Woking v Torquay TUE 24TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

SBP wrote: My I apologise for this post, school boy error, left logged on and my son decides to post his feelings after the recent loss
Very perceptive young man! ;-)
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Neal wrote:I do agree with that. Guegen is not the answer, hes not strong enough, actually like all our defense except Downes.
.... and MacDonald (surely?) when fit.

They are the only two defenders I would consider keeping for next season, and I would bring a new keeper in too.

In fact, the only players I would keep for next season would be MacDonald, Downes (possibly - but on reduced money), Young, Richards, Ajala, Bowman and Briscoe. I would probably offer a new 1 year deal to O'Achie too and I think I am right in believing that young Chaney still has a year left on his deal as well. No doubt quite a few of the second year youth team players will get offered pro deals such as Ives (expect him to leave though), Prynn, Lavercombe, Odofin, maybe Lynch too.

Most of those I would retain are already under contract for next season which is good news and should leave us with a core of 9 or 10 pros with 4 or 5 youngsters to pad the squad out. It would then need the Manager (be that Greavsie or whoever) to recruit 7 or 8 new players in the summer with the priority being a goalkeeper, a couple of full backs, a dominant, physical brute of a centre half, a couple of SOLID midfielders and a couple of decent strikers. Job Done. :)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Gullscorer wrote:Before we even think about changing the manager (again), there may be one or two others at the club who should either resign or admit their incompetences and do something about them, not to forget the improvements to be recommended by Kelvin Thomas, along with (hopefully) a new regime in charge with a more effective financial structure at the club before next season begins.

Kevin's point about Tisdale is a valid one, and I'm inclined towards Scott's view: CH, thus far, and unavoidably from the club's point of view, has been continually sent into battle with one hand tied behind his back, and should be given a new season under a new club regime before final judgement is made.

We should remember that fans are hardly in the best position to make judgement, not having full knowledge of the situation inside the club. All they can do is to express (hopefully, less ill-considered) opinions and vote with their feet.

And just as Tisdale has bounced back, along with the Grecian fair weather supporters, the same could yet happen at Plainmoor..
Is that the one he broke. :)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

CP Gull wrote: .... and MacDonald (surely?) when fit.

They are the only two defenders I would consider keeping for next season, and I would bring a new keeper in too.

In fact, the only players I would keep for next season would be MacDonald, Downes (possibly - but on reduced money), Young, Richards, Ajala, Bowman and Briscoe. I would probably offer a new 1 year deal to O'Achie too and I think I am right in believing that young Chaney still has a year left on his deal as well. No doubt quite a few of the second year youth team players will get offered pro deals such as Ives (expect him to leave though), Prynn, Lavercombe, Odofin, maybe Lynch too.

Most of those I would retain are already under contract for next season which is good news and should leave us with a core of 9 or 10 pros with 4 or 5 youngsters to pad the squad out. It would then need the Manager (be that Greavsie or whoever) to recruit 7 or 8 new players in the summer with the priority being a goalkeeper, a couple of full backs, a dominant, physical brute of a centre half, a couple of SOLID midfielders and a couple of decent strikers. Job Done. :)
.... and MacDonald (surely?) when fit. yes your right I was sort of referring to the team that played against Woking.

I would go with that group too actually.
TUST MEMBER
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Are you also staying away from the underachieving Argiggle too? ;-)
Haven't been down to Home Park since that day I was crossdressed and IJN let us in with your nod. There was a better way of putting that, let me explain - I was wearing a combination of green, black, white, old gold/yellow and blue, some of it overt, some of it covert. When I exposed what was covert I was told to put it away as it was an act of indecency as to cause gross offence.

There was a better way of putting that as well. :-/

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"