Woking v Torquay TUE 24TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:Plainmooroar and Scotty - you really are a couple of fools. Great result for me I bet on Woking when they were two nil down and made an absolute packet so am pleased as punch. In fact that will more than pay for my season ticket to Exeter next year.
As well as conceding three they also hit the post twice.
As has been said many times this is the WORST Torquay team this side of nagasaki. The only hope is that we get in a new owner and this clown Hargreaves will have his arse kicked right up the A38 whilst holding his P45.
There it is, took longer than i thought!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:Plainmooroar and Scotty - you really are a couple of fools. Great result for me I bet on Woking when they were two nil down and made an absolute packet so am pleased as punch. In fact that will more than pay for my season ticket to Exeter next year.
I think we should show a community spirit and warn the St James Park stewards that you're coming their way ...... :whistle:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got back in.

Right... we didn't "batter" them 1st half lets get that one out of the way, we were the better team yes, not by much, they did hit the post twice. Bowman could have made it 3, how the goalkeeper kept his hand that strong and saved it I don't know,as he really hit it

Second half was a complete shambles, terrible football.

I took a work colleague and he doesn't know anything about Torquay, but said what the hell did the manager say at half time as all we did was hoof ball. It was really bad stuff. We just didn't turn up for the 2nd half.

This Brucie chap, isn't a Torquay fan, gloating in defeat, he is an Exeter City fan so ignore him, you get these idiots from time to time, just trying to wind us up and take the piss.
TUST MEMBER
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote: I think we should show a community spirit and warn the St James Park stewards that you're coming their way ...... :whistle:
:goodpost:

A good point, the tufc stewards will be loving it!

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

The good, the bad and the ugly. That's how I can sum up tonight's performance.

The good: Our first 25 minutes were as good as I've seen us this season. We passed the ball and scored two good goals. Yes granted we got lucky with Woking hitting the post twice but to be honest it was nice to get that bit of luck.it honestly could have been 4-4 at half time.

The bad: How quickly we just lost confidence after Woking scored their first. It was almost like you knew what was going to happen, and once again it did. We lumped it forward and invited pressure on ourselves. To be fair, their strikes were well taken but we should have done better.the ref might as well had been wearing a Woking shirt. Missed so many blatant shirt tugs on our players and never seemed to mind it when Woking were time wasting. Dreadful.

The Ugly: Our defence. Simply put, just not good enough. Downes did well with his goal and did win headers at the back, but the rest were just so shakey and devoid of confidence.

Also a word out to a few players. At least clap the fans who have traveled a long way on a Tuesday night to be there. Hargreaves waved the players over to us but yet didn't come over himself. He looked gutted and a beaten man if you ask me.

Nice to meet Steve Breed in the bar before the game and a few of the regular nutters. The sooner this season is over the better . Hard work needs to be done over the summer.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not a wind up. I have spent a fortune supporting Torquay over 50 years but Exeter are half an hour closer. I have a friend who had a season ticket last year at Torquay but he gave up at the end of the season - now goes to Exeter.
Lets face it Exeter play better football,have a better set up,friendlier stewards,a better dressed and more tactically astute manager and better players.
What have we Got - Shit players,Shit Set up, a bunch of arseholes for stewards,a shit manager and a team who cannot beat part timers.
It really is a no brainer.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Hahahaha!!!!

We win on Saturday and Terry is nowhere to be seen then somewhat grudgingly comes online, throws a congratulatory comment on the forum and disappears - to then reappear, gloatingly, when the team lose.

He then boasts about how he bets against his team and that he is looking forward to buying an Exeter City season ticket next season.

This guy is either the biggest **** troll going or on a huge wind up.

Either way, he's an ejit.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Hahahaha!!!!

We win on Saturday and Terry is nowhere to be seen then somewhat grudgingly comes online, throws a congratulatory comment on the forum and disappears - to then reappear, gloatingly, when the team lose.

He then boasts about how he bets against his team and that he is looking forward to buying an Exeter City season ticket next season.

This guy is either the biggest f**king troll going or on a huge wind up.

Either way, he's an ejit.
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I enjoyed the first half. I don't swear, but hey.....f*** o** Brucie, you won't be missed.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Chasing glory is NOT a true loyal football supporter.

Yes we are all of those things, but you stick by your club / friends / family when the going gets tough. That's what determines if you are a true supporter of any club. And when, because it will be "when" Exeter" have a bad season you can go and support one of the Bristol clubs, what ever one is doing well at the time. ENJOY!
TUST MEMBER
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

taxilady wrote:I enjoyed the first half. I don't swear, but hey.....f*** o** Brucie, you won't be missed.
Agree 100%. The guy is a prat.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

brucie wrote: As has been said many times this is the WORST Torquay team this side of Nagasaki.
I think you are being very unfair to our teams from the 1920's and 1930's ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Trouble is Stefano, you're the only one still around from that era and that still bears the mental scars.

;-)

STIP
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

taxilady wrote:I enjoyed the first half. I don't swear, but hey.....f*** o** Brucie, you won't be missed.
This made me laugh - since when has "off" needed to be starred out?

:)

STIP
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

in context Scott, it's a swear word !!!!!Seriously though, Brucie mostly brings negativity to the forum. Essentially he's (allegedly) doing the same as Austrian Andy (who I do miss for his too long forum contributions & during his time,he contributed on the terraces as well) but I see his departure as an improvement !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066