Torquay v AFC Telford

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If you really think that is going to turn this around I sugest you book a spell in your local funny farm. Then again you don't see any matches - believe me if you had turned up last week you would be singing a different tune.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:If you really think that is going to turn this around I sugest you book a spell in your local funny farm.
No need to book myself anywhere - this site easily serves that purpose.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can only lol at brucie's replies. Typical nonsense from.a 'fan' who stops going if we lose and has now stated he's not going to any more games this season. That tells me all I need to know and why it's not worth engaging in a proper debate with him.

Arcadia, far from.name dropping I was talking to Royalgull who is a personal friend about the coaching directions given to Rice and others by Kenny Veysey He knows who I was coached by and the point was that keepers used to be taught to dominate their area, not stay rooted to the line. Budgie would have spat his dummy out if told to do what Rice is. Sorry the point yet again was lost on you but hey if my piss taking tongue in cheek comments upset you.......Tough shit ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Rice has always stuck to his line. An ex-Exeter pro, who I know, told me they called him dracula because he was scared of crosses.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wouldn't argue that point but even Scott Bevan did that and I watched him from an early age through being close friends with his Dad and before joining us he would dominate his area. Poke is the only one in recent memory who was comfortable in coming for crosses but he usually punched it.

Excuse the blatant name drop there Arcadia ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:I can only lol at brucie's replies. Typical nonsense from.a 'fan' who stops going if we lose and has now stated he's not going to any more games this season. That tells me all I need to know and why it's not worth engaging in a proper debate with him.

Arcadia, far from.name dropping I was talking to Royalgull who is a personal friend about the coaching directions given to Rice and others by Kenny Veysey He knows who I was coached by and the point was that keepers used to be taught to dominate their area, not stay rooted to the line. Budgie would have spat his dummy out if told to do what Rice is. Sorry the point yet again was lost on you but hey if my piss taking tongue in cheek comments upset you.......Tough sh*t ;-)
You don't worry me mate I was going to name drop but thought better of it as we have people on here who take the piss when you are talking football. I take my football seriously and have a bit of fun! :keepie:
I don't need a coach to tell me about keeping we taught the coaches. :keepie:
You get no shit from me unless you start throwing it.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

arcadia wrote: You don't worry me mate I was going to name drop but thought better of it as we have people on here who take the piss when you are talking football. I take my football seriously and have a bit of fun! :keepie:
I don't need a coach to tell me about keeping we taught the coaches. :keepie:
You get no sh*t from me unless you start throwing it.
Wouldn't suit us. You keep the ball if you throw it ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yep thats me not bothering with a three hour round trip even when the fuel and the ticket is free. Just wouldn't waste the time.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

For what it's worth, I am not one of those clamouring for Hargreaves head. As Scott posted, he has to be given time although I wish i could share Scott's confidence that he will turn things around. In any case, the club simply cannot afford to dismiss yet another manager.

My main query is - what happened to that team of exciting young players that started the season? They were playing good football and many of us hoped and expected that as the season progressed and they gained more experience, they would become even better. But players such as Bowman, Cameron, Richards, Ofori and Young simply aren't 'doing the business'. The only player who has progressed is Toby Ajala. Is it Hargreaves failing in not being able to motivate them? Is it personal such as they're not settling in the area? Is it because they're not coping with the travelling (as a club, we must travel more miles than any other in the league and it will be worse next season when Hartlepool and Carlisle/Tranmere join us) ? It could be a number of things but to lie 15th in this league is not good enough. I think everyone on here will agree with that and I'm sure Hargreaves will know privately that he is failing to deliver at the moment and that the last two matches have been about as bad as it can possibly get.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It's probably making changes after a defeat young players lose confidence and older players take it in their stride. On doing this Chris has lost his way when picking the side because confidence is low. The only thing to do is get back to basics and it means play the simple game work lines until keep possession and build confidence. Chris has to play his best players and I know I harp on but Briscoe is the player that knits the midfield to the strikers we've got nothing as good as him. McDonald has become established now and deserves his place at the back. I'm off to the game now I hope Briscoe is playing he's worth spending the money just to watch him. :keepie: