Torquay United v Boreham Wood TUE-22nd

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Do you know what pisses me off the most? What really gets my blood boiling?

It's not the defeat, though that has got me raging too, no, it's the fact that I know there are some posters on here that have only recently joined who are rubbing their hands with glee as we suffer yet another defeat. They are delighting in yet another nail being hammered into the coffin, looking forward to the fact that they will soon be able to buy what they are so desperate for - the land.

Well, **** you.

We may be dying, but we aren't dead yet. Until there is zero hope, until the gates are finally closed, the doors bolted and the lights switched off, I will still believe that we can turn this around.

Whilst we still have members of the board who are passionate about this club, whilst we still have people around who want this club to succeed, whilst we have people in place who are not giving up, I will still believe.

So, hover around if you wish, property developers, but this club is still alive, it's heart is still beating, and there are still people who believe.

TTID.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Steve Hiscott
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Steve Hiscott »

Just wanted to join up and say i really feel for your club, i really really do hope you can get out of the horrible time and on to brighter days.

You can be rest assured that most football fans in the south west will pull together in the hope torquay utd will start climbing the league.

The west country needs you!

You will not fold nor go into oblivion.

No one will have it! ;-)
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Steve Hiscott wrote:Just wanted to join up and say i really feel for your club, i really really do hope you can get out of the horrible time and on to brighter days.

You can be rest assured that most football fans in the south west will pull together in the hope torquay utd will start climbing the league.

The west country needs you!

You will not fold nor go into oblivion.

No one will have it! ;-)
Thank you Steve.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Thank you. We hope not...something beautiful is born out of every disaster and the last few years have been just that bad.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Sounds like we were unlucky tonight. Could easily have got a point.

I've seen us a few times this season and I don't think we are far away from being a decent side. We just need a dedicated and talented manager to come in and turn it around. Aspin would be ideal.

However at the moment there needs to be four teams in the division worse than us if we are to avoid relegation. The last two games have proven that currently there aren't four worse teams.
Yellow74
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow74 »

Ok so quick calculation says if 1000 die hard fans can raise 2000 each that's 2 mil not such a big challenge if we really do care?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

The
Scott Brehaut wrote:Do you know what pisses me off the most? What really gets my blood boiling?

It's not the defeat, though that has got me raging too, no, it's the fact that I know there are some posters on here that have only recently joined who are rubbing their hands with glee as we suffer yet another defeat. They are delighting in yet another nail being hammered into the coffin, looking forward to the fact that they will soon be able to buy what they are so desperate for - the land.

Well, f*** you.

We may be dying, but we aren't dead yet. Until there is zero hope, until the gates are finally closed, the doors bolted and the lights switched off, I will still believe that we can turn this around.

Whilst we still have members of the board who are passionate about this club, whilst we still have people around who want this club to succeed, whilst we have people in place who are not giving up, I will still believe.

So, hover around if you wish, property developers, but this club is still alive, it's heart is still beating, and there are still people who believe.

TTID.
Well said Scott. I agree with you completely. I can only wish a very unpleasant disease on jackal property developers who appear to be eyeing up Plainmoor. They are ruthless bastards who add nothing good to the world. Just **** off you scum.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Why is it solely left to the fans to try and encourage and motivate other fans to not give up?

Bizarre.

The lowest ebb and nothing has changed.

Gutted for you tonight and i'm just glad to have to given up when I did upon relegation. Saved myself multiple episodes of clinical depression, lots of anger and frustration and loads of time and money.

Not at any point since I stopped going has anybody at the club roused my passion, re-invigorated me to return or engaged with me. It's dead inside. No matter who runs it.

It takes nothing but some simple organisation to arrange a fan -fest type event on game days where fans can get together, those at the helm can come out in boots or on the pitch and make passionate speeches rallying everyone and showing their gratitude for their unwavering support. But no. Nothing. YOU drum up the customers on their behalf. As if you haven't enough on your plate. If the footy is always shit and you feel like giving up then there is only a certain amount of personal responsibility someone can take before they get pissed off. The fans can only do so much but they need direction, confidence and leadership from the top. Three key elements that for the past 6 years have been embarrassingly absent and have led to the dissipation of fans, the loss of employees, and the loss of league status.

The club need ideas to motivate the fans who are wavering and they need to implement them now.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I don't think we were awful this evening. We weren't good either, of course, but performance wise I think there were passages of play that were promising. We were never going to bounce back and win this 4-0. We haven't got it in us at the moment. The best we can say is that if we had defended set pieces properly, we could have scraped a 1-0 win and I think we would have deserved that.

Very pleased to have Durrell back. He and Hurst were the standout performers for me. Exodus has been found out. I would drop Butler back to left back and pair Angus with either Smith or this new chap. Then maybe give Murombedzi or someone else a run out on the left wing.

The main thing we are lacking is stability. We have an average group of players with one or two talented individuals. If we can find a level-headed, manager who sticks by his team, I think the wins will start to come back. We aren't going to achieve much this season, perhaps even next season, but after a few days of thinking this might genuinely be curtains for us, I am now starting to think that with some expectation management, we will probably be fine. A lot is resting on the managerial appointment, apparently coming in the next 7-10 days.

I think there are a lot of things wrong with our club at present, and a lot of lessons are being learned by those in charge. We are quite clearly a work in progress and this is an incredibly frustrating time. But it is still September. The season does not end until May.

I'd like to echo the words of others on here and across the internet by thanking the fans of Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City and all the other clubs (I saw shirts from Wycombe, Swansea and others) who turned up tonight. A fantastic gesture from them that will not be forgotten. I hope the anti-City chanting was taken in good humour...
Last edited by bobby93 on 22 Sep 2015, 23:34, edited 2 times in total.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I thought tonight's performance was better than most home games but against probably the worst side I have seen at Plainmoor this season.

The defence yet again let the side down - two free kick goals is more than just a coincidence.

There is no leadership on the pitch - our captain strolls around the park like he can't be bothered to break sweat and gets beaten repeatedly when the opposition attacks him with the ball on the ground.

Yet there are positives - Hurst is a real live wire, as is Marsh (although why he was subbed by Yeoman is a mystery). Briscoe made an immediate impression when he came on. McDonald impressed with his commitment and so did Smith and Berry.

The midfield were anonymous but largely because the tactics seemed to entail hoofing the ball from the back and hoping against hope that Fisher could hold it up (which he couldn't).

At the moment I can't see where the next win will come from. Perhaps the new manager, whoever they are, can turn things round - if not I fear that we could end up in relegation or worse.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

A better performance.

Thought Exodus should have been left out and Smith and McDonald central with Berry and Butler fullbacks we had a winger on the subs bench I think with him in the side it would have been even better.
The bench lack ideas and the sooner we get a new manager installed the better.

Just like to say what a great contribution the Plymouth & Exeter fans made thankyou as it lifted the Pop side and our loyal supporters were brilliant again.
Last edited by arcadia on 22 Sep 2015, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Do you know what pisses me off the most? What really gets my blood boiling?

Well, f*** you.

TTID.
Oh how I wish the club had people at the helm who had passion and heart and desire like this. That has been the main reason why I gave up, because I cannot relate to anyone at the club anymore. People like Scott who wear their heart on their sleeve. Nobody has ever set foot behind the scenes at Plainmoor since I was a fan and that is the problem. Sterile, taken for granted bollocks. If it means something then **** well let people know it does!!!!!!!!!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, I meant to add to my post a reference to the cracking atmosphere and the contribution from the Argyle and City supporters. Loved the irony of the singing "just don't worry 'bout a thing, every little thing is going to be all right" and the lights on the mobile phones looked very pretty from Bristol's Bench!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

unfortunately I disagree, I don't see where the team can go. We didn't look as threatening as they did, and I can't see how we can turn it around. I'd love to be proved wrong but I'm starting to accept defeat.
The gulls are going up
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I wasn't at Plainmoor tonight and was gutted to read the score updates throughout the evening (yes, I had hoped we'd win) but one thing that is coming out from a lot of the posts tonight is the atmosphere.

The Argyle fans no doubt contributed massively towards this and whilst it was probably great for everyone there, sadly I fear that in a couple of games time when we rock up for the next home game, the regular library-like atmosphere will return.

For the first time ever, I really think it is going to take a miracle to save the club. We have a young in-experienced squad of players playing a formation they don't like, with a coach in temporary charge and a board at the helm that are still trying to get to grips with the "football business".

If there is a saviour out there, it's time to step up and grab hold of this club and give it a f***ing good shake.

On the playing side, can we just switch to a familiar 4-4-2 and, from somewhere, find a centre half with composure.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.