Woking v Torquay TUE 24TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And just to add that people may well say good riddance but there are clearly four or five hundred other people who have had enough as well and its a major problem.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

16 minutes of Highlights uploaded by Woking. Pretty decent quality too for the day after the game.

www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

brucie wrote:And just to add that people may well say good riddance but there are clearly four or five hundred other people who have had enough as well and its a major problem.
I stopped going after the 15 th game of last season when they failed to sack that wan### Knill , can't get tickets for Arsenal so have been going to Villa who I also like. I am resigned to the opinion that it will be a good few years before we see league football again at the Laura Williams.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Was going to thanks for posting those highlights Gullible , having watched then however, I just find myself once again feeling pretty :@ we can go on all we like about CH having his tied and our poor location, but come on, simple basic defending again, that third goal is U14 stuff, we've seen this since game 1, we're now at game 40 where's the improvement, and how on earth have they scored the other two.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

wodger of awabia wrote: I stopped going after the 15 th game of last season when they failed to sack that wan### Knill , can't get tickets for Arsenal so have been going to Villa who I also like.
Are you the sort of guy who enjoys pain? Stops going to see Torquay and heads off to Villa?

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

forevertufc wrote:Was going to thanks for posting those highlights Gullible , having watched then however, I just find myself once again feeling pretty :@ we can go on all we like about CH having his tied and our poor location, but come on, simple basic defending again, that third goal is U14 stuff, we've seen this since game 1, we're now at game 40 where's the improvement, and how on earth have they scored the other two.
You can train people all you like for the whole week - if they suddenly fall apart on the pitch, there is little you can do really.

Given that CH has brought in players to play in defence, he has clearly identified it as a weak area.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:And just to add that people may well say good riddance but there are clearly four or five hundred other people who have had enough as well and its a major problem.
In your case, it's good riddance.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

forevertufc wrote:Was going to thanks for posting those highlights Gullible , having watched then however, I just find myself once again feeling pretty :@ we can go on all we like about CH having his tied and our poor location, but come on, simple basic defending again, that third goal is U14 stuff, we've seen this since game 1, we're now at game 40 where's the improvement, and how on earth have they scored the other two.
Poor defending indeed! Pearce is dreadful for 2 of the goals! The 1st, he doesn't even attempt to block the shot coming in the 3rd doesn't win a header that he really should.

And the 2nd well its really poor goalkeeping by Rice, to be beaten at the near post when the ball has traveled a long way and there's time to be set in position is not good at all!

I cannot wait for a new GK.

SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

torquay are so crap go away hargreves
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

SBP wrote:torquay are so crap go away hargreves
Attachments
picard-facepalm.jpg

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: You can train people all you like for the whole week - if they suddenly fall apart on the pitch, there is little you can do really.

Given that CH has brought in players to play in defence, he has clearly identified it as a weak area.
To a point Scott I agree with you, of course once a manager sends the players over the white line he can't always legislate for everything that's going to happen on the pitch, however, overall I do not agree with you, that's what game management and training sessions are for, we're 40 games into the season and our players are not fit period, and the same mistakes are being made over and over again, yes we're a conference club and players at this level have there limitations, but mate, some of these errors are so, so basic, and technical issues that can be improved on, defensive organisation, communication, clearly missing for the third goal, as Rendell was man-marked until the defender left him to go and header a ball that wasn't his to deal with.

Yes he's brought in defenders and some how succeeded in making things worse. The point has been made elsewhere, and something that hadn't escaped my notice, Chris Hargreaves after receiving stinging criticism for playing Gueguen at right back and Dawson at left, CH told us quite clearly Gueguen as a player is far happier playing right back and Dawson had previous at left back.

So please someone tell me why Pearce who's never played at full back before this season is played at left back, Gueguen who according to CH is happier at right back is playing at centre back, and Dawson who's had experience at left back is at right back. ok it would have meant having a right back at left back but a defence last night of; Gueguen, Pearce, Downes, Dawson would have had at least some balanced look about it.

I admire your steadfast defence of CH, but yet further evidence that CH has either developed Buckle's arrogance or is football managements answer to coco the clown.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I've been trying to imagine the side that Chris picked was Ajala and Cameron wide and Young and McQilkin central with Briscoe dropping off the front or was it another formation.

The frightening thing with Cameron and Ajala they need reminding to track back to protect the fulbacks. The manager or coach should have been drumming this into them at half time after going two nil up I don't like that word 'nil' it brings back memories.
Not being there I can't form any opinion on what happened second half. :keepie:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

:goodpost:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Looking at the highlights and we were lucky to get away with a 3-2 loss. They hit the post twice and also missed an absolute sitter.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yes but that 4 or 500 don't come on here week after week, month after month, year after year moaning and whinging. Gloating and say they are off to support our closest rivals.

And when we do win, keep quite!

We all know we are not good. we don't need it shoved down our throats every f ing day. Some of us will stick it out, people like you wont! SIMPLES!

Im not sure what you are trying to prove, that you have always been right? Well let me say WELL DONE!! Or more likely you revel in seeing us other fans suffer and want to make it worse!
TUST MEMBER