Wrexham v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

I'm glad you posted again Rex, I meant to ask you if your club was planning on doing anything with the kop at one end? I know that it's not used due to safety concerns but it is a dreadful shame. Will it be knocked down and rebuilt or just left there?
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

Just looked at the highlights and sorry Keith Malone but I can't see what you said about Carmichael being at fault for the 1st Wrexham goal as it looks to me that the ball comes out of a challenge and both Carmichael and the defender who are in the box do not anticipate it coming their way and none of them are quick enough to get a foot to the ball or both are slightly to far away as for the booking the young lad got I agree with you it was harsh but I honestly believe this young side will come through,
I already see players who want to do well for Torquay and are disappointed when they don't unlike last year. ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Thanks for your thoughts Rex_Ham; yes there are some similarities between our clubs, though your support base seems to be bigger than ours. Last season's champs, by the way, if my memory serves, were Barnet; Bristol Rovers were promoted via the play-offs. Anyway, best of luck for the season ahead; Wrexham are overdue for a return to the Football League. And I'm optimistic we shall have a better season than the last three!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Alley wrote:Just looked at the highlights and sorry Keith Malone but I can't see what you said about Carmichael being at fault for the 1st Wrexham goal as it looks to me that the ball comes out of a challenge and both Carmichael and the defender who are in the box do not anticipate it coming their way and none of them are quick enough to get a foot to the ball or both are slightly to far away as for the booking the young lad got I agree with you it was harsh but I honestly believe this young side will come through,
I already see players who want to do well for Torquay and are disappointed when they don't unlike last year. ;-)

Looked like they both hesitated when a decisive intervention from either would have seen the ball cleared and then who knows how the game would have developed. A mistake from two players opened the door for Wrexham, who took full advantage. To suggest the Cox was at fault as above, is ridiculous.
TUST number 080
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

Lloyder5 I see you put my post up and said Paul Cox was not at fault as above if you read my post again I did not say at any point he was I have a lot of time for the manager as I went to the Macclesfield game expecting nothing from the game and I thought he had the young team working hard as well as putting fight into their game. The point I was trying to make was that the team are young however if we stick by them I am sure we will have more good performances from them than bad the other point I was making was that we were working hard all over the pitch last Saturday not like last year where certain individuals let us down with their work rate.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rex Ham - being realistic we have had two poor performances and got three points (when I guess we probably should have had one or no points)

You cannot claim that anything other than losing 3-1 at Bromley is a massively poor result so you are probably sitting with 3 points which is what you have deserved so far.

Noone is criticising our manager but its the standard of our performances so far which is worrying but only to be expected due to our current situation.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

But you did say you were beginning to question Cox's ability to motivate and pick a balanced team and I thought it was a bit early to have those questions, that's all.
Also, my point about the goal is mentioned by John Ramshaw in his interview on the OS.
TUST number 080
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

Hi lloydy5' please get your facts right it was chestertorky who slagged paul cox not me
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Alley wrote:Hi lloydy5' please get your facts right it was chestertorky who slagged paul cox not me
I wasn't talking about your post in the first place. It was the comment you refer to above that got me posting
TUST number 080
Rex_Ham
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Shinton

Post by Rex_Ham »

Hi all TUFC fans, sorry for the delayed reply but for some reason, I'm not getting any notifications of any thread activity!

First off, for @Orange Gull - the Kop looks awful as it is doesn't it? Such a shame because I can remember VERY recently being on there with '000's of others in EXACTLY the same config as it has now - it used be something like the 3/4th biggest Kop in all the leagues at about 12k capacity!

When we very, very nearly went under a few years ago when Hamilton tried to sell the ground from under our feet, the rescue package involved the nearby Uni buying the land and developing the site to include student accomodation (which you can see in the background now)

Phase 3 was 'supposed' to be the development of the Kop, to maintain the min requirement for International's of a 15k stadium capacity....The Racecourse is the oldest International stadium in the world btw... - but, for various reasons, it's never materialised, and so at the moment, we're left with that big ol' eyesore. Such a shame :(

While we're still in this poxy league, there's NO chance of anyone investing in redeveloping it now, so we're stuck with it for now.

As I said earlier though, as clubs, we're both similar with our doom-mongering, yet look at us both now...2 wins from 3 games and starting to sit pretty(ish).

FYI though, we TOTALLY dominated Aldershot today - from start to finish - and (doom mongering...) we should have thrashed them by 5 or 6 nil...but we didn't.

Torquay, after thinking the end of the world was nigh after Tues night's performance, won away from home today.

Thus highlight's the inconsistencies of this league, and (krap) level that we're both in ATM..... let's get outta here!! :lol:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thus highlight's the inconsistencies of this league, and (krap) level that we're both in ATM..... let's get outta here!! :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: