FC Halifax v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

stefano wrote: Lucy you do many excellent posts .... but you do care what Brucie posts otherwise you would not have responded.

He is a Torquay fan .... end of really. Privately he would agree with your Man U / Liverpool example. But don't expect him to say that.

Bloody good unexpected win today on what I understand was a ploughed field, and good on all those who actually went.

I went to Point to Point racing which I walked to (5 miles mind! ;-) ) but couldn't imagine dragging myself off to Halifax after the season we have endured. I do though admire those who will still do it.
Posh git!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

mmm big boobs!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i liked the continuous announcement "would the yellow team leader please report to" wherever!
still keeping the faith
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Don't be fooled by Harding he knows he has no where else to go.
If he is retained he will be back to being injured for most of the season and making little contribution when he does play.
Get rid.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I don't care what anyone says - I support brucie!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Neal - Just so you don't spend the rest of your summer frothing at the mouth and getting yourself into a state, I havn't actually watched Exeter play once this season. Incidentally, I havn't watched Torquay since the Wrexham semi final either!
As most people seem to have cottoned onto it was all a wind up but its quite hilarious waiting for your replies. Now does that make you feel better, you can calm down a bit now.
Are you Chris Hargreaves wife posting under an assumed name though? (or indeed Ben Hardings other half?) because if you think the serial waster is going to get retained because we have won a couple of meaningless games (which are equivalent to pre season friendlies) then you are barking mad.
Halifax have missed out on the play offs so had nothing to play for yesterday so an away victory was always on the cards.
As for Farcegreaves? congratulate him? yeah right - we have been absolute garbage for three quarters of the season.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Gullscorer wrote: I presume you'll be suitably embarrassed when, against all the odds, he leads us to promotion next season.. :)
Believe me I am looking forward to being embarrassed !! :lol: :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:i liked the continuous announcement "would the yellow team leader please report to" wherever!
You've forgot to mention the green team leader.... :no:
You one sided yellow team leader fan Bix.... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:mmm big boobs!
Pardon? 8-o
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: Pardon? 8-o
If it's of any help, I looked up the word 'boob' in the dictionary. 'Big boobs' means 'big cock-ups'.. :)

Of course, up north they speak a different language... :-/
Last edited by Gullscorer on 19 Apr 2015, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

brucie wrote:Neal - Just so you don't spend the rest of your summer frothing at the mouth and getting yourself into a state, I havn't actually watched Exeter play once this season. Incidentally, I havn't watched Torquay since the Wrexham semi final either! Are you Chris Hargreaves wife posting under an assumed name though? (or indeed Ben Hardings other half?) because if you think the serial waster is going to get retained because we have won a couple of meaningless games (which are equivalent to pre season friendlies) then you are barking mad.
Halifax have missed out on the play offs so had nothing to play for yesterday so an away victory was always on the cards.
As for Farcegreaves? congratulate him? yeah right - we have been absolute garbage for three quarters of the season.
**** hilarious.

Either it WAS a real wind up and you're an extremely understimulated individual or you DID have the intention of supporting Exeter then realised you'd changed your mind and made the excuse that it was a wind up to save face. Either way it's a pretty tragic tale of events.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

It wasn't a wind up, you have been calling people on here Knobheads and idiots for ages (if they have the audacity to disagree with you), you have realised you were wrong and want to worm your way back, you are one of those characters (and there are plenty of them) at work places etc etc who just moan and moan with the intention of being destructive.

And if your now saying ALL your moaning over the last x years has ALL been wind up, PATHETIC!
TUST MEMBER
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Its been pretty clear from the beginning that brucie becoming an Exeter fan was a wind up, and its pretty clear that a lot of what he writes are wind ups.

Also, a lots of his moans, when not tongue in cheek, are valid. The reason he goes over the top with his criticism is because people react, and it does make the forum a more entertaining place.

Back on topic, 3 wins on the bounce give us some hope that next season won't be a disastrous struggle and to be honest that is probably enough for me next year. This year I've come to checking the result at some point on a Saturday evening and shrugging off the defeat as inevitable. I think many have felt that way. Watching the Football League Show made me long for that buzz of having a competitive team to support who get you excited from time to time, and that simply hasn't happened for 3 years.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

These three back to back wins are welcome indeed, CH said he wouldn't experiment he'd go for the points, he has done that, and so far achieved it, so he does deserve some credit for that. But, and there is a but here, pressure off, playing against sides that may or may not have placed so much importance on results as we have, puts these results into some perspective, so like I said in September when the team won 6 on the spin, some caution has to placed on these results, I do not at this point see them as corner turning results, I was at the Lincoln game, our performance was generally very poor, they just happened to worse, however, these results, should add some momentum.

This season for the large part has been a shambles, and when fans post that opinion there not telling lies, we've lost 16 games so far, our results against bottom 8 teams have been absolutely shocking to be honest, so there's a lot of work to do in the summer to avoid a repeat of this season.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Damn it Neal - you have me sussed out after all. Yes you are quite right. I own up. I have been an Exeter supporter for three weeks. Look I've made a mistake, please forgive me. I don't like it at St James Park. I don't want to support a team whose manager dresses like Stirling Moss. I have seen the error of my ways.
Even Scott laughed at one of my posts - I must be doing something right so surely you can find it in your heart to forgive and forget.
:O :O :O