Torquay United V Woking-Tue 18TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The 4th official made the error. Veysey favours a German seven, with a small adornment protruding downwards from the left hand tip of the uppermost horizontal line. This number is VERY clearly a seven, not a seven with a one in front of it.
I wish I'd taken a picture on my phone to share with you all (including the inevitable lurking Cards), but it simply didn't cross my mind.

We've been done over, again, by Huxtable. My suggestion would be for us to send him a large and extravagant gift. He'll be forced to declare and return it. We'll be fined by the FA (I'll happily pay that on our behalf) and it'll surely mean he can never officiate us again. Sounds daft, but I bet it works.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Yellow army 1
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Briscoe

Post by Yellow army 1 »

Heard Fairhurst has hurt his knee but should be fine for Saturday think he could be the main man this season when he's back
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:The 4th official made the error. Veysey favours a German seven, with a small adornment protruding downwards from the left hand tip of the uppermost horizontal line. This number is VERY clearly a seven, not a seven with a one in front of it.
I wish I'd taken a picture on my phone to share with you all (including the inevitable lurking Cards), but it simply didn't cross my mind.

We've been done over, again, by Huxtable. My suggestion would be for us to send him a large and extravagant gift. He'll be forced to declare and return it. We'll be fined by the FA (I'll happily pay that on our behalf) and it'll surely mean he can never officiate us again. Sounds daft, but I bet it works.

Matt.
A cake with number 7 on it, including a model of a clown on top, seven bottles of cheap, nasty wine, a pack of Number 7 male cosmetics (Boots) for the man with the larger ego & seven cheap pairs of specs. I'll buy the specs.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 19 Aug 2015, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A bottle of 7 up, because that's what the 4th official should have done, put the 7 up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The link is for 5 things we learnt from Torquay's defeat to Woking

Completely agree with that previous poster regarding Quigley. I just don't know what he offers. He's so immobile and doesn't seem to be winning much in the air. How on earth was the Bournemouth Academy's Player of the Season?!

Mind you, Ashley Barnes was terrible for us and ended up in the Premier League...

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/thi ... story.html
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

I have sent an email of complaint regarding Fuxtable, I think it will be more affective if more emails were to follow.

[email protected]
To the dotted line, We're on our way
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I lived in Portugal for 10 years and they write their sevens with a little horizontal line in the middle . Most of Europe writes a 7 this way.

However you have to be "very thick" stupid or ignorant to think it says 17.

Ben Cobb is to blame for all this and he knows it. I was right behind him and he knew he had fouled up big time.

That is why he got the fool Huxtable to send Paul Cox to the stand to deflect blame from himself.

End of the road for you Mr Cobb.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This is England. None of the officials here should be expected to understand German (nor indeed any other language). If Ken Veysey writes a German seven and the official mistakes it for an English seventeen, then that is, at least in part, Veysey's fault for using a foreign language. The only possible exception is if he wants to substitute the German goalkeeper.. Dammit, this is England! :@
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

DJ Gull wrote:I have sent an email of complaint regarding Fuxtable, I think it will be more affective if more emails were to follow.
[email protected]
Is Devon FA the right place to write to, DJ? I was going to write direct to the Referees Association as I presumed they arranged refs for matches (but presumably Devon FA would forward emails if they thought appropriate).
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

tomogull wrote: Is Devon FA the right place to write to, DJ? I was going to write direct to the Referees Association as I presumed they arranged refs for matches (but presumably Devon FA would forward emails if they thought appropriate).
I have written a letter to the fa before and got a cr@p letter back politely saying they couldn't do anything about it. I tried to ring the fa today but after half an hour on hold I gave up. I called Devon fa and spoke to someone who actually seemed concerned about my complaint and told me to put it in writing via email. They have passed my email on to the appropriate person(s). That said, I'm still not expecting anything to come of it. My word alone won't be enough.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Gullscorer 7 is a 7 in any european language. It is NOT 17.

I cross my 7 as many UK people do but it is NOT 17.

Cobb made a mistake. If he was not sure he had the Board in his hand for 5 minutes as Huxtable true to form took an age to allow the substitution and therefore he could have asked Vesey instead he made an assumption always dangerous.

Never assume you can be wrong! Cobb made the mistake and Huxtable did not ask to see the slip.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Isn't there something in this seasons rules for the National League about phone a hotline for things missed by the referee? They talked about it on the HE podcast recently. Something which sounded ridiculous at any rate.
I would say that the Conference people are the most likely to care as it is their product this referee is bringing in to disrepute.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Portugull, please read Ferrarilover's post again:

"Veysey favours a German seven, with a small adornment protruding downwards from the left hand tip of the uppermost horizontal line. This number is VERY clearly a seven, not a seven with a one in front of it."

Obviously this is not the number seven as normally written in England, but still very clearly a seven, not seventeen. That was one hell of a mistake by the official..!!

Even so, when dealing with such officials, it's perhaps wise to write the kind of seven normally written in England, to avoid any possibility, however small, of such an error.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Gullscorer I stick to my argument which ever way Kenny wrote his 7, a single digit number, Ben Cobb made a serious error in interpreting the number as 17 which is a double digit number. Cobb was clearly to blame.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

portugull wrote: Huxtable did not ask to see the slip.

I'm pretty sure I saw the fourth official showing a piece of paper to Huxtable.