Torquay United v Cheltenham Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Unfortunately it was an EIGHT goal thriller, tomogull - and, yes, Stamford got five of them. The problem? Non-existent midfield mainly, though the defence played like statues running through treacle and the 'keeper was an emergency loanee from Middlesbrough FC. The attack was good though. You may or may not remember the Sky Saturday afternoon Football Special led by Jeff Stelling who, when James Brown scored for Hartlepool, produced a James Brown (singer) doll. James Brown is now playing for us and doing well. Unfortunately again the attendance was paltry: 237.
What is interesting for this forum in general is that the contributors to the Whitby Town forum are even more dictatorial than some on here. I dared to criticise one of the midfielders (who has played over 300 games for Whitby) and I was severely put in my place. So be thankful for a partly-democratic forum like this one.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I presumed under Cox we would be dour, hard to beat, probably wouldn't create much but we seem to be conceding goals like they are going out of fashion.
The main issues are the keeper and unfortunately Exodus who is a complete liability.
Playing against a team who had ten men you wouldn't really expect to see their loan striker though on goal about half a dozen times in the second half.
if we play anything like we did on Saturday we will get a fearful hiding today.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The result and performance might suggest that we were down to 10 men for 83 minutes.
We consistently failed to win any 2nd / 3rd ball in the oppositions half.
We consistently hit long balls to their centre halves, when a passing option against 10 men would have been the correct game plan.

One of the worst performances I have ever witnessed from any team gifted such an early advantage in a game. However we knew this squad would be inconsistent and this is exactly what we are witnessing.
Look out Eastleigh......... possibly! ;-)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

wivelgull wrote:Unfortunately it was an EIGHT goal thriller, tomogull - and, yes, Stamford got five of them. The problem? Non-existent midfield mainly, though the defence played like statues running through treacle and the 'keeper was an emergency loanee from Middlesbrough FC. The attack was good though. You may or may not remember the Sky Saturday afternoon Football Special led by Jeff Stelling who, when James Brown scored for Hartlepool, produced a James Brown (singer) doll. James Brown is now playing for us and doing well. Unfortunately again the attendance was paltry: 237.
What is interesting for this forum in general is that the contributors to the Whitby Town forum are even more dictatorial than some on here. I dared to criticise one of the midfielders (who has played over 300 games for Whitby) and I was severely put in my place. So be thankful for a partly-democratic forum like this one.

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"