Torquay v Kidderminster

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Brucie, Kidderminster, obviously are better than some because they are not bottom of the league. Saying that they didn't look very good, and our performance was hardly sparkling. It looked like what it was - two teams in terrible form, lacking in cohesion and confidence. At 1-1, I expected them to win, and perhaps had we not scored our 2nd fairly quickly, they might have done, but at that point it could have gone either way.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: :goodpost:

Exactly! Good to have some brucie free time on here though!
Was thinking exactly the same thing!
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Good win, hope there is going to be a recovery but it will have to be something special to change my mind. Watched Bristol City at Wembley Sunday and they played the football that Chris was trying to get us to play but you need the right players. :keepie:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A win is a win as they say but we weren't too convincing, were we? Played okay in the first half but reverted to headless chicken stuff for a while in the second half. Several good performances and especially good to see Dawson and Guergen settling in well. I hope both will be at Plainmoor next season. My thoughts are if we had played that team, or that formation, last Tuesday night, we wouldn't have lost to Braintree. Playing three centre halves was stupid. Hargreaves berated the players but he should also have held up his hands to deciding to play a wrong formation. Against Braintree, the link up between midfield and strikers was virtually nil. On Saturday, there was much better link up thanks to Briscoe playing just behind Bowman.

Like Gateman a few postings back, I think some on here are a bit harsh on McQuilkin. He put in a shift on Saturday, got in some important tackles and he and Young seemed to play well together. You don't have to be big. Look at Mr Messi and even Eunan wasn't very big. He is definitely a better option than Harding and it's a toss up between him and Richards who has not been at his best for several games. I'd like to see him given a run in the side.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

arcadia wrote:Good win, hope there is going to be a recovery but it will have to be something special to change my mind. Watched Bristol City at Wembley Sunday and they played the football that Chris was trying to get us to play but you need the right players. :keepie:
I was there too, City were a class apart.

However no amount of poor results will ever stop me supporting Torquay. If it were a choice I'm sure we'd all be supporting a better team or more fashionable team. However, TUFC are in my blood and that will never change. I believe that you don't choose your football team, it chooses you. Let's hope better times are around the corner but this is the exact time when the club needs us most.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Any highlights yet
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

drummergull90 wrote: I was there too, City were a class apart.

However no amount of poor results will ever stop me supporting Torquay. If it were a choice I'm sure we'd all be supporting a better team or more fashionable team. However, TUFC are in my blood and that will never change. I believe that you don't choose your football team, it chooses you. Let's hope better times are around the corner but this is the exact time when the club needs us most.
I have played for City in all their teams bar the main one. My son took me with the grandchildren I got back to Torquay at 1.45am. City look a good side at long last.
Torquay will always be my side now it's taken time as but I am loyal to them and only say what I think on here, it may hurt a bit but I am honest. :keepie:
Last edited by arcadia on 23 Mar 2015, 22:59, edited 4 times in total.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

tomogull wrote:A win is a win as they say but we weren't too convincing, were we? Played okay in the first half but reverted to headless chicken stuff for a while in the second half. Several good performances and especially good to see Dawson and Guergen settling in well. I hope both will be at Plainmoor next season. My thoughts are if we had played that team, or that formation, last Tuesday night, we wouldn't have lost to Braintree. Playing three centre halves was stupid. Hargreaves berated the players but he should also have held up his hands to deciding to play a wrong formation. Against Braintree, the link up between midfield and strikers was virtually nil. On Saturday, there was much better link up thanks to Briscoe playing just behind Bowman.

Like Gateman a few postings back, I think some on here are a bit harsh on McQuilkin. He put in a shift on Saturday, got in some important tackles and he and Young seemed to play well together. You don't have to be big. Look at Mr Messi and even Eunan wasn't very big. He is definitely a better option than Harding and it's a toss up between him and Richards who has not been at his best for several games. I'd like to see him given a run in the side.
At last Chris has played Briscoe off the front I could not make it Saturday and wondered how they played thanks for a clear post. :keepie: