Torquay v Dover TUE 6TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Oh well :( Good performance by the sounds of it. Time to move on. Bring on Southport :scarf:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Walking home from the game, fuming. Will share my thoughts later when I've calmed down and had time to reflect
The gulls are going up
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It evens out over a season.....

The table in May doesn't lie .
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Dazza wrote:It evens out over a season.....
Am failing to see this at the moment Dazza!! Seems like lady luck is giving us a firm rogering at present!!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

****! ****, **** ****! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Lost for words after that defeat - utterly dejected. Better performance, could have won the game, hit by a sucker punch at the end.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Just got home too, angry and frustrated about the defeat, yes but I've just checked the BBC stats to remind myself as we peppered their goal in the second half. Their keeper managed, as much by luck as by judgement, to keep them in it. The rest is history.

This was a completely different performance from that on Saturday so I, for one, am feeling positive.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I actually cannot believe this. I havn't listened to the commentary but have had the flashscore alerts. Had given up hope at 2-1 and when the alert went off I was convinced that we had lost 3-1 only to find we had equalised.
When it went off again I actually thought somehow we had sneaked it only to find we had lost again.
That is just a MASSIVELY CRIPPLING result if ever there was one.
Another 3 points down the swanee. I don't want to hear about luck,or any other bollocks and I don't care how many games Dover have won. We have failed to outlast a bunch of part timers. This league isn't great at all. We are still conceding too many goals to give ourselves a chance.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

tufc si wrote: Am failing to see this at the moment Dazza!! Seems like lady luck is giving us a firm rogering at present!!!
Nothing to do with luck, Si. Another individual error costs us a point. The players simply aren't good enough. Most of them are Conference South standard and that's exactly where we're heading. We have 10 points from 15 games. By my reckoning, 50 is usually enough to stay up which means we need to win 12 from 31 and pick up a few draws along the way. It's not going to happen unless we bring in fresh faces - and with crowds of 1,200 that's not going to be possible. The supporters don't deserve this but everyone has a breaking point and it's only a matter of time before our attendances dip below the 1,000 mark. One thing that will help is a decent FA Cup run but we'd struggle to beat Truro so I can't see us even qualifying.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by leetufc »

I a still struggling to comprehend what Spiess was trying to do in saving the third goal. Absolute howler! In all fairness the third goal was a bad goal for all concerned. Heslop should not have passed across his own half of the field in injury time, Berry went backwards to defend assuming Murombedzi was going for it, Murombedzi went forward assuming Berry was going for it, leaving it for the Dover player. Shot from Payne, Spiess howler and its game over.

We should have had a hard fought point, maybe three, and some confidence back. Instead its back to square one.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Devastating, gut wrenching end to the game, a game I felt on chances we should have won. The performance level in the second half was as high as I've seen all season, keep that level of intensity up and we'll get results, but can mask the lack of quality in the squad, that's becoming a big concern.

On that third goals, yes, there's no doubt probably the single worst piece of goalkeeping I've ever seen, but the answer as far as the goalkeeping position is not in the building. I've no doubt there will be calls to throw the 18 kid back into the lions den, not the answer, we simply do not have a fit for purpose keeper at the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Please tell me that we have not lost to another goalkeeping mistake?
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Better performance, 1200 supporters made a lot of noise. Not about luck or about not outlasting part timers. We lost because of individual errors. A very poor piece of goal keeping, however Fisher missed two gilt edged chances, the second was really poor because he won't get a better cross all season
TUST number 080
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:Please tell me that we have not lost to another goalkeeping mistake?
Well yes and no, whilst Spiess made an absolute hash of the third goal, he was not solely to blame for this loss.
Formerly known as forevertufc
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by leetufc »

forevertufc wrote: Well yes and no, whilst Spiess made an absolute hash of the third goal, he was not solely to blame for this loss.
Agreed. He will probably take most of the stick for the loss but it wasn't entirely his fault. He also made one great save at the strikers feet in the first half after an horrendous back pass and a good save in the second to keep us in it.