Torquay v Lincoln Tue 14th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Good result!
TUST MEMBER
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Another win
Another clean sheet
12 th spot in the table...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Did the double over them and top half of the table!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Back from the game, just being honest, a very poor game between two very poor teams. But a win, is a win, and it was nice to win a game from a goal that shouldn't have stood as the ball was clearly moving when the free kick was taken, but again we'll take that, first time I'd seen Lavercombe, yes this lad seems to have a fair bot of potential, was he really man of the match, I suppose in a game that lacked quality passion and desire, who else. Crowd figure a joke, they must add in season tickets holders who weren't there, no way was there 1200 in the ground tonight.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SWgull wrote:Another win. At this rate people will start saying Hargreaves knows what he's doing!
Some of us have been saying that all season, often to much ridicule.

Yeah, a couple of wins doesn't make a season, but maybe, just maybe, there is a small glimmer of light beginning to emerge.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You'd like to think so Scott, but I was at the game, and it really was dross from both sides. well at least Yoeman normal end of season goal will no doubt earn him another 1 year deal, his finishing was some way better than Campbell's on the night, which to be fair wasn't difficult.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

forevertufc wrote:Back from the game, just being honest, a very poor game between two very poor teams. But a win, is a win, and it was nice to win a game from a goal that shouldn't have stood as the ball was clearly moving when the free kick was taken, but again we'll take that, first time I'd seen Lavercombe, yes this lad seems to have a fair bot of potential, was he really man of the match, I suppose in a game that lacked quality passion and desire, who else. Crowd figure a joke, they must add in season tickets holders who weren't there, no way was there 1200 in the ground tonight.
MoTM clearly Downes, headed away long balls all evening easily and had the sense to get a good assist with the free kick
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

forevertufc wrote:You'd like to think so Scott, but I was at the game, and it really was dross from both sides. well at least Yoeman normal end of season goal will no doubt earn him another 1 year deal, his finishing was some way better than Campbell's on the night, which to be fair wasn't difficult.
I know what you're saying Dave, and I'm sure it wasn't pleasant viewing, but dross and a win is better than dross and a loss, or even playing fantastically well, dominating the game entirely and losing.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Some of us have been saying that all season, often to much ridicule.

Yeah, a couple of wins doesn't make a season, but maybe, just maybe, there is a small glimmer of light beginning to emerge.
Let us hope so, we need some light at the end of this tunnel.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Back from the game, just being honest, a very poor game between two very poor teams. But a win, is a win, and it was nice to win a game from a goal that shouldn't have stood as the ball was clearly moving when the free kick was taken, but again we'll take that, first time I'd seen Lavercombe, yes this lad seems to have a fair bot of potential, was he really man of the match, I suppose in a game that lacked quality passion and desire, who else. Crowd figure a joke, they must add in season tickets holders who weren't there, no way was there 1200 in the ground tonight.
I AGREE :keepie:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

[quote="Southampton Gull"]Im.out there but only catching tiddlers at the moment ;-)[/quote

Yes you have made me laugh! :keepie:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: I know what you're saying Dave, and I'm sure it wasn't pleasant viewing, but dross and a win is better than dross and a loss, or even playing fantastically well, dominating the game entirely and losing.
That's a fair point. Also Roar makes a fair point about Downes, however easily missed in such a forgettable game.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

SWgull wrote:Another win. At this rate people will start saying Hargreaves knows what he's doing!
NO CAN'T BE.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Disappointing game but as we said Saturday a win is a win but Hargreaves took so long making the substitution it may never have happened. I don't think that he made the right substitution and perhaps should have taken off Daniel as he had an off day. Keeper did not have much to do but coped with everything required of him. Harding once again the best midfielder on show and I wonder why he's looking better now, he is slimmer! I do wonder about the fitness of the players. Terrible game
:keepie:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

:goodpost:

Terrible game and there is no way the crowd was 1200.

Got home at 11pm and just happy that there's only one more trip to Plainmoor to endure this season.

For the first time ever, I abstained from voting for POTY tonight. I just cannot think of anybody who has "shone". Never felt so disillusioned with United and looking forward to the break.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.