Torquay v Dartford

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Torquay v Dartford

Post by Dave »

As the season draws to a close, and that can't come soon enough for most. Saturday the team starts it's last run of six games with the visit Dartford FC to plainmoor, Dartford a team reprieved form relegation last season, start their own six game run-in eleven points behind safety, and look almost certain to drop out of the conference premier this time around.

In the head to head our unspectacular 0.0 bore fest at princess park early in the season is the only previous meeting between the two clubs. Dartford have recently added Jordan Chiedozie on loan from Cambridge, Jordan is the son of former Nigerian international and spurs player John Chiedozie.

Jordan Chiedozie came through the youth ranks at Bournemouth, before loan moves to Dorchester, AFC Totton and Poole Town, Jordan would make his loan move to Poole Town permanent in 2014, after a short stay Jordan moved to Concord Rangers where an impressive 6 goals in 12 games earn't him a move to League 2 Cambridge United, after 6 games for the U's Jordan Chiedozie took a loan move to Dartford already having an impact scoring 1 goal in 2 games so far, at 20 could still go far in game and certainly one to watch Saturday.

Dartford's current away form reads; W-D-D-W-L-D overall form reads; L-W-L-D-L-D.

Last time out Dartford gained an impressive 1.1 draw with Gateshead and lined up as follows;

21 Ibrahim
19 Driver
04 McAuley
15 Collier
03 Richards
05 Bradbrook
07 Hayes (Pugh - 76' )
16 Sweeney
09 Daley (Harris - 77' )
17 Crawford
33 Chiedozie Booked

From a Torquay point of view, Duane Ofori-Acheampong has been away on compassionate leave for a while now, It is absolutely right that no further details regarding this situation have been released, whilst I do not know what's happened, I personally would like to send him and his family best wishes and hope to see him back with us soon. Both Louis Briscoe and Ryan Bowman have been suffering from injuries of late, both may or may not miss this game, Luke Young however starts what I believe to be a three match ban.

Torquay's current home form reads; L-D-L-L-L-W overall form reads; L-D-L-W-L-L

Last time out Torquay suffered a 2.1 away defeat at Southport and lined up as follows;

01 Rice
26 Gueguen
04 Downes Booked
11 Cameron
08 Young Dismissed
05 Pearce
10 Ajala
22 McQuilkin
29 Dawson (Yeoman - 74' )
07 Briscoe (Harding - 15' )
09 Bowman (Daniel - 55' )

This season had already turned into a disaster long before recent off field events have stole the headlines, something that will not be forgotten by me, the off field situation can not be allowed to form a distraction from our final run of fixtures, this is a perfect opportunity for Chis Hargreaves to develop a siege mentality around the squad and turn a negative into a positive.

There are still six to play, eighteen points to fight for, what are you (CH) and your squad going to about that ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Duane is one booking away from having ten yellow cards and, therefore, earning a suspension. He has to avoid being booked in the next three games, until the 12 April, when there is a cut off.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Easter weekend - you'd normally expect a crowd of over 2000 but I suspect we'll be lucky to see 1400 against lowly Dartford and our poor form. Does anyone know if loan-signing Reid is still with us? He hasn't been in the squad for the last two matches even though we're short of strikers and both Bowman and Briscoe have been carrying injuries. Prediction for this one? 2 - 0 ...... but not confident !
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote:Easter weekend - you'd normally expect a crowd of over 2000 but I suspect we'll be lucky to see 1400 against lowly Dartford and our poor form. Does anyone know if loan-signing Reid is still with us? He hasn't been in the squad for the last two matches even though we're short of strikers and both Bowman and Briscoe have been carrying injuries. Prediction for this one? 2 - 0 ...... but not confident !

Reid went back after his initial 1 month loan, it was on .com
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Reid went back after his initial 1 month loan, it was on .com
Cheers, PR - I'd missed that. He really made an impression, then ! :whistle:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Just hope Hargreaves picks a side that is acceptable to my views so that I can enjoy a game of football. I'm not fussey but just want to see a good game for a change.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

arcadia wrote:Just hope Hargreaves picks a side that is acceptable to my views so that I can enjoy a game of football. I'm not fussey but just want to see a good game for a change.
With all due respect, I'd rather he put out a side that wins, regardless of whether it is acceptable to your views.

STIP
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I don't know what to expect from this. Hopefully a win, although I wouldn't put any money on it.

I'll go for a bore 1-1 draw, where we just lump it forward at every opportunity. I hope CH tries to get the players to play FOOTball and actually move it about, we are so much better as a result.

Also I would like to add, seeing as this is Thea's first home game since her announcement to leave her role early, I thought it would be a nice touch from the fans if on the 8th minute (seeing as she has funded the club for 8 years) that we do a minutes applause and a "One Thea Bristow" and "One Paul Bristow" chant, seeing as she is leaving us debt free for new owners to come in and has continued to fund the club at her expense.

Think it would be a nice touch from the fans in my opinion.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Agree that would be a nice touch on 8 minutes. I reckon we'll win today. Just got that feeling, even though key players are out or doubtful.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

2-0 (Gueguen, Ajala)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Scott Brehaut wrote: With all due respect, I'd rather he put out a side that wins, regardless of whether it is acceptable to your views.
Yes I will go along with you on that but I have been pissed offffffffffff the last few games and maybe want to enjoy it and yes I could not care less about my views but I think that if they were adopted we'd stand a better chance of winning.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Rjc70 wrote:Agree that would be a nice touch on 8 minutes. I reckon we'll win today. Just got that feeling, even though key players are out or doubtful.
I can't see us winning today at all....

:)

STIP
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: I can't see us winning today at all....

:)
Good point. Well made. :| :)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

TUFC (0) 0
Dartford (3) 5

Att: 1,004

Riot at Plainmoor after the match. Hargreaves sacked.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

wivelgull wrote:TUFC (0) 0
Dartford (3) 5

Att: 1,004

Riot at Plainmoor after the match. Hargreaves sacked.
Is that what you think will happen, or what you want to happen? Being Brucie's disciple, I guess the latter.