FC Halifax v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well I'm sick of watching my team lose so I think I will support Torquay again next season, particularly as Chris Hargreaves has turned it around. Its taken him nine months to suss out these damn part timers but by god now he's done it he seems to be handing these minnows a right royal spanking week after week. Caught a bit of what Chris said on the radio tonight and of course he is right - the team has done bloody well considering the lack of resources he's got.
Leaving Pearce out for seven months certainly taught him a lesson, I mean now he has been reinstated and not playing like a useless git we get a clean sheet every match.
Tisdale? I call him Pissdale - give me CH everyday of the week.
A bloke called Daniel somebody or other scored for us today - buggered if I know who he is. Anyway Chris did a bloody good job offloading that useless bastard Jordan Chapple off to Grimsby.
I mean what a joke - they are going for promotion so the litle short arse has no chance up there. I guarantee he won't get on the pitch this season.... and one things for sure you won't see the little runts name on the scoresheet.
Happy days.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

You can be sacastic as you want. You never start supporting Exeter or watch them when previously being a Torquay fan. Imagine a man utd fan suddenly supporting Liverpool , it doesn't happen . You may joke about it Brucie/terry or whatever your name is. But you have lost respect. Carry on supporting Torquay , I don't care as I no longer care what you post.
Lucy
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

lucy6lucy wrote:You can be sacastic as you want. You never start supporting Exeter or watch them when previously being a Torquay fan. Imagine a man utd fan suddenly supporting Liverpool , it doesn't happen . You may joke about it Brucie/terry or whatever your name is. But you have lost respect. Carry on supporting Torquay , I don't care as I no longer care what you post.
Lucy you do many excellent posts .... but you do care what Brucie posts otherwise you would not have responded.

He is a Torquay fan .... end of really. Privately he would agree with your Man U / Liverpool example. But don't expect him to say that.

Bloody good unexpected win today on what I understand was a ploughed field, and good on all those who actually went.

I went to Point to Point racing which I walked to (5 miles mind! ;-) ) but couldn't imagine dragging myself off to Halifax after the season we have endured. I do though admire those who will still do it.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Neal wrote:well well well, 3 wins in a row. There were postings on here a few weeks back saying they couldn't see us winning anymore this season and we were heading for the conference. :)
I think I know what you mean Neil but damned confusing as we are in the Conference. ;-)

I think three to four more seasons and then upwards rather than downwards. Who knows mind? But that is hope triumphing over experience! ;-)
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

I need to go more often - been to 4 Northern away games this season (Lincoln Grimsby Alfreton and Halifax) 3 wins, the only debacle was the televised loss at Alfreton.
Arrived early at the ground and was afforded some good hospitality - free Pie and mushy peas when purchasing a pint in the Shay Bar- made to feel very welcome by the Halifax locals.
128 Gulls at the game, giving good vocal support (once it got going) - plentiful choruses of 'Yellow Army' and SNW's 'sort it out Hargreaves' - what was quite odd was the recorded / piped home support over the tannoy system!
It was good to see the Gulls closing down quickly throughout the game, not allowing Halifax to control the ball on a very difficult playing surface.
Lavercombe produced a point blank save in the first half and a very good save with his feet in the second half, spreading himself well. He commanded his area and looked safe and assured coming for crosses - his kicking was good too.
Campbell's goal not only bamboozled their keeper, but most of the Gulls Fans, Most of us thought he had fluffed his kick wide of the goal - but after totally miskicking it, it trickled into the net.
Daniel's goal was the complete opposite - a 35 yard Free Kick pile driver / screamer - as already mentioned, worth the entry fee itself. Certainly one of the best Torquay goals I've ever seen.
The Players certainly enjoyed celebrating the win after, with the travelling Gulls.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

brucie wrote:Well I'm sick of watching my team lose so I think I will support Torquay again next season, particularly as Chris Hargreaves has turned it around. Its taken him nine months to suss out these damn part timers but by god now he's done it he seems to be handing these minnows a right royal spanking week after week. Caught a bit of what Chris said on the radio tonight and of course he is right - the team has done bloody well considering the lack of resources he's got.
Leaving Pearce out for seven months certainly taught him a lesson, I mean now he has been reinstated and not playing like a useless git we get a clean sheet every match.
A bloke called Daniel somebody or other scored for us today - buggered if I know who he is. Anyway Chris did a bloody good job offloading that useless bastard Jordan Chapple off to Grimsby.
I mean what a joke - they are going for promotion so the litle short arse has no chance up there. I guarantee he won't get on the pitch this season.... and one things for sure you won't see the little runts name on the scoresheet.
Happy days.
Brucie, you're either a Greek now or still a Gull? I know it's hard but you need to make up your mind. Either way I don't see the point of posts like this. I think many Gulls fans recognise that CH has done a pretty unremarkable effort of managing Torquay even allowing for his inexperience and the difficult circumstances on and off the field.

I think that many Gulls fans recognise that most new additions to the playing staff from now on are probably going to be players we've never heard of. Daniel being one of them. He scored a belter by all accounts today so might have SOME talent at least so maybe CH has an eye for the unknowns? I doubt it but you can't rule it out.

I think that many Gulls fans recognise that Jordan Chappell is either: a) a talented player who just hasn't produced the goods at TQ1 or b) totally shite. I'm in the latter camp but we all know that signing Jordan has been almost a bigger waste of time than when Bodin was signed so it's not news.

I totally understand the bitterness you have towards TUFC and I was the same, the rants will gradually become fewer and further between as you reach closure on this chapter of your life and open a new red and white striped one. But in the meantime stop **** posting negative shit just so you can try and spoil a positive day for TUFC!!

I don't for one moment believe that any Torquay fan thinks that because results have improved of late then it papers over the cracks sufficiently enough to expect more next season but it's a great away win and just let people enjoy it man. Why not just praise everyone for a job well done including fans that made it there today? Ok, accept the realization that CH is a bit of a dufus, accept that most of the players need to be registering on the Jobcentreplus website in a few weeks time, accept that the board members who put the club to shame are still in attendance, accept the stewarding is still a lot more robust than you would like, accept that the matchday experience is shocking for the price paid and accept that you've had enough as most fans have.

But most importantly of all, accept that you aren't yellow anymore and the concerns of the club don't now matter to you like they matter to all the remaining TUFC fans you've left behind. Move on Brucie and have some respect for those fans who don't feel the urge to jump ship like you and I. Just as I expect the Torquay fans to respect our decisions for doing so then we should also respect their decision to continue their support even if we think they are wrong. It's not our business anymore to keep posting our angst at the club and i'd like to think i'm past that. They do their thing and we go and do ours.

I've had a bit of a rant lately about the lack of people joining the trust, mainly because I feel it's a lifeline that cannot be passed over and it frustrates me that one day the lack of interest may become a huge issue but apart from that I am happy now to come on and ignore my old angry side and express my delight at a good Torquay result or that someone involved with the club has done something special such as the fundraising for that poor little lad who was poorly last season. I won't now come on otherwise. Cue the cheers.

I've no idea if Exeter will be the key to the door you've been searching for Brucie but lets stop the noisy neighbour stuff eh? It's not most of the Torquay fans on here that we have an issue with but just the way the club has been mismanaged these past years. Let the people responsible for this have all the vitriol and spite and NOT the fans who are having to find something deep within themselves, something we couldn't muster, to keep on going for the sake of the club despite being kicked to the ground and having to get up again nearly every week for the past 3 years.

Glad everyone who went today had a good day out and that is ultimately what it's all about.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Hope you are OK Tony? (Donnygull). Miss our little chats mate and hope the lad is alright. Donny having a bad end to the season and all that! ;-)
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DonnyGull50 »

Yorkieandy wrote:Hope you are OK Tony? (Donnygull). Miss our little chats mate and hope the lad is alright. Donny having a bad end to the season and all that! ;-)
Sent you a PM Andy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

DonnyGull50 wrote: Sent you a PM Andy
Replied to.

Cheers Tony. :-D

Did you enjoy walking up the hill today at Halifax? Last time I went all I remember is a load of hills to walk up! I think I parked near the hospital half way up a hill. Halifax eh? :-/
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Don't let the last few wins hide the fact the squad is a shambles and the manager is a clueless charlatan
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dutchgull wrote:Don't let the last few wins hide the fact the squad is a shambles and the manager is a clueless charlatan
I presume you'll be suitably embarrassed when, against all the odds, he leads us to promotion next season.. :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:Well I'm sick of watching my team lose so I think I will support Torquay again next season, particularly as Chris Hargreaves has turned it around. Its taken him nine months to suss out these damn part timers but by god now he's done it he seems to be handing these minnows a right royal spanking week after week. Caught a bit of what Chris said on the radio tonight and of course he is right - the team has done bloody well considering the lack of resources he's got.
Happy days.
Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I laughed my bollocks off just now when I read this (and then laughed some more when I saw the reaction)

Don't say this very often Terry, but well played sir, well played.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Another win. Another clean sheet.

It'll be another quiet week in here then. Some people can't bear to give any praise whatsoever, yet delight in coming on here the second the whistle goes to signal a loss....

Finishing strongly - alas too late, but glimpses of what could be next season.
There are some that seem to revel in a defeat but I think most of us just feel there is very little to say.

It was a nothing game and it was a glorious day in Torquay so most have probably enjoyed the result and then sank a few beers in the sun. No need to get carried away or let off some steam on here yesterday.

It's no consequence that there is more traffic on here after a home defeat...the forum serves as a great medium to let out the frustration and saves multiple cats from being kicked and significant others from having to listen to our complaining!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Happy days.
This wasn't funny, hes taking the piss, winding people up because he is an obnoxious no hoper who cannot even congratulate the team he supposedly supports when they win 3 in a row. Its very easy to criticize and poke fun, I could do it all day on many things in life, BUT its harder to try, stay positive and support MUCH Harder. He is a Grecian that's a fact, he has stated it many times. He WONT support us next year, he will deride every loss and try and bring the club down. PATHETIC Character!
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

stefano wrote: I think I know what you mean Neil but damned confusing as we are in the Conference. ;-)

I think three to four more seasons and then upwards rather than downwards. Who knows mind? But that is hope triumphing over experience! ;-)
Bloody hell made two big boobs in that post then, must proof read in future. Oh well!!

My gut feeling (based on nothing really as Football is a funny game :) ) and we don't know anything about new owners etc but wouldn't be surprised if your right about 3 or 4 more seasons treading water. But that's why football is entertaining, because none of us really know.
TUST MEMBER