Southport v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:The major question is, are there any prospective new owners?
You don't care, nothing better to do seeing as exeter could only draw at home to Morecambe?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:League position acceptable? I predicted it. It was obvious to me a couple of years ago that Baker and Phillips were steering us towards the inevitable. Just because they tried to push Thea into the limelight to shield themselves from blame doesn't excuse their role in all of this. We had a chance to move forwards but their blinkered outlook and amateurish decisions propelled us to where we now find ourselves. Blame Hargreaves all you like but the rot set in long before he was handed the managers job.

As for Eastleigh, like I've tried to point out before, they are building solid foundations and they will be a league club long before we have a chance of saying it again.
You may be right about the past but Hargreaves decision making has been poor. :keepie: As bad as Baker and Phillips so perhaps they all should go.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not Hargreaves fault - really he is a tactical genius.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

brucie wrote:Its not Hargreaves fault - really he is a tactical genius.
Give him a BRUCIE bonus then!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

brucie wrote:Its not Hargreaves fault - really he is a tactical genius.
Give him a BRUCIE bonus then!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Some excellent posts by a few there. As yellowsmiffy points out we will now have to wait and see what happens in the summer but when the only current offer seems to be a bunch of previous partial investors who wanted to walk away then I am seriously concerned. My concern will deepen should a current heavily involved non investing vulture decide the time is now right to put his money forward, for then my doomsday prediction will really start to happen. Let's wait and see.

CP's outline of CH's total lack of professionalism is spot on the money IMO, and suggests to me he does little or nothing "team wise" during the week. Perhaps any new management should install a "clocking in" machine at the training ground!
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Some excellent posts by a few there. As yellowsmiffy points out we will now have to wait and see what happens in the summer but when the only current offer seems to be a bunch of previous partial investors who wanted to walk away then I am seriously concerned. My concern will deepen should a current heavily involved non investing vulture decide the time is now right to put his money forward, for then my doomsday prediction will really start to happen. Let's wait and see.

CP's outline of CH's total lack of professionalism is spot on the money IMO, and suggests to me he does little or nothing "team wise" during the week. Perhaps any new management should install a "clocking in" machine at the training ground!
Why would any single investor/director decide to spend thousands of pounds a week propping up a failing football club that are getting worse by the week?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yong is actually Korean. United signed him on Friday from Hangshan Rovers of the South Korean Professional League (Division 3). His full name is Yong Kim Lee.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Neal wrote:Ah the pattern is back. We lose and certain contributors return
In fairness this season they haven't been given the chance to go away ;-)
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Sorry, put this is in another wrong thread

When Chris came to the club as manager, he made a big point of saying he was attracting players as much on their character and how they fit in as their talent. I cannot remember exactly what he said but it was down those lines

Looking back I thought this was inexperienced manager talk. In business and in football , it is not a popularity contest, and especially in football it is raw talent that counts.

Over the years we have had some real "spanners" play for us, the likes of Chris Zebroski and Matt Green come to find in recent years, difficult to manage agreed, but you avoid players like that at your peril.

I have said on this forum before that I think CH's biggest problem is that he is the lover of some players, get's on well with most others and therefore manages very few.

I am only watching from the side-lines, like most of us, but "ego driven!" assertive, arrogant players can sometimes help to drive the dressing room
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Board room instability
Poor management
Disheartened squad
Conceeding poor goals
Players indiscipline
Poor decision making when a scoring opportunity do arise
Fans abusing players
Players offering fans out
500 fans gone walkabout
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

This has to be rock bottom, hasn't it?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: