FC Halifax v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I actually think Harding could be an asset to a conference side if he could be kept fit.

I am certain he hasn't wanted to be sidelined for as much of his Torquay spell as he has. Unfortunately every time he has started to get a run in the team going he has got injured. That's not his fault, and the amount of criticism he gets for being injured is ridiculous.

I don't think he will be with us next year as he will want more in wages than we will offer - I reckon he will be one of those players who just didn't exceed at Torquay but go on to do well elsewhere.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And who exactly is going to pay him more money than he is on now? Whats life like on fantasy island?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

leetufc wrote: I reckon he will be one of those players who just didn't exceed at Torquay but go on to do well elsewhere.
But he did exceed. His wages have vastly exceeded what he's bliddy well worth. :whistle:
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Oh Brucie, fancied a bit of fishing?

I don't remember anyone suggesting he would get more than he was earning now?

Harding played 17 league games last season and 13 so far this season, therefore its difficult to assess his ability fairly as he has never had a run in the team through bad luck of injuries. I feel he is being criticised by association with two poor seasons as much as actual ability, when his performances have had little to do with how bad we have played.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I don't think we can continue to carry a player who has played less than 1 in 3 games for us in the last two seasons. You can say bad luck and injuries but (regardless of potential from showings at previous clubs) we cannot continue to gamble on paying someone who has mostly warmed the physio table in his time here.
Truth told - when he has been in the team he has never shown the form to indicate he brings anything 'special' to the table.
On paper a decent player but on paper Cruise, Benyon, Tonge, and Hawley (who scored 11 goals in a relegated team in the division above the season before he joined us) all looked league standard and we all know how they turned out.
Best for both parties for him to try his luck elsewhere.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

[quote="leetufc"]I actually think Harding could be an asset to a conference side if he could be kept fit.
I don't think he will be with us next year as he will want more in wages than we will offer .[/quote
but Brucie says 'And who exactly is going to pay him more money than he is on now? Whats life like on fantasy island?'

slipping Brucie ! Shudda gone to Specsavers!(Other opticians are available)
We WILL OFFER him about £ 300 a week & I shudda to think what he is on now, but someone else may want to take a punt on getting him fit enough for more than 5 games a season, & offer him £ 305. I think he's a reasonable player, but don't think we can afford to gamble on him not getting injured again.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Think Harding will be with us next season...
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Think Harding will be with us next season...
No chance
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

anyone got a link to any highlights yet, cancelled my subs to gullsplayer when we went down
still keeping the faith
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

I personally can't wait to see the back of Harding. For me he typifies the general type of player we have at the club at the moment. A player that has seen bigger and better things in higher leagues and has problems motivating themselves on a Tuesday night in Welling.
This is my perception of why this season has gone badly wrong. Arrogant players thinking they belong elsewhere at a higher level. Well if you're playing in a team that has taken 0 points off Telford and 1 off Alfreton etc, then you should be embarrassed, not arrogant.

Harding is a player who doesn't really appear to have any attributes. He doesn't influence games, doesn't have a positive, calming effect on games and just drifts through 90 minutes, when he's fit. He's been a drain on our resources. He's not alone in that respect of course, but talk of keeping him is about as fanciful as talk of keeping Cameron. He's the worst of this example.
I'm not sure what team is going to take him on after us and if I'm completely honest, I don't care.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:anyone got a link to any highlights yet, cancelled my subs to gullsplayer when we went down
The highlights aren't up yet, the uploading schedule is pretty erratic this season.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Orange Gull wrote: The highlights aren't up yet, the uploading schedule is pretty erratic this season.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

My God that pitch. Yikes.

First goal was indeed as hilarious as all had described.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

bixieupnorth wrote:anyone got a link to any highlights yet, cancelled my subs to gullsplayer when we went down

Good move! Trust me you haven't missed anything, it's always down, cancelled mine a while when I joined the trust.

Heard today that BT Sport is going to cover more of the conference next season not sure how true it is but hope so though.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Amazed the league allows Halifax to play on such an abysmal surface! The first goal, what a fluke, on a decent pitch it would have been a shocking finish. Amazing second though more than makes up for the first!