Torquay v Macclesfield Town-season opener.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Markh84 wrote:If you have a Gullsplayer subscription you can login and view over 4 minutes of highlights from Saturday's game.
http://www.player.torquayunited.com/last-match
Big Deal. If you have a Gulls Player subscription, you ought to be able to watch the whole match again, never mind highlights. :-/
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Gullscorer wrote: Big Deal. If you have a Gulls Player subscription, you ought to be able to watch the whole match again, never mind highlights. :-/
Interesting you should say that. Last year Lincoln were the only club (I think) that did just that; put the whole game up. I watched it and was pleased I could. They did a ten minute highlights package and the put the 45 minutes of the first and second half as separate videos. Required very little editing other than a few replays so I don't see why other clubs, including ourselves, don't do the same. I would definitely pay for gulllsplayer if whole match replays were available. For 4 minutes I don't think it's value for money.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Kit_robin wrote: Interesting you should say that. Last year Lincoln were the only club (I think) that did just that; put the whole game up. I watched it and was pleased I could. They did a ten minute highlights package and the put the 45 minutes of the first and second half as separate videos. Required very little editing other than a few replays so I don't see why other clubs, including ourselves, don't do the same. I would definitely pay for gulllsplayer if whole match replays were available. For 4 minutes I don't think it's value for money.

Good point, I have cancelled my subscription purely due to their lack of ability to do what they say they will when you pay ie: put the commentry on!

However if there were more extensive highlights it might induce my to re subscribe, although I doubt it.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Gullscorer wrote: Big Deal. If you have a Gulls Player subscription, you ought to be able to watch the whole match again, never mind highlights. :-/
How long after the match do you mean? An hour, a day, a week? There are probably contractual rights that BT Sport hold as well.

Even if the club could do this, it would probably mean an increase in the subscription fee as well because if they put the games on soon after they were played it could, in theory, "encourage" people to stay away.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

For highlights see the topic I started yesterday about BT Sport.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The best bit about the Lincoln game was the two northern monkeys commentating. Old Duane got scythed down when clean through, their bloke went off and they went on about it for the rest of the match as if it was the greatest injustice ever experienced by man. It was a blatant foul and a blatant red and they just kept at it, whinging on in their stupid ascents about the unfairness of it all. Typical bloody thick northern arseholes. They were definitely value for money.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"