure you'll have no problems.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

Working in Aylesbury next week, so will be making my way along the A40 to the game.

Hopefully see a few of you in the Parklands social club before the game for a pre-match pint! :~D
I live for matchdays!!!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

NickGull wrote:Im away in Dorset next week, but will be making the trip from Dorset to Cheltenham, really looking forward to it!

I wonder if we'll get the stand behind the goal this time, instead of that stupid third of the main stand where there wasn't enough seats for us all last year!!

A win on Sat and I think atleast 600 will be there. COYY!

According to Football Grounds Guide were behind the goal. So unless they think we wont bring many then I assume thats where we'll be!
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Finally managed to arrange a meeting in our Gloucester office same day as the Cheltenham match...so all being well I will be there as well, what's the parking like close to the ground?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Get there early and use the social club car park, I think it was a fiver last time.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

I'll be there, driving from home in Stratford, happy to pick up anyone that needs a lift from station or wherever......same rules as others though- no murderers please.