Torquay v Chester Tue 10th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Brilliant save from Rice (comparing to De Gea)
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Campbell on for Dawson. All out attack from here on in.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Rice MOTM again
TUST MEMBER
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Rightfully so, he's kept the scoreline at just one goal on numerous occasions. Certainly no one else is particularly deserving of any accolades.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

absolute disgrace.
The gulls are going up
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Well Hargreaves wanted a reaction to the defeat on Saturday but we certainly didn't get one. The article on the official site about "Blood & Thunder" was nonsense, clearly the squad didn't read it.

We were alright up until they scored but then as per usual we just became unable to get the basics right. Fourth defeat in a row but even more worrying is that we haven't scored in three games. God knows where we go from here.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Terrible again
Rice MOTM
The best atmosphere was when rice went up for a late free kick
At the start of the season young free kick would have dropped in
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 10 Mar 2015, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Can the season just end now so the team can be sorted out, experience seem to count for nothing tonight.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Look I know there are going toi be people moaning after another defeat but actually it appears that Scott and Southampton gull were right and not actually talking bollocks .
Lets take the positives - it was only a narrow defeat and Ricey is improving at last as he got man of the match. Ok we may be 15th but this league is alot harder than last year's league 2.
I mean there are some bloody good teams above us. Look at Chester,Altrincham,Dover, Lincoln and Kidderminster for starters. We are punching above our weight if we are expecting to be able compete with this lot.
It won't be long before Chris turns it round. I mean hes brought in some bloody good loan signings John "I'm obsessed with scoring" Campbell will soon be banging them in and that Jamie Reid looks a blinding a player as well.
Even Bowman might do something if Chris leaves him on the pitch for much longer. So it won't be long before the wins start coming - I'm sure of it.

On the other hand you could take the opposite view that Hargreaves is a fecking liability who may well achieve the impossible and get us relegated, and Scott and SG are a pair of Horses Arses after all :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:Look I know there are going toi be people moaning after another defeat but actually it appears that Scott and Southampton gull were right and not actually talking bollocks .
Lets take the positives - it was only a narrow defeat and Ricey is improving at last as he got man of the match. Ok we may be 15th but this league is alot harder than last year's league 2.
I mean there are some bloody good teams above us. Look at Chester,Altrincham,Dover, Lincoln and Kidderminster for starters. We are punching above our weight if we are expecting to be able compete with this lot.
It won't be long before Chris turns it round. I mean hes brought in some bloody good loan signings John "I'm obsessed with scoring" Campbell will soon be banging them in and that Jamie Reid looks a blinding a player as well.
Even Bowman might do something if Chris leaves him on the pitch for much longer. So it won't be long before the wins start coming - I'm sure of it.

On the other hand you could take the opposite view that Hargreaves is a fecking liability who may well achieve the impossible and get us relegated, and Scott and SG are a pair of Horses Arses after all :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
:goodpost:
Lucy
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I'll start with a positive - we were better than Saturday although that's not saying much! Thought we deserved something from the game but we lack quality and confidence in the final third. I didn't have a great view of the goal but our defence didn't cover themselves with glory. I think Downes and Dawson were too deep and played Chester onside when the ball came into the box, before it was tucked low past Rice into the corner. This came after Bowman missed another golden chance at 0-0 (how many times has that happened this season?) and Young watched a deflected free-kick cannon off the crossbar. Second half we were better with Young doing his best to drive the team on but we never had Chester on the ropes and they saw it out quite comfortably in the end.

Rice 7 - few saves including one excellent stop in the second half. Given MOTM for the second game running.

Dawson 5 - played out of position and has no left foot. Better than Saturday but still unconvincing.

Downes 5 - slow to react and not as commanding as usual.

Pearce 5 - gone from our best player to a liability. No coordination and his distribution makes Branston look like Beckenbauer.

Gueguen 5 - looked like a centre-half playing at right-back. Caught out of position a few times but is at least good in the air and a decent passer. Was absolutely distraught at full-time.

Ajala 7 - didn't stop running. Our biggest threat going forward. Doesn't always come off but he at least is brave enough to run at defenders.

Harding 5 - has another different haircut although as we only see him once in a blue moon I'm surprised he's not got a ponytail. One good pass in the second half. That was it.

Young 7 - first half poor but was back to his best after the break. Tried to push the team forward and was very unlucky not to score. Best 45 minutes he's played in a long time.

Chapell 4 - nothing came off for him tonight. No end product which is why the rest of his career will be spent outside of the FL.

Briscoe 6 - probably has the best first touch in the squad. Controls the ball well and tries to link up play but he can't run with it. I'd stick with him up front though.

Bowman 2 - that's being kind. It was like playing against 12 players. One of the worst performances from a centre-forward I have ever seen. I'm honestly not exaggerating.

Richards and Yeoman were blah but only had about 20 minutes. Can't remember Campbell touching the ball.

I thought it was a decent team selection from Hargreaves. I would have started Richards instead of sicknote but I was happy with the line-up. What disappointed me was his substitutions. I know Briscoe does struggle to complete a full game but he wasn't breathing too heavily tonight and should have stayed on. Bowman must have some kinky pictures of Mrs Hargreaves in his locker as that's the only explanation I can think of for why he wasn't taken off. Cameron should have also replaced Chapell who needs to spend every training session working on his crossing. Regardless of the subs, they should have happened much sooner. Hargreaves just doesn't seem to be able to change a game when it's not going our way. Might struggle to get four figures for the attendance next Tuesday night.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bowman should be dropped for Ofori on Saturday - cannot do any worse.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I am really disappointed as tonight I thought we would win and get things back on track but I never thought that the players would lose their nerves which is what has happened. The team are playing on their nerves as passes are ten yards away from where they want them to be. The players need the supporters help more than ever as if we don't get behind the team things could get worse. I expect they can't wait for an away game and I expect they will play better away than tonight. I have never seen the ball in the air so much. Briscoe was picked to play but the ball was played to his head for most of the game no football was played as the ball was a hot potato. The players are better than what they produced tonight and we have all got to help them if you support Torquay United.
When the players came out and seen the small crowd they must have been shocked as the build up in the dressing room must have just gone out of the window.
I can't say anymore but don't walk away, get behind the players as they need you more than ever now. :keepie:
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Just back from watching another shambolic performance.

Blood and Thunder my arse- was more like weak Ribena and a wet fart.

Hargreaves assumed his usual "lean against the shelter" stance, which portrays an "I don't care" attitude. No evidence of "he is hurting as much if not more than we are". Show some Blood and Thunder yourself Hargreaves - at least look interested.

Never mind his broken hand - "Hopeless Hargreaves has finally managed to break my spirit. :'(

I am too despondent to get angry any more.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

tommyg wrote:I'll start with a positive - we were better than Saturday although that's not saying much! Thought we deserved something from the game but we lack quality and confidence in the final third. I didn't have a great view of the goal but our defence didn't cover themselves with glory. I think Downes and Dawson were too deep and played Chester onside when the ball came into the box, before it was tucked low past Rice into the corner. This came after Bowman missed another golden chance at 0-0 (how many times has that happened this season?) and Young watched a deflected free-kick cannon off the crossbar. Second half we were better with Young doing his best to drive the team on but we never had Chester on the ropes and they saw it out quite comfortably in the end.

Rice 7 - few saves including one excellent stop in the second half. Given MOTM for the second game running.

Dawson 5 - played out of position and has no left foot. Better than Saturday but still unconvincing.

Downes 5 - slow to react and not as commanding as usual.

Pearce 5 - gone from our best player to a liability. No coordination and his distribution makes Branston look like Beckenbauer.

Gueguen 5 - looked like a centre-half playing at right-back. Caught out of position a few times but is at least good in the air and a decent passer. Was absolutely distraught at full-time.

Ajala 7 - didn't stop running. Our biggest threat going forward. Doesn't always come off but he at least is brave enough to run at defenders.

Harding 5 - has another different haircut although as we only see him once in a blue moon I'm surprised he's not got a ponytail. One good pass in the second half. That was it.

Young 7 - first half poor but was back to his best after the break. Tried to push the team forward and was very unlucky not to score. Best 45 minutes he's played in a long time.

Chapell 4 - nothing came off for him tonight. No end product which is why the rest of his career will be spent outside of the FL.

Briscoe 6 - probably has the best first touch in the squad. Controls the ball well and tries to link up play but he can't run with it. I'd stick with him up front though.

Bowman 2 - that's being kind. It was like playing against 12 players. One of the worst performances from a centre-forward I have ever seen. I'm honestly not exaggerating.

Richards and Yeoman were blah but only had about 20 minutes. Can't remember Campbell touching the ball.

I thought it was a decent team selection from Hargreaves. I would have started Richards instead of sicknote but I was happy with the line-up. What disappointed me was his substitutions. I know Briscoe does struggle to complete a full game but he wasn't breathing too heavily tonight and should have stayed on. Bowman must have some kinky pictures of Mrs Hargreaves in his locker as that's the only explanation I can think of for why he wasn't taken off. Cameron should have also replaced Chapell who needs to spend every training session working on his crossing. Regardless of the subs, they should have happened much sooner. Hargreaves just doesn't seem to be able to change a game when it's not going our way. Might struggle to get four figures for the attendance next Tuesday night.