Torquay United v Aldershot Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FFS!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We are conceding from far too many free-kicks recently. It's at least one a game at the moment.

A blow to the momentum of the new manager. A goal back would be lovely...

Added in 14 minutes 6 seconds:
0-2

All too familiar so far.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

we really are **** atrocious
The gulls are going up
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I don't understand why Butler is playing in midfield when we have Bell on the bench. If a left-back is ahead of him in the pecking order then there is no point in him being at the club. It's a waste of resources. I can't believe Nicholson has picked himself, especially when he doesn't have an assistant.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

that's 2 in 2 games for Bodin now
The gulls are going up
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

and Pearce has scored for mansfield

Added in 10 minutes 15 seconds:
predicted 0-2, it's embarrassing. Today was the perfect opportunity to turn out season around. There's a 6 point gap between 5th and 6th from bottom. We're losing ground, and we're losing our football club. We need something Tuesday night, however I can see Ajala and Ofori Achaempomg scoring against us
The gulls are going up
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I don't buy into some comments that we have talented players who are just low on confidence. This squad of players is fecking dreadful. Quite a lot of them are out of their depth at this level which is why we have won only two games all season - and one of them was at Halifax who somehow look worse than us.

I just can't see this group of players turning this around. We might pinch the odd win or draw but we're not going to go on a winning run. Look at the teams we've played over the last few weeks. It's not like we're playing Forest Green or Tranmere. Aldershot were 15th and lost 3-0 to Macclesfield last week but have eased their way to a win today. Forget giving these players a chance to prove themselves, they've had long enough and will not improve. They are bloody lucky that the fans haven't turned on them.

As for Nicholson picking himself to play and forcing our left-back to play in the centre of midfield, that is just mind-boggling, especially when he doesn't have an assistant. I don't blame him for the defeat though. Cox is responsible for assembling this squad and we were on a downward spiral before he decided to jump off the sinking ship to protect his own future. He knew this would happen and thought he's better off leaving before blemishing his CV, which is why he probably moved the goalposts.
Last edited by tommyg on 03 Oct 2015, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
al roxzar
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by al roxzar »

I was considering investing in the club, but after visiting today and talking to various people, as they say in Dragon,s Den I,m out!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I don't know what to say any more.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:I don't know what to say any more.
I do! We are **** shit. Abysmal, a shambles.

Our new player manager decides to play, and display one of our better performers from his natural position. Leaving who to manage from the dugouts!? You can't manage a game from left back. Hopefully he will learn from that.

How can the board expect people to pay good money to watch that pile of shit! Kiddy and Halifax must be beyond hopeless to be below us!

Pathetic.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

If Heslop qualifies as a professional football there is still hope for my Nan!

He was dreadful today!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I suspect that Nicholson picking himself today was a very big mistake.He ain't no midfield general that can see what's going on and can be in the midst of the action, he would be better off in the stands looking at the play and players. When you take over a business you stand aside and observe how people work not by being on the shop floor.
He has I suspect five games to turn this side around but as we have no money I think the only option is to go into every game and park the bus because a point at this stage would be wonderful.The National south just might give us a few wins and something to brighten up our football life.Don't know if anyone else feels the same but I am going off football,now have the chance to watch Chelsea vs Southampton but I am going for the rugby.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

frenchgull wrote:I suspect that Nicholson picking himself today was a very big mistake.He ain't no midfield general that can see what's going on and can be in the midst of the action, he would be better off in the stands looking at the play and players. When you take over a business you stand aside and observe how people work not by being on the shop floor.
He has I suspect five games to turn this side around but as we have no money I think the only option is to go into every game and park the bus because a point at this stage would be wonderful.The National south just might give us a few wins and something to brighten up our football life.Don't know if anyone else feels the same but I am going off football,now have the chance to watch Chelsea vs Southampton but I am going for the rugby.
Don't think anyone is under the illusion it was going to be easy, he will be his own man and will learn lessons as he moves forward, I am not sure who his number 2 is, but would suggest they would be watching everything and feeding back to Kev. It needs time, lets see how things are towards the end of the month! leave the Rugby for a bit yet ! lol :)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Hmmmm...new manager, same performance.

Another terrible performance and there is absolutely no chemistry within the team. Hurst made some runs with the ball but there was really no attacking threat whatsoever and I think some even rougher times lay ahead.

Nico playing at LB didn't surprise me because I think he thinks he's still got it. Butler in midfield however, left the mind boggling...

Does anybody else know what our attacking plan was today?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Plenty of effort with very little quality. Hurst, Marsh, Berry and Smith being the exceptions.

If this squad were a stick of rock it would have relegation written right through!

The board need to back their chosen manager ASAP or the Nicholson is doomed!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: