Torquay v Kidderminster

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Torquay v Kidderminster

Post by Dave »

Saturday we welcome Kidderminster Harriers to Plainmoor, conference home of charity, bargains and free to all hand outs to all visiting teams. Kidderminster a club very much in a similar position to our own, put out a public appeal for new investment back in August after the resignation of previous chairman Mark serrell , I'm not sure whether Harriers have gained the new investment they're looking for, however have recently appointed Rod Brown as vice-chairman. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31921435

Kidderminster arrive at Plainmoor on the back of a worse run of current form, than Torquay are currently experiencing, bizarre, to some this will be totally unbelievable but absolutely true. In what I consider a brave move Harriers assistant manager Mark Creighton accused the squad of 'taking the mick' by and large many around Harriers believe the players are already on their holidays.

In the head to head we've met Kidderminster Harriers in league match's across the football league and conference 13 times before; Torquay 3 wins, Kidderminster 3 wins and there has been 7 draws.

Harriers current away form reads; W-W-L-D-L-L overall form reads; D-L-D-L-L-L

Kidderminster are currently sat in 12th position in the division and lined up for their 0.2 home defeat by Dover as follows;

01 Lewis
02 Hodgkiss
30 Gowling
07 Byrne (Gittings - 46' )
28 Nicholson
15 Grimes
14 Obeng
17 Verma
03 Green (Reffell - 72' )
09 Wright
21 Spencer (Hughes - 54' )

From a Torquay point of view, it's now confirmed that Angus MacDonald will miss the rest of the season, and joins defenders Thomas Cruise and Dale Tonge who also look set to miss the rest of this season, I do not know of any other injuries or suspensions.

Torquay's current home form reads as follow; W-L-D-L-L-L overall form reads; D-W-L-L-D-L

Torquay currently sat in 17th position in the division and lined up for Tuesdays 1.5 home defeat by Braintree as follows;

01 Rice
08 Young
26 Gueguen
04 Downes
16 Richards Booked
09 Bowman (Prynn - 67' )
25 Ives
10 Ajala
29 Dawson
32 Campbell (Briscoe - 85' )
05 Pearce (Chapell - 54' )

Firstly Saturday gives the home support a chance to welcome Kevin Nicholson, a player we all know was a fantastic servant of our football club, and no matter how it ended I hope, in fact I'm sure he will get a warm reception from the home fans. Normally I'd look at our opponents poor form and see that as something to give us hope of a good result, however Tuesday Braintree who themselves were in worse form that us, came saw, and kick us sideways.

Tuesday night attendances have always been historically lower than for Saturday games, however I would see a gate figure lower than 1500 as a further sign that our support has no faith in either the manager or players to turn this around. I think a continuation of our current set of results and the retention of Chris Hargreaves as manager could do irreversible damage to our season ticket sales and attendance figures, stating the obvious we need to start winning games now, and even then it could take a while before fans who are voting with their feet start coming back.
Last edited by Dave on 20 Mar 2015, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

After walking home Tuesday night very much against going on Saturday, i've decided to go. Mainly because we don't have a home game after that till the 4th of April.

I'd really like to see 4-3-3, we keep getting done in midfield with 442 and 352, as Braintree showed with 3 in the middle and dominated.

(Along the lines of)

------------------------Rice
------------Ives Downes Gueguen Dawson
---------------------Richards
---------------Harding------Young
------------Briscoe--------------Ajala
----------------------Bowman
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Whatever fans think of Hargreaves, I hope that for 90 mins at least, we focus on supporting the team and hopefully get a victory out of this one. The fact that Kiddy are in such poor form too, it would be disappointing if we couldn't get something from this. Hopefully we'll see the reaction Hargreaves has called for weeks now. After Tuesday night, the fans deserve one.

Expecting Nicho to score and a sub par gate, 1600
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Some team news for Saturday (that we NEVER get told for some reason!)

John Cambell - Bruised foot - 50/50
Duane - Family Bereavement - unlikely
Jordan Chappel - Groin strain - doubtful
Ben Harding - Tonsillitis - Out

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Expecting a 0-0 or giving Kiddy a kickstart to their end of season run in!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Someone tell me why I'm going, cos I can't understand it.

Am I suffering form Hargreavescrapdecisionitus ?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I just get the feeling that this match could well be a crossroads for Hargreaves. If the attendance falls to 1500 or below and if there's yet another poor performance, Kelvin Thomas and the directors will be looking at the lost revenue and where we go from here. However, I expect a 'gate' of 1600 and a win ..... I always go to Plainmoor expecting a win, poor deluded sod I am !
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I know it's incredibly pedantic but the misspelling of Kidderminster in the thread title here is a bit annoying, could a mod change it?

As for the game - I don't think it matters as long as we get a point. I just want imto finish this season safely as quickly as possible, get the change of ownership sorted and move on.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Kit_robin wrote:I know it's incredibly pedantic but the misspelling of Kidderminster in the thread title here is a bit annoying, could a mod change it?

As for the game - I don't think it matters as long as we get a point. I just want imto finish this season safely as quickly as possible, get the change of ownership sorted and move on.
Apologies, and fixed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Kit_robin wrote:I know it's incredibly pedantic but the misspelling of Kidderminster in the thread title here is a bit annoying, could a mod change it?

:clap:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I am free tomorrow so thought about going, but I would have to be insane. They are on a worse run of form than we are so the result is obvious, we will lose again.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:I am free tomorrow so thought about going, but I would have to be insane. They are on a worse run of form than we are so the result is obvious, we will lose again.
Of course you won't be there, Exeter are away at Cheltenham so you'll be there.

The tufc stewards will be pleased.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Tomorrow is the day when we turn things around and go on an unbeaten run.

There will be an amazing response to Tuesday's humiliation, resulting in a 3-0 hammering of Kiddy.

COYY!!!!

:keepie: :keepie:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Tomorrow is the day when we turn things around and go on an unbeaten run.

There will be an amazing response to Tuesday's humiliation, resulting in a 3-0 hammering of Kiddy.

COYY!!!!

:keepie: :keepie:

Someone call the nurse please...................... :clap: :lol:
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Some team news for Saturday (that we NEVER get told for some reason!)
Ben Harding - Tonsillitis - Out
What ??? I don't believe it !!! First he had a hamstring injury (fair enough), came back for one game and went down with manflu, returned for one more game and now he's got a sore throat !! If he really, really wanted to play, he'd have declared himself available. Let's just pay up his contract and send him on gardening leave - i.e. tell him to Fork Off.