Torquay United v Bromley FC

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

brucie wrote:don't know what to say.
You know things have really gone to **** when Brucie is left speechless. Somehow we're not in the bottom 4 still, just hope we get in a manager who can motivate and just keeps us above float this season.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Well, that went well.
TUST member 203
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Things need to change, our back 6 for today game were absolutely useless. Lavercombe v Spiess battle seems to have a winner already, exodus and Angus just does not work. Hurst and butler going forward leaves a big hole at the back which every team exploits, smith did okay but was not my MOTM and Fenwick was not good enough for even Sunday league football, lost the ball countless times and gave away their penalty. Sad times at Torquay, the beginning of the end I think.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

RIP TUFC

Nothing much else to say utterly humiliation and thrashed by a half decent team but nothing more but some million miles better than us

We played like the way the club is being run, unprofessional out of our depth with no heart no skill or fight. 1600 bothered and i am not going again ever. That's it i don't want to be associated with this mess the kindest thing to do is let it go under. There will be no happy ending
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I'll be there Tuesday night, they need our support
The gulls are going up
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in.

I left early, not because of the score but my bike only just got me to the match and I was worried about it starting so at 7-2 I left, and to my amazement and joy it started and just about got me home to Kerswell phew! So I'm happy.

Well back to the game. As I walked in my thoughts were I don't want to see Dean Edwards in a track suit. And there he was, I was deflated straight away!

I watched Ramshaw and Edwards and it was obvious to me Edwards was in charge. He was shouting instructions all the bloody time, I hate that. I like a manager to be involved but he was too involved.

Well we started well, great header. And I thought well maybe a good afternoon. It all then went pear shaped. The midfield was awful. Exodus and Angus had a spat. Individually half the team are good enough for this league, Hurst, Butler, Angus, Tyrone, Fisher.

Our midfield gave the ball away too much and the defense fell apart.

Ramshaw should have had sole control today. It didn't need two of them there. Edwards has no more experience at football management than I do. It just has a taint to it and I'm questioning the motivation now myself.
TUST MEMBER
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

There's still a gullible few left......

Shocking performance, worse than Braintree last season.

All those clamouring for Lavercombe to start and slating Speiss......well done.
All those who think Dean Edwards is a good man......well done
All those who bother to continue to watch that shower of shit......god help you

I can't wait to watch Reading v Everton for £12 on Tuesday night............

That was embarrassing.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I'm also going, I can't make Saturday matches but I will continue to support until its ever the end.

It was never going to be easy this season, acclimatising once again.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ramshaw on the radio - god help us. He is talking garbage.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

They don't deserve any support. Seriously what good will come out of it? We'll keep going long enough to get relegated?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

In my 52 years of supporting United there have been some low points (there were NONE in the period 1963-72) but this must take the cake. I wasn't there but the result (and these comments) speaks for itself.
Still, it can't be any worse than supporting Whitby Town FC (we lost 0-5 at home in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup on Wednesday - an absolute disaster.)
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

So our publicity loving DoF / manager decides to duck facing the media after that and sends out his sacrificial lamb Ramshaw to front up. What an absolute disgrace he is. We all know that had we fluked a result he would have been all over the media claiming his own genius. If the clubs wants to save some money, how about getting rid of this leech.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

eddyh wrote:So our publicity loving DoF / manager decides to duck facing the media after that and sends out his sacrificial lamb Ramshaw to front up. What an absolute disgrace he is. We all know that had we flukes a result he would have been all over the media claiming his own genius. If the clubs wants to save some money, how about getting rid of this leech.
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Good news is Exodus will not be available for Tuesday's game with a groin injury so hopefully a formation change will do is the world of good and get us a 6-0 win...
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Why the experts on the bench cannot see that Exodus and Briscoe are not fit enough to wear the shirt is beyond me. We will never win with 9 men. Its not much to ask to have players who are physically fit.
This 5 at the back does not work. I am sure a back 4 with Angus, Smith, Butler and a new right back would work better. The reason I say new right back is that I believe Hurst should play as a winger, the guy is electric.
The other concern is the midfield. We need some steel in there.
Tust member 191