Torquay United v Bromley FC

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Torquay United v Bromley FC

Post by Dave »

Tuesday night saw our young squad denied a vital win, after conceding an injury time penalty. Saturday we welcome newly promoted Bromley to Plainmoor (LWS)

Bromley FC nicknamed The Ravens or The Lilywhites, were finally promoted to the NL premier division for the first time in the clubs history after finishing the 2014-15 season as NL south champions, The Ravens after a mixed start to the season are beginning to find their feet at this level , winning their last three games, Bromley fc have made a number of new additions to their squad since promotion, including the recent addition of experienced centre back Ben Chorley from Portsmouth, The Ravens have one of the divisions in-form strikers in Moses Ademola.

Featured Bromley player

Alan Julian; born 11th March 1983, Ashford, position; goalkeeper. Alan started his career in 2000 with Brentford making just 16 appearances before joining Stevenage in 2005, during his time at Stevenage is where Alan Julian would first come to the attention of Torquay supporters, after a nightmare performance in a 4.2 defeat at Plainmoor, Alan Julian would win the F.A Trophy with Stevenage, and once went 778 minutes without conceding a goal, 2008 saw Alan follow manager Mark Stimson to Gillingham, Alan went on to make 73 appearances for Gillingham, but would be remembered by Torquay supporters again, after a real keeping howler gifted The Gulls a point late in a match at Gillingham. Alan Julian is a very experienced goalkeeper around the lower leagues and non-league pyramid, Alan Julian was a NL premier division play-off winner with Newport County and went on to play for Dartford, Sutton United before joining Bromley in 2015, I’m sure Alan Julian will not want to be reminded of how many mistakes he’s made in games versus Torquay United, a goalkeeper that once had Torquay United fans chanting “the keepers on a hat trick”

Bromley top goal scorers and season stats

Moses Ademola 5
Bradley Goldberg 2
Ben May 2
Alex Wall 2

HOME / AWAY ADVANTAGE
% Points Home 71% Away 29%
% Goals scored Home 56% Away 44%
% Goals conceded Home 25% Away 75%

Current form

Bromley; D-D-L-W-W-W

22 Aug Halifax Town 2-2 Bromley
29 Aug Bromley 1-1 Dover Athletic
31 Aug Forest Green 2-1 Bromley
5 Sep Bromley 3-0 Gateshead
12 Sep Bromley 1-0 Macclesfield
15 Sep Boreham Wood 2-3 Bromley

Last time out

Boreham Wood 2-3 Bromley

01 Julian
12 Rodgers Booked
05 Swaine Booked
18 Ademola
13 Anderson
04 Fuseini
22 Chorley
16 Porter
14 Dennis
09 May
10 Goldberg (Cook - 74' )

Substitutes
02 Udoji
08 Prestedge
11 Cook
17 Wall
19 Francis

From a Torquay United point of view

Tuesday Night saw Simon Heslop sent off, don’t think there’s any doubt in this one so it looks like a 3 match suspension. The frustrations continue for Paul Cox as his team continue to drop points thanks to avoidable mistakes.

For me, it’s a sign of where we are as a club right now; we have lot of inexperienced players, who make mistakes, especially in high pressured situations, everyone around the club is desperate for a win, and that type of pressure can lead to unforced errors of the nature we’re seeing at the moment, more experienced players are needed, I'm sure Paul Cox knows this and I believe is trying to rectify the situation.

Still think it’s far too early to judge how our season is likely to unfold, think it’s foolish for any fan of any club after 10 games to predict promotion or relegation, or perhaps a season of struggle with mid table mediocrity, so many twists and turns to go through, and player recruitment via the loan market can change our season.

Our home record over the last three seasons is well documented and as poor as you’ll find anywhere around English domestic football, it's something that needs to change for the better, we now have two consecutive home games, us fans can help do something about this, no good sitting home moaning, there will be no club sooner rather than later if we don’t get out and support our team, these next two games are so important, the team need our support.

Current form

Torquay United D-L-L-D-D-D

22 Aug Grimsby 2-2 Torquay Utd
29 Aug Torquay Utd 0-3 Cheltenham
31 Aug Eastleigh 3-2 Torquay Utd
5 Sep Torquay Utd 1-1 Guiseley
12 Sep Welling Utd 1-1 Torquay Utd
15 Sep Kidderminster 2-2 Torquay Utd

Torquay United top goal scorers and season stats

James Hurst 4
Alex Fisher 3
Dan Butler 1
Josh Carmichael 1
Exodus Geohaghon 1
Angus MacDonald 1
Joe Quigley 1

HOME / AWAY ADVANTAGE
% Points Home 40% Away 60%
% Goals scored Home 15% Away 85%
% Goals conceded Home 28% Away 72%

Last time out

Kidderminster 2-2 Torquay Utd

01 Spiess
02 Hurst
05 MacDonald
12 Carmichael
03 Butler
07 Briscoe
26 Heslop Dismissed
06 Geohaghon
22 Quigley (Fenwick - 53' )
18 Smith
17 Fisher (Lavelle-Moore - 90' )

Substitutes
04 Fenwick
11 Murombedzi
20 Odofin
21 Lavercombe
24 Lavelle-Moore

Boss on 2-2 draw at Kidderminster

"We have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot," he said. "We were well in control in the opening 30 minutes and created some good chances. We deserved to be in front at the break but then a lack of concentration and discipline allowed them to get back into it.

"It's a tough one to stomach because we were in control of possession for most of the game and having got back in front with ten men, we then failed to clear the ball properly right at the death and they get a penalty.

"I can't fault the lads' work rate. They are working hard but we need to also work smart and be able to manage the game better.

"We look fluid going forward but at the same time we know that we have to be more proactive in the final third.

"I'm not going to get too down; we've taken two points from our last two away games having been reduced to ten men on both occasions.

“You could say it was another exciting game, but I don't want exciting games, I want boring 1-0 wins.

"We know where we want to be and we're all working hard to get there. We'll be ready to go again on Saturday for the first of successive home games."

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 7bMwLx2.99

Head to Head meetings

Only one previous meeting I’m aware of came in the F.A Trophy.

Torquay United 4 v 0 Bromley
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

we should win this one really. however being realistic, 0-1 Ademola 90+3
The gulls are going up
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

11 men that are able to concentrate and put in a performance for 90+ minutes please!
The result should then take care of itself.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Bromley shouldn't be underestimated here. They're in decent form with 3 wins in a row. They will be confident they can get something here. It certainly won't be a walk in the park like in the trophy match last season.

That being said, hopefully this weekend will be the game where the team finally pull together and put in a complete performance. We sure do need to get a few more wins on the board in our next 2 games.

Going for 2-1 United. 1700 crowd.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I don't know why but I still feel optimistic, so:

Torquay United (2) 3
Bromley (1) 1

Att: 1,504.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Feeling optimistic for this one.

1-1
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

1-2(quigley)

1801 gate
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

absolutely no idea how this will turn out.

lets hope the attendance is 1800+ though.

I will take my season ticket seat in the Bench for the 2nd time for this one.
TUST MEMBER
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

3-0 win and 2200 on the gate
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

All we need now is for the 'undertaker' to be match summariser on Radio Devon - and the weekend will be complete!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

After the disappointing day of cox leaving, board giving next to no information to us fans, the club still needs us so I will still be there as usual tomorrow. COYY

Expect the boys to get a win..

2-0 Torquay

Fisher
Hurst

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Fergus Bell joins on non contract terms so crisis over.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

with the club in its current depreciative state, I'm revising my prediction of 0-1 and changing to 0-3
The gulls are going up
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Torquay United

21 Lavercombe
02 Hurst
05 MacDonald
18 Smith
03 Butler
06 Geohaghon
04 Fenwick
10 Marsh
12 Carmichael
07 Briscoe
24 Lavelle-Moore

Substitutes

01 Spiess
11 Murombedzi
17 Fisher
22 Quigley

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Bromley

23 Kettings
06 Holland
05 Swaine
04 Fuseini
13 Anderson
22 Chorley
14 Dennis
16 Porter
11 Cook
09 May
18 Ademola

Substitutes

02 Udoji
03 Tumwa
08 Prestedge
12 Rodgers
19 Francis

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
So Lavercombe in but continuing with 3-5-2.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Very very sparse crowd. Well under 1,500