Kidderminster v Torquay United-TUE 15th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Not to mention that the most we have conceded in a game is 3, which makes working out the average to be 3.66 quite impressive.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:Excusing throwing away two points as "not having a divine right to win every game" is just tosh as well. We were winning in injury time - it doesn't make any difference how many men we had. In our position where we cannot buy a win chucking points away is going to hurt us.
We cannot compete with the better teams in this league so we have got to start winning against the lesser lights. If we don't we will be relegated. Three points against Guiseley. Welling and Kidderminster isn't good enough. Two part time pub sides and a team who are actually worse than everybody else in the league.
Its no good justifying that because we are down to ten men in every bloody game we should be grateful for a draw. Perhaps if we stopped making kamikaze challenges in every match we would keep eleven men on the pitch which might give us a better chance of winning.
Aha - I know you like winding us up, Brucie, and you do it very well. Just a couple of comments - 'we cannot compete with the better teams'. Yes, we got a battering from Cheltenham but we drew at Grimsby, lost in the final minutes home to Woking (aided and abetted by Brett Huxtable), almost got a draw at Eastleigh so although we've only picked up one point from those four games, at least we competed. If I remember rightly, you weren't at Plainmoor for the Guiseley match. If you had been, I don't think you would describe them as a 'pub team'. Part-time maybe, but they were a well organised and useful side, even if their time wasting towards the end of the match was equally well organised. In my view, they were very unlucky not to go away with all three points.

Heslop's sending off could be a blessing in disguise. He's been a 'jonah' since he arrived at Plainmoor - we haven't won a match since. He will be out for the next three matches so that will give other players a chance to prove themselves - maybe Fisher dropping back into midfield and Lavelle-Moore or Marsh partnering Joe Quigley? Or maybe Fenwick given an opportunity to prove his worth? Or even young Sam Chaney being given some game time? Gawd knows, any one of them would be more effective than Heslop has been. Steve Breed and his co-presenter seemed to think Fenwick had a decent game last night and both rated Josh Carmichael as their man of the match. The two who have posted their 'top five' players last night have not included Carmichael at all. Just proves how differently we see matches.
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

I have to agree with the commentators Carmichael was very good IMO it was between Carmichael and Hurst for MOM the young lad from Bmth worked his socks off all game and if he had not made a good run and cross when we were at 1 1 we may have lost this game I don't know if it was the same commentators as sat but they said he was man of the match then as well.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure about Brucie's information here.

We've played 4 games at home conceding 5 goals= 1.25 goals per game
We've played 6 games away from conceding 13 goals= 2.16 goals per game (overall =1.8 goals per game)

Then look at how many we've scored.

From the 4 home games we've managed to score 2 goals=0.5 goals per game
From the 6 away games we've scored 11 goals, the highest in the division=1.8 goals per game (overall 1.3 goals per game)

Considering we've played 3 away games with 10 men as well, there are problems, plenty of time to fix them.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

forevertufc wrote:Not sure about Brucie's information here.

We've played 4 games at home conceding 5 goals= 1.25 goals per game
We've played 6 games away from conceding 13 goals= 2.16 goals per game (overall =1.8 goals per game)

Then look at how many we've scored.

From the 4 home games we've managed to score 2 goals=0.5 goals per game
From the 6 away games we've scored 11 goals, the highest in the division=1.8 goals per game (overall 1.3 goals per game)

Considering we've played 3 away games with 10 men as well, there are problems, plenty of time to fix them.
It certainly isn't information!!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Love this forum. Stats eh, you can prove anything :) as long as your maths is well just a little bit good :)
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote:Love this forum. Stats eh, you can prove anything :) as long as your maths is well just a little bit good :)

Indeed, however the stats I posted seem to prove we can score away but not at home, our team can defend well at home but not away, weird. :whistle:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

After last night think you'll find we've scored 13 away.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

nickbrod wrote:After last night think you'll find we've scored 13 away.

How do you make it 13, I've been through it twice and still make it 11 ?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote:

How do you make it 13, I've been through it twice and still make it 11 ?
As Neal says, it's all about your maths being just a little bit good ......... :whistle:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that still doesn't help me Tommo asked the question because I thought maybe I've missed something, which is possible with me. :)
I have us scoring away;

Wrexham 1
Fc Halifax 3
Grimsby 2
Eastleigh 2
Welling 1
Kidderminster 2
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

forevertufc wrote:Well that still doesn't help me Tommo asked the question because I thought maybe I've missed something, which is possible with me. :)
I have us scoring away;

Wrexham 1
Fc Halifax 3
Grimsby 2
Eastleigh 2
Welling 1
Kidderminster 2
Gee, now that looks like a very respective record doesn't it. :-/
TUST MEMBER
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Well, never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
TUST number 080
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

what is it with all these cryptic posts. If we as fans and forum posters have a point to make, don't be shy, make the point !!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The only point needed is that arcadia knows nothing about selecting keepers :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com