Torquay v Dartford

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yeovilgull wrote:Some good posts above.

Forever managed to confuse me with the maths (not difficult) saying we should have averaged 3-4 points a game against the lower teams.
:rofl: Ha, ha, I meant 3-4 points from each double header. I seemed to have confused myself, now that really isn't difficult :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Good post as usual. I can accept that we are not good enough. I can accept that we have too many players who are seeing out there contracts, and I can accept that we are not good enough to mount a promotion challenge.
What I cannot stomach thought is our continual failure to beat part time teams.
What on earth does Hargreaves do in training all week? - the bloke was a great pro, an excellent footballer but as a manager he is actually beyond belief. He is truly shocking,awful,clueless.
I have watched Torquay through the Webb and Roberts era's. God that was bad.
However the one excuse was that we were actually playing better opposition.
We have fallen to the lowest of the low. It is pathetic. Even yesterdays commentators were openly scornful of the situation.
The only thing that Hargreaves is good at is bullshitting. I would respect him more if he would just come out and say that he has failed miserably and the team has let the fans down.
Anyone I am off to Exeter tomorrow to see some proper football with a proper manager.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote:Good post as usual. I can accept that we are not good enough. I can accept that we have too many players who are seeing out there contracts, and I can accept that we are not good enough to mount a promotion challenge.
What I cannot stomach thought is our continual failure to beat part time teams.
What on earth does Hargreaves do in training all week? - the bloke was a great pro, an excellent footballer but as a manager he is actually beyond belief. He is truly shocking,awful,clueless.
I have watched Torquay through the Webb and Roberts era's. God that was bad.
However the one excuse was that we were actually playing better opposition.
We have fallen to the lowest of the low. It is pathetic. Even yesterdays commentators were openly scornful of the situation.
The only thing that Hargreaves is good at is bullshitting. I would respect him more if he would just come out and say that he has failed miserably and the team has let the fans down.
Anyone I am off to Exeter tomorrow to see some proper football with a proper manager.
Everything you say up to the last sentence is perfectly reasonable. You didn't need to say that last point though, and that is why you pi55 off so many people on here. We are utterly crap, Hargreaves has failed badly, we are a shambles, but rubbing our noses in your admiration of a club that most of us can't abide is really not needed. I am sure that you love the Gulls as much as the rest of us, but you have a funny way of showing it. If Torquay ever went to the wall, I would give up on football completely and watch rugby, I couldn't support another team, let alone a team that I still regard as rivals.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 05 Apr 2015, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Yes Brucie, Jimmy Dack must be a decent Manager having got unfancied Newport to 6th in the table not sure what style of football they play though!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: When he posts in the way he does I am sure it is because he is hurting inside at what our club has become. ;-)
That really is a very fair and great post, Stefano. Many of Brucie's posts (about 60%) are well reasoned - it's the other 40% where he calls posters who don't agree with his views 'idiots', 'cretins' or the like, or is over critical of players, especially Martin Rice, that makes himself unpopular. I'm sure you, like me, are hurting inside when you think of the good times at Plainmoor and now see the club rudder-less from top to bottom and 16th in the Conference but we don't resort to abusing other posters or players on here.

Thank God for that good run of results early in the season. If it wasn't for those points, we'd be down with Dartford and Telford because we're no better than them.