Torquay v Braintree TUE 17th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have been going to Plainmoor for 61 years and I cannot remember a worse defeat. This is a squad of players who huff and puff but are just not up to the standard in a tough League were there are no easy games.

Braintree played like a well drilled team and defended well. Our defence was shocking. For Braintrees second goal I dont think we had one player within 60 yards of Rice. Hargreaves had decided to play a high line but you cannot do this with our squad. It was a fatal decision.

When things are going wrong the opposition seem to score with every chance and Sparks 3 goals were very well taken.

When he was substituted Plainmoor clapped him off the pitch which you dont see very often.

I thought Levi Ives did very well on the night and Liam Prynn did not receive one decent pass.

Bowman was poor and reacted badly when substituted.

A gate of 1,103 is dire but can you wonder with the dross that is being served up.

This was a humiliating evening and it is really hard to see what is going to happen in the next few weeks.

We need a miracle.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Well after watching that pile of shite, the phrase I have in mind rhymes with clucking bell.

Remember back in the early part of the season we were second in the league and were playing some good football. WTF has happened since?

We seem devoid of ideas, devoid of confidence and devoid of a plan B when it goes tits up.

The atmosphere at Plainmoor is becoming toxic. The cheers and jeers when Bowman was subbed said it all. TUFC is not a happy place to be in at the moment.

I haven't called for Hargreaves' to go before tonight, but his position has now got to be untenable following this debacle.

My last comment is for Braintree. Well done to them tonight. I thought they were very good value for their win and scored some stunning goals. They certainly showed us how to play as a unit tonight.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

All those people who would have voted for Sammy Collins in Plymouth Gull's excellent 'Top 100 Players' thread will be turning in their graves tonight.

R.I.P. But you don't know how lucky you are! :(
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:BBC say its the biggest loss at home since going down to a club-record 8-1 loss to scunthorpe in October 1995.
Yes - it's our worst home defeat for 20 years. And I was at the Scunthorpe game too. Now, I know I'm going to get some 'flack' for this but I thought we played better tonight than we did against Wrexham, Telford and Chester. Is the Braintree winger, Sparkes, who scored a hat-trick tonight really that good or did he just have one of those 'purple patch' games ? Playing at home with three central defenders was ridiculous. Braintree were the better team but not by 5 - 1. Central defenders must love playing against Bowman. Yet again, he was totally dominated both in the air and on the ground. Braintree were well organised, mostly played the ball on the ground and always had players in support. In other words, the way we were playing at the start of the season. Where has it all gone wrong? After the Scunthorpe match, the then manager (Mike Green, I think) was given his P45 .........
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tomogull wrote: After the scunthorpe match, the then manager (Mike Green, I think) was given his P45 .........
Wasn't it Don O'Riordan? Can't speak badly of him on Paddy's Day! ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: Wasn't it Don O'Riordan? Can't speak badly of him on Paddy's Day! ;-)
Yes - come to think of it, you're right. Interestingly, he was another popular player who didn't hack it as a manager ......
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Somebody get Martin Ling on Spotlight!!

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Or give Thea Gary Johnsons number........
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Somebody get Martin Ling on Spotlight!!

:)
Yes, and then get him to say, something has to change.
Formerly known as forevertufc
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

I will give him a ring and pass it on !
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote: Yes, and then get him to say, something has to change.

If I was Dinger I'd have 2 words for the Board (Baker/Phillips) with the 2nd word being OFF !
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

The relative comfort of Ling's tenure seems so distant now.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

On the "prospects for 2015" thread I predicted we would finish the season in 20th position on 50pts.

I realise now I was being overconfident. :-/

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

100% no to Martin ling

Also CH refuses to speak to the media

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31934002
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Please don't forget Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum that the new level of ineptitude achieved last night is in no way the fault of Chris Hargreaves.
It is the fault of Alan Knill, Martin Ling, Paul Buckle and everyone back to David Webb and beyond.
Chris Hargreaves is blameless.
We will train well for the next 3 days and show against Kidderminster exactly how fine a side we really are.