FC Halifax Town v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Alley wrote:Sorry to say I was looking at a report about how Torquay are delighted with the 2 young loan players from bournemouth the report is good but they have in the report a photo of Quigley but the other photo is not josh Carmichael as I met him when he played for gosport v cambridge in the trophy final 2 years ago .

Oh dear. Have we signed a ringer (as opposed to a winger) ? :whistle:
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Does anyone know who will be "live" on Radio Devon this afternoon?

Please, please not ....... !!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

haven't got a clue Baygull, but, bearing in mind that our CEO is actually very popular with a number of people (including me) : why don't you just follow the match on Twitter, or on text reports from the BBC ? Sometimes there's good updates coming from the various forums as well.....Steve won't be doing many summaries this season I shouldn't think, he's a very busy bloke....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

leaving here in 90 mins for a meet at the sheffield tap before the 1050 train via leeds, rolls in to halifax at 1240.

frustrating that this is my first away game this season after being the final one of last too!! at least i'll remember my way about!

first port of call will hopefully be the big six inn and then wander across to enjoy the dubious delights of SNW's company!

its a game we could win, as last time out, but after the way we collapsed on tuesday, with a woeful display by all accounts i'm not quite so sure now! i'll plump for a narrow dull game with a late winner for us, fairhurst to score, 102 gulls there
still keeping the faith
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Alley wrote:Sorry to say I was looking at a report about how Torquay are delighted with the 2 young loan players from bournemouth the report is good but they have in the report a photo of Quigley but the other photo is not josh Carmichael as I met him when he played for gosport v cambridge in the trophy final 2 years ago .
You joined the forum two days after Carmichael signed on loan and most of your posts have been about him... You're not fooling anyone, Josh ;-)
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Given all that has gone on at the club recently, coupled with the difficult fixture list to the start of the new season, I thought we would only amass 6 points for the month of August. I seriously started thinking of revising this figure during 1/2 time interval against Wrexham however after the final whistle, my feet are now firmly back on the ground!

Any kind of a result today with no injuries or suspensions please!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Two changes from last week, Hurst makes his debut with Murombedzi out, and Briscoe in for Fenwick, apparently we're playing 3-4-1-2 as well. So a back line of Macdonald, Exodus and Smith.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Does anyone reckon Breedy rates this Hurst guy a bit?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Hurst looked a great signing in the preseason games he played in!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Great to see Hurst and Briscoe back in, early than many were expecting, hopefully that will make a difference, although as I type this Halifax appear to have had the first good chance.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Member_Rob

1-0 Angus!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Goal, Exodus long throw, MacDonald. Pleasing as reading the Halifax forum they were saying how awful Exodus was as a player. COYY :scarf:

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Well buggur it again. 1.1
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

coyy
TUST_Member_Rob

Hurst 2-1!!