Torquay United v Boreham Wood TUE-22nd

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Where do we go? that was awful, truly awful. Exodus was clueless, Smith has had better games, Hurst had atleast 6 shots way off target, Fisher can't head to save his life...I could go on. We're heading for the Confernece South at a fast pace, and there's no way I can see of us turning it around. Plymouth fans were awesome, much needed boost to the attendance, and credit to the Torquay fans for staying behind the team. 3 home games against newly promoted sides, 1 point. absolutely abysmal. We are screwed
The gulls are going up
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I was hoping for a reaction after Saturday. I was hoping for a boost with the caretaker manager. I was hoping, always hoping. Hope on.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Can't wait for Saturday...... :-/ :devil:
And get behind the team!!!!

COYY
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I just don't understand who is signing players when we don't have a manager. Lets face it - this is a worse result than Saturday. Losing to a team of part timers who have lost five games on the trot is nothing short of a disgrace. Absolutely pathetic.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Frustrating game, Exodus needs to be dropped he doesn't add enough to be selected - we played 4 at the back in the 2nd half, Exodus was the weak link.

Great atmosphere tonight, thanks to the Argyle fans who turned up! :bow:
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

John Ramshaw ssid defence was not under pressure throughout game, and we beaten by 2 "worldy" free kicks
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Also the goals we conceeded were poor, identical free kicks that the wall jumped over!

Note on the Ref - awful as ever (along with the useless popside lino) gave soft FKs to Borehamwood all game long and time wasting isn't a problem in his eyes
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

Some positives tonight, thought Marsh looked lively at times, needs to play on last mans shoulder a little more, their 33 was scared to death of him, played too deep and got swallowed up by their holding midfielder. Briscoe made a difference, thought we were a bit narrow going forward, I can see the logic after Sat playing Hurst and Butler as wide midfielders, thought that set the tone though, we are at home against Borehamwood, and we looked more concerned with what they were going to do to us than us taking the game to them. Agree with Exodus, visibly troubled whenever ball was even threatened to end up at his feet, he is not for me. Smith has great attitude, think they are concerned he will lose out physically against national league forwards who are often cumbersome. I honestly think the bulk of thst team if fit are capable of top half finish. Whole place needs a lift, this next appointment could be biggest decision in clubs history.....be brave
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

dreadful
The only thing of promise was the link up of Berry and Hurst going forward - which the players seemed reluctant to exploit in favour of aimless long balls for extended periods.
Worst substitution decision ever to remove marsh and replace with yeoman immediately after marsh thought he'd equalised - which killed the momentum that was building.
Briscoe is only of use as impact sub - he made things happen for five minutes when he came on but I can't forgive his physical condition - shameful!!!!
Worst of all was the lack of leadership - four seasons of struggle have begun to imbue a losing mentality.- I couldn't sense any urgency, desperation or passion - I want my midfield throwing itself about hungrily a la charlie oatway and Sean Joyce ...I want to see players busting a gut to get forward supporting the attacks... I see bodies in shirts who are accepting where we are - not good enough! The ckub is in turmoil granted but some home truths need saying because I feel the side is excusing it's performances because of the backdrop and the support - bless our hearts - are reluctant to get on their cases as we feel grateful we have a club to support and the players are doing the best they can - crap!!! Let's not patronise the players into relegation or worse!
Performances have dropped partly due to confidence but someone out there needs to start taking some bloody responsibility too!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The performance was poor, again. It was better than Saturday (not much of a positive) and probably didn't deserve to lose, I thought a draw was a fair result. Had a few good chances in the second half, but we were very poor.

Great atmosphere tonight, well done to the Torquay boys getting behind the lads. Thank you to every single Argyle fan who attended the game tonight, the lot standing with us (near the drum) were superb. Fantastic support, a credit to Plymouth, Devon and football in general! Hope to see you all again soon.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Out of the defeats this one has been the hardest to swallow, against a team in as poor form as us, below us in the table going into the game. Comparing the attitude, effort, application of the team tonight, it was light years better than Saturday, mind you that's not difficult, not going to criticise the players for that performance.

Yes, they lack quality, the decision making at times leaves a lot to be desired. Two daft free kicks given away, no need on either, both free-kicks well struck and placed, low and hard, as said above the wall jumped over both, to get caught once, but twice, hmm

Supporters brilliant, can praise the fans enough, singing through out, great banter with the Argyle fans on the pop side, and sang together with them as well, I'll remember that side of tonight for along time, and thank them all.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We are a joke. It hurts me and no doubt everyone else. The team we have is so inexperienced there is no leadership. Words cannot describe my frustration. We are flucked( yes a deliberate spelling mistake). I pay £7 a month to tust, £10 to Torquay, £10 to Blackpool lottery(% goes to paying off x amount of managers)What's the point.
Lucy
Yellow74
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow74 »

Not good enough tonight, first half awful second half we tried that is all! Let's put this in to context we lost at home to BW a Part time team!

The argyle fans were awesome but unfortunately out so called fans failed to turn up leaving us with another crowd under 1800.

I met a argyle fan outside the ground and shook his had, I an not in any way an emotional man but I shed a tear as tonight I feel my club TUFC died.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

These are the toughest times for our club, we've been in some dark places before, not as dark as these.

The point is "you use it, or you lose it" What will us TUFC fans be doing this time next year when the wife you can come shopping with me now, if us fans give up, if we fold, the clubs folds, what do us TUFC fans want ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

The end is nigh. We are going down, but going down is the least of the worries. We are finished, the club is in so much turmoil Its unstainable

Added in 3 seconds:
The end is nigh. We are going down, but going down is the least of the worries. We are finished, the club is in so much turmoil Its unstainable
Lucy